What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

New Stadium "Going To Happen" For csu

How is it the case that the year after CU makes a budget hire on coaches and does nothing concrete to upgrade facilities despite getting an enormous long-term revenue boost, yet CSU can go out and drop $1.5M on a coach and announce a plan for a new stadium?

I'm not insulting JE but it remains a fact that CSU made a much, much more high-profile hire. CSU's new coach and new stadium send a major message that they are investing in their program. We aren't doing the same.
+1

Another point I wanted to make is that the alumni/donor base of CU is a reflection of the school itself. Same goes for CSU. We have a base of big money donors that give money to make the university better as a whole including athletics. We also have a large portion of the regular joes that support the athletic teams as seen by attendance levels during the last several years. I just don't see that at CSU. What you have is a few large donors who are trying to boost the profile of the school through athletics, but how many of them have contributed to the rest of the school. And you really can't say that their is much regular joe fan support. I couldn't say if any of my CSU alum relatives have ever been to a CSU football game outside of Denver. But they sure do go to Bronco's games. So they have the money to spend, they just choose to not support their school.

You don't have to believe this, but Pat Stryker isn't as high on athletics as most are led to believe. She primarily donates to academics

Agreed. CSU fans, including myslef, could look like a bunch of hypocrites if this stadium actually gets done. In the long run, however, it would likely keep the RMS around past the current contract.

Bohn should let the series end. If he agrees to further this, he is a moron.

I have interest in them because they are a regional rival, share media space with the Buffs, we play them every year, and this whole situation pisses me off cause they are somehow pulling money from these donors, yet CU can't seem to do ****

You don't have to believe this, but Pat Stryker isn't as high on athletics as most are led to believe. She primarily donates to academics

I have never gotten what her connection to CSU is other than living in the Fort. She is a Northern Colo. alum according to her Forbes bio and her wikipedia page listed a $20M donation to CSU in 04 primarily to the football team. Reading her bio, it doesn't seem that CSU fits her agenda. Did her kids go there? The family is from Michigan. Probably her whole motivation is just giving back to the community. She did get an Honorary Doctorate from CSU for giving them so much money over the years.

I have interest in them because they are a regional rival, share media space with the Buffs, we play them every year, and this whole situation pisses me off cause they are somehow pulling money from these donors, yet CU can't seem to do ****

What donors? Stryker & their AD? Even their President said just two weeks ago that they haven't raised a cent. Maybe they've gotten some money committed since then but no one besides some "insiders" on Ramnation seems to know anything about it.

CSU is throwing out dream scenarios right now - I'd prefer if CU announces plans when they actually have funding (or have raised a significant amount) prior to making announcements.

I have heard from multiple people with connections to the AD that they had $40MM committed without Styker getting involved yet, and that was over a month ago.

I have heard from multiple people with connections to the AD that they had $40MM committed without Styker getting involved yet, and that was over a month ago.

So that was over a month ago, but two weeks ago their President said they don't have a cent raised? Something seems a bit off here...

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. I don't have the direct source here.

But even a dumbass Ram probably isn't going to strut around touting this with his every breath if he doesn't have SOMETHING already going.

Hey, maybe I'm wrong. I don't have the direct source here.

But even a dumbass Ram probably isn't going to strut around touting this with his every breath if he doesn't have SOMETHING already going.

I'm sure they've got something going. They've gotten donors to pledge millions, which is impressive for them. But to go from pledges for a fraction of the cost of a new stadium to having a new stadium paid for and built is a long, long road. If CU only has commitments for 20% of the cost of the improvements we want, but was running around making a lot of noise about them, people would still be tearing Bohn a new asshole, and probably rightly so. Maybe Stryker is the trump card that takes CSU from 20% to 100% of the stadium funding, but if that's the case, I'm not sure we can really blame anybody at CU for not having a sucker like that fall into their laps...

Fair enough. As I said earlier in this thread or another, this is nearing an impossibility of happening by 2014, but I do think it happens by 2016.

Fair enough. As I said earlier in this thread or another, this is nearing an impossibility of happening by 2014, but I do think it happens by 2016.

Our new upgraded facilities will be done by then and we'll have won back to back NC's. Csu will be playing in the big east, in the moral victory division.

Dude, if CSU gets a stadium, it better damn well be privately funded. Nobody else could be that retarded can they? Jesus Christ ive heard it all now.

Csu's new proposed stadium..seating capacity, a small child.

4w5uyetjfgjmgh.jpg

I seriously doubt MB would get any concessions from CSU though...he rarely comes out ahead in negotiating contracts.

Ain't that the truth.

Friday night game in Toledo - failure by MB
10 straight games in Denver with no concessions from CSU - failure by MB
Extension of Hawkins without revising the buyout language - failure by MB

He's done some good things as well, but when it comes to negotiations, he sucks balls. Overall (including the Pac move), I'd rate him a B- or C+. Without the Pac move, he'd be a D in my book. Better than Tharp, but that's not exactly a high bar.

That may be the case. The fact remains that CSU made a national splash on their hire and we didn't and I don't think that's because of some internal opinion that Embree was the best-possible hire in the country.

You can keep your splash. I want a good coach and think we have one with Embo. Time will tell if I'm right.

There is really only one logical place to put the new stadium...that would be adjacent to Moby. I did a quick clip of Folsom and stuck it on the CSU campus just to see how things might eventually look up there. Not too bad--I grew up in Fort Collins, and would gladly travel back up to campus for a game if they pull this off. Hughes is a toilet.

FolsomCSU.jpg

There is really only one logical place to put the new stadium...that would be adjacent to Moby. I did a quick clip of Folsom and stuck it on the CSU campus just to see how things might eventually look up there. Not too bad--I grew up in Fort Collins, and would gladly travel back up to campus for a game if they pull this off. Hughes is a toilet.

View attachment 8184

No way, they CANNOT have Folsom!

View attachment 8184
what you did there, is an abomination.

I really hope CSU puts the stadium in that exact place and creates an entire complex. With the dorm locations, students could litteraly shake off a hangover on Saturday morning at 11:55 and walk into the stadium for a 12:00 p.m. kickoff. Could make for a really great atomosphere. Open the adjacent fields and parking lots for tailgating, similar to what they do at WYO,

Back