What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

No USC game thread yet?

Not trolling you here, genuinely interested to hear your opinion as somebody who has lived on the east coast and a longtime cu bball supporter. What's the ideal TV start time for CU? Does that coincide and impact TV? And if so to what degree?

I was not a "longtime cu bball supporter" (or CU fan in any respect) until I moved here in 1995. So obviously I was coming from an entirely different perspective. Growing up on the east coast and living in Michigan for so many years, I was used to watching the local news, catching at least the first 30 minutes or so of Carson, and then going to bed (around midnight). Living out here I absorbed an entirely different body clock (at least while going to law school and then working full time). If I wasn't in bed by 11pm and soundly asleep shortly thereafter, I was seriously hurting and not at my best the next day.

I don't know what the "ideal" TV start time is for CU b-ball. But I'm pretty damn sure it's not ****ing 9pm on a weekday. A lot of TV viewers in the MST zone would have to be in bed by the second half, and any potential viewers on the east coast won't even bother tuning in in the first place. Those in the PST zone would be fine with it I guess ...and if that's the demo we're going for I understand that. But IMO it screws over the season ticket holders and otherwise loyal fans who want to actually attend the games.

Looking at the Tuesday schedule: the games against VT(I'm sure Cvill knows that for obvious reasons), Indiana St. John's, Georgia Tech, and UTenn are all playing home games at 9 PM.

Looking at Wed. schedule: Miami and Dayton are playing home games at 9 PM.

Looking at Thur. schedule: UNC, Temple, Seton Hall are all playing home games at 9 PM.

I was not a "longtime cu bball supporter" (or CU fan in any respect) until I moved here in 1995. So obviously I was coming from an entirely different perspective. Growing up on the east coast and living in Michigan for so many years, I was used to watching the local news, catching at least the first 30 minutes or so of Carson, and then going to bed (around midnight). Living out here I absorbed an entirely different body clock (at least while going to law school and then working full time). If I wasn't in bed by 11pm and soundly asleep shortly thereafter, I was seriously hurting and not at my best the next day.

I don't know what the "ideal" TV start time is for CU b-ball. But I'm pretty damn sure it's not ****ing 9pm on a weekday. A lot of TV viewers in the MST zone would have to be in bed by the second half, and any potential viewers on the east coast won't even bother tuning in in the first place. Those in the PST zone would be fine with it I guess ...and if that's the demo we're going for I understand that. But IMO it screws over the season ticket holders and otherwise loyal fans who want to actually attend the games.
So you think CU should consider the fans first and just say screw you to the TV networks, you can watch on ESPN3 if you really want so the "loyal fans" don't get screwed over?

You realize there are 4 games that start on tuesday at 9pm for schools hosting? and that it's like that every single major basketball day of every single season? 3 on wednesday? 4 on thursday? Everyone has to deal with it. We aren't being picked on.

Ski with 18pts, 8rebs, 6asts, 6 to.

Too many turnovers but man his stat sheets have been incredible lately. The fact that spencer is out and our assist numbers keep improving is just mind boggling.

Ski is just playing so solid right now

Talton has been the biggest suprise to me so far since SD's injury....he really was playing under control and making good decisions last night....great job by him

XJ has risen his game like he has needed to the last few games.

DT probably needs Wes to start again....he was completely lost last night

Ski is just playing so solid right now

Talton has been the biggest suprise to me so far since SD's injury....he really was playing under control and making good decisions last night....great job by him

XJ has risen his game like he has needed to the last few games.

DT probably needs Wes to start again....he was completely lost last night

I think the DT situation is very similar to the JHop situation. DT is just not ready to start and he is putting a lot of pressure on himself to excel in that roll and he is just not ready for it.

I think the DT situation is very similar to the JHop situation. DT is just not ready to start and he is putting a lot of pressure on himself to excel in that roll and he is just not ready for it.
You see flashes with DT. He had two great low post feeds to Josh last night, which I don't remember him looking to do before. outside of Jhop, the frosh were terrible last night. King got put in late when Jhop pissed Tad off, and he looked and acted cold. Almost single handedly let USC back into the game. DT just... it was hard to watch his confidence unravel in front of our eyes.

You see flashes with DT. He had two great low post feeds to Josh last night, which I don't remember him looking to do before. outside of Jhop, the frosh were terrible last night. King got put in late when Jhop pissed Tad off, and he looked and acted cold. Almost single handedly let USC back into the game. DT just... it was hard to watch his confidence unravel in front of our eyes.

He does seem to have the potential to become a very good passer out of the post. You are right, he had some fantastic dishes to Scott last night. I am sure that once he goes back to the bench and removes that pressure from himself, that things will get better. None of the freshman are ready to start and none of them were expected to. We need Wes and Fletcher back big time for this week.

The refs continue to scare me. I think CU is still their 'red-haired stepchild' and that could hurt us.

Last night, when usc mounted their 'come back in the last 4 mins, the refs were calling totally garbage fouls (the 1 on Scott was unreal). Even Tad, who isn't supposed to criticize the refs, said there was 'some outrageous stuff towards the end'.

Likewise, when we should have started the ucla 2nd half with confidence and momentum, the refs made several BS calls right away and, I think, caused the CU players to back off a bit and play more tentatively. Wasn't the game, but it was a factor.

I'd hate to see that ref with the whiteish brush cut in a tight tourney game

Welp, got a win we had to have. Sucks I missed it, listened to some waiting on my son's mom. She didn't even show naturally, oh well. Sounds like DT had a tough game.

The refs continue to scare me. I think CU is still their 'red-haired stepchild' and that could hurt us.

Last night, when usc mounted their 'come back in the last 4 mins, the refs were calling totally garbage fouls (the 1 on Scott was unreal). Even Tad, who isn't supposed to criticize the refs, said there was 'some outrageous stuff towards the end'.

Likewise, when we should have started the ucla 2nd half with confidence and momentum, the refs made several BS calls right away and, I think, caused the CU players to back off a bit and play more tentatively. Wasn't the game, but it was a factor.

I'd hate to see that ref with the whiteish brush cut in a tight tourney game

definitely some bad calls but what worries me if end of game play by our Buffs. So sloppy, careless and more of the same. They just do not protect the ball and value possessions. What also concerns me is Tad's refusal to use timeouts and get things under control. I have never seen a coach leave so many timeouts on the board. Use them Tad that's what they are for. So many instances even in the first half when a TO could have been useful and he goes into the locker room With 4. I just don't get it. It's a young team Spencer isn't out there he needs to slow it down and coach.

definitely some bad calls but what worries me if end of game play by our Buffs. So sloppy, careless and more of the same. They just do not protect the ball and value possessions. What also concerns me is Tad's refusal to use timeouts and get things under control. I have never seen a coach leave so many timeouts on the board. Use them Tad that's what they are for. So many instances even in the first half when a TO could have been useful and he goes into the locker room With 4. I just don't get it. It's a young team Spencer isn't out there he needs to slow it down and coach.

John Wooden school. Teams grow when the coach forces them to play through difficult stretches and figure things out for themselves.

Dustin Thomas is our new whipping boy. He replaces Hopkins who replaced Talton who replaced Booker.

How is a 9 start in the East any different than Colorado? We get plenty of 9 games in the East and tv is the reason for both. Colorado isn't being bullied, a 9 start isn't remotely unusual.

I agree, and TV runs things. Whether you want to believe it or not, 9 pm MST is not the same as 9 pm EST. TV is geared towards ending later at night EST, as primetime shows and the news run an hour later than in the CST and MST. Also, look at the average school start times on the East coast (in addition to some jobs) - they are usually an hour later start than the average start times in the CST and MST.

TV rules all and I don't feel that we're being picked on. One really late home game for the whole season is completely acceptable, especially since we knew that part of coming into the PAC would be later games. However, it just sucks that it impacts people (just like an early start time does) like me who can't go to a huge game because I'm a pussy and need more than four and a half hours sleep or so on a Wednesday night.

you can trust him on this one, if anyone can identify a "wine and cheese" sports crowd, it's the guy living in Charlottesville, VA.

If our fans don't show up for our 3rd biggest home game because it starts at 9 then we've got a wine and cheese fan base on par with Stanford.

I agree, and TV runs things. Whether you want to believe it or not, 9 pm MST is not the same as 9 pm EST. TV is geared towards ending later at night EST, as primetime shows and the news run an hour later than in the CST and MST. Also, look at the average school start times on the East coast (in addition to some jobs) - they are usually an hour later start than the average start times in the CST and MST.

TV rules all and I don't feel that we're being picked on. One really late home game for the whole season is completely acceptable, especially since we knew that part of coming into the PAC would be later games. However, it just sucks that it impacts people (just like an early start time does) like me who can't go to a huge game because I'm a pussy and need more than four and a half hours sleep or so on a Wednesday night.
Games don't usually begin until 7 PM on the east coast. Since if you're going with 2 hour windows, it's 7 PM, 9 PM, 11 PM(9 PM MST). It leaves the teams west of the Rockies with fewer options since you aren't going to start east coast games past 9:30 EST at the latest.

I haven't kept track but how many weekday 9 PM home starts have there been for the Buffs this year? From your post it sounds like this is the only one.

With all the bitching about this, I must ask would people prefer a start time that's earlier but not as many people would be able to watch? There's 10k at Coors, there's many, many more people who will be watching who aren't there.

Ben Mills fits that role perfectly

Ben would have to do some horrible things to turn the fans against him. The guy has to still be wondering how he could play that little and get that much love from the fans.

A good guess might be Eli. Kid with limited ability getting more time than he would normally and both handling the ball a lot and also defending the guy on the opponent who handles the ball the most so he gets a lot of attention on him while he is in the game. A few key mistakes and he could turn fans against him, especially if it cost us a game or two or appears to cost us games.

Thomas shows flashes.... He will be fine. Lots of healthy competition among peers on this team. They are pushing each other in a good way. Our ceiling is rising on this season which is s far cry from where it seemed only recently.

If Wes continues to gain comfort on the floor, XT continues to be rock like, and Hop keeps up his progression.... Combined with the big three gaining comfort with the current rotation.... All of which are very doable.....

We are going to be a handful in both tourneys.

You know, I thought DT Was going to have an OK night last night - he picked up a bucket pretty early, and usually with the freshmen that's all it takes for them to get a little confidence in the game. Unfortunately the wheels came off soon after that. We had 17 total turnovers, with DT at 5, ski at 6 (??? - I dont seem to remember him having that many) and george king with 3. 3 guys gave us 14/17 of our turnovers.

You know, I thought DT Was going to have an OK night last night - he picked up a bucket pretty early, and usually with the freshmen that's all it takes for them to get a little confidence in the game. Unfortunately the wheels came off soon after that. We had 17 total turnovers, with DT at 5, ski at 6 (??? - I dont seem to remember him having that many) and george king with 3. 3 guys gave us 14/17 of our turnovers.

They trapped/pressured him on the inbounds at the end of the game and forced some turnovers.

Apparently, when you are dribbling along the sideline and get shoved out of bounds, that is a turn over. :sad2:

Anyone know if Pe'Shon :)lol:) Howard played for SC last night, or what the current Pac-12 standing are? I wasn't able to figure either out from watching that broadcast. :dead-horse-fast2:

Regarding DT, it's not just the turnovers but the type of turnovers. It's one thing to make an aggressive drive and be stripped by a good defensive play, with him though most are "unforced," he has trouble just catching an easy pass. I wince even when he has the ball with no one around him.

Anyone know if Pe'Shon :)lol:) Howard played for SC last night, or what the current Pac-12 standing are? I wasn't able to figure either out from watching that broadcast. :dead-horse-fast2:

Regarding DT, it's not just the turnovers but the type of turnovers. It's one thing to make an aggressive drive and be stripped by a good defensive play, with him though most are "unforced," he has trouble just catching an easy pass. I wince even when he has the ball with no one around him.

You weren't able to tell by watching a game if a guy played or not?

Back