What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Nov. 2nd, 7pm P12N - Colorado @ UCLA GAME THREAD

I coached Varsity High School sports and when I took over new teams, I always laid down a 3 year plan. It seems to always take 3 years!
Year one = Set your expectations and Culture
Year two = Create trust and clarity of execution
Year three = Win close games, easier to make adjustments and pull levers

Some coaches must change
Everyone must get on board no matter who they are
Older players must mature and contribute
Younger talent must motivate and compete
Coaches must make right game plans and calls. Year three is the year that must show us what the future is!

This year has turned into an unmitigated disaster since the Arizona loss. This team had the talent to get to .500 and a lower tier bowl this year. The garbage we're watching every Saturday is on the staff-we don't have the talent to run this defense right now, and the only person who doesn't seem to get that is Tucker. Frankly, this staff doesn't put the talent we do have in positions where it can best succeed-Landman and Taylor being the most obvious examples. Our depth on that side is also an issue-which ties into what we're trying to do offensively. We've gotta control the clock and run the ball to avoid getting embarrassed right now. We threw it more than we ran it tonight.

This is not a Year 0 situation like Oregon State had last year or like Georgia Tech has now. This is the kind of year that forces a coach to sacrifice ACs-and I'd start with the four on this staff who followed Tucker from UGA.

I heard the pregame thing from Johnson about Montez's mom coming to watch him play, it was something like that. I was half ass listening to it. Pretty sure Mark said Montez said he was ready to go. I can't quote it because I don't know exactly what was said, I just caught part of it. I don't have any ill will towards him, he just seems like a candy-ass, as far as competing. That shouldn't be happening as a fifth year senior. Hope his mom enjoyed the game, has some good time with her son, and gets home safe. That said, I hope he took his last snap tonight. Yeah, there were some drops in there, fairness to him. How many times have we had guys wide open that he never saw? It's past time to turn the page, they need to though. Jmho, of course.

CU does have tradition but when you've had one winning season in 14 (assuming loss to Utah) that means that potential recruits now only remember one winning season in their lifetimes, one bowl appearance in which CU was blown out, and for the most have known CU to be a perennial doormat. Somehow CU again finds itself at the bottom of the Pac 12 despite a solid start. I hope they figure it out and at least become an above average Pac-12 team because with each year the identity of CU football of lore fades away and their identity continues to solidify as this dumpster fire.

I heard the pregame thing from Johnson about Montez's mom coming to watch him play, it was something like that. I was half ass listening to it. Pretty sure Mark said Montez said he was ready to go. I can't quote it because I don't know exactly what was said, I just caught part of it. I don't have any ill will towards him, he just seems like a candy-ass, as far as competing. That shouldn't be happening as a fifth year senior. Hope his mom enjoyed the game, has some good time with her son, and gets home safe. That said, I hope he took his last snap tonight. Yeah, there were some drops in there, fairness to him. How many times have we had guys wide open that he never saw? It's past time to turn the page, they need to though. Jmho, of course.
Montez will get his TD pass for the all time CU record. Probably against Stanford. Then he should get a long rest to recuperate for the NFL combine...

Damn man. I thought the usual suspects around here were some real assholes. The whiners on here only after losses make we wish we could just go back to talking **** about cargo shorts.

Montez will get his TD pass for the all time CU record. Probably against Stanford. Then he should get a long rest to recuperate for the NFL combine...
Hahahahahaahahahahahaa

Haha
Ha

Montez in the NFL

HAHAHAA

Damn man. I thought the usual suspects around here were some real assholes. The whiners on here only after losses make we wish we could just go back to talking **** about cargo shorts.

Of course there are going to be assholes that are frustrated and pissed at sub-mediocrity, hell I thought that's why AllBuffs was created.

Fashion as well as RV discussions should be banned altogether.

Lotta quit in this team. It’s weird to think that I want to win more than they do. I just see a bunch of guys going through the motions, waiting for the season to end.

I don’t see quit like in years past. I see defeat and lack of trust in being able to sustain success. We have to make a change at QB, it is clear as day that Montez is not consistent and that creates uncertainty with the ball club. Time for some other guys to get some snaps. Montez has shown us who he is and isn’t getting better

Back