What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Number of CU Football Wins in 2018?

Number of CU wins in 2018 season?

• Over 4.5 wins

• Under 4.5 wins

Results are only viewable after voting.
So if Lingren is finally forced out and Chiv gets a larger role in the offense, it's far-fetched to believe that Chiv would want a QB he recruited? Just trying to read the tea leaves. But I see your point, older must equal better.

I made the line 4.5 because...

1. CSU, Oregon State, & New Hampshire will see CU clearly favored.
2. USC, Udub, & Arizona will see CU as clear underdogs.
3. Nebraska, UCLA, ASU, Wazzu, Utah, & Cal will be tossups depending upon the week, injuries, etc.

I think next year’s schedule is tricky. The PAC 12 is getting tougher.

UCLA, Wazzu and Utah tossups? Depending on how the season breaks we're likely to be home dogs in all 3. And maybe NU if Frost is the coach.

UCLA and Wazzu will have new starting QBs. Both graduate talent. Utah at the end of the season will be a tough matchup. If Colorado can make Folsom a fortress next season, we will likely be favored.

UCLA, Wazzu and Utah tossups? Depending on how the season breaks we're likely to be home dogs in all 3. And maybe NU if Frost is the coach.

I must have missed the game where CU could stop anyone on D
Then you clearly missed the game where Nebraska could. Considering they gave up more points, more often, in an arguably less offensively prolific league (Average 32 points scored per game by Pac12; Average 27.4 Points scored per game by Big10.) But yeah, you're right, continue assuming everything the Buffs do is worse than every opponent.

Attachments

• buffs.PNG
    buffs.PNG
    262.8 KB · Views: 5
  • nubs.PNG
    nubs.PNG
    221.6 KB · Views: 5
Lots of new faces on the OL....crappy DL.....no LB's to speak of....Don't see more than 2 P12 wins...2 wins in preseason. 4 wins.

It isn't just coaching changes, it is AC changes that improve the situation. I think it is highly likely MikMac stands pat. If he doesn't, he will wade into the AC bargain basement bin after all the in demand guys have been gobbled up by teams that display a sense of urgency. Leavitt was a fortunate turn of events. He was left behind by Harbaugh; unemployed, with a black mark next to his name after the USF incident, IIRC. CU took a gamble and it paid good dividends. JL moved on.

I see the AC situation as a non-issue. If there were going to be fundamental changes in staff, people would have gotten the axe by now. Couple that with the "wait till Christmas" attitude and I think the thoughts above are confirmed.

Next season? I am with Austin Cameron above. The OL and DL play were sub-par. I don't see a pipeline filled with Lrs. and Sophs. ready to improve OL play. The DL is nothing short of bare in quality and quantity. It is hard to win games when you cannot compete up front.

CSU- W
NU- roadie, and I will never pick against CU in a NU game W
NH- W
ASU-W
OSU-W
Cal-W
SC-L
UCLA-L
WSU-L
UW-L
AZ-L
Yoots-L

6-6, that's how I see it.

You have the 2018 schedule out of order, and I think we could get out to a 5-0 start due to a favorable home schedule, if the offense is clicking and the defense can be average. Special Teams should be pretty special, or at least the absolute best we have had in many decades. After that, pull out a win against OSU, then hopefully win either the WSU or the Utah game and you can be 7-5, and if another win happens at CAL, you pull out an 8 win season. Guaranteed losses are USC, Washington, and the Arizona Wild"Tate"cats

Saturday
Sep. 1
at Colorado State Rams
Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, CO

Saturday
Sep. 8
at Nebraska Cornhuskers
Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE
Saturday
Sep. 15
new-hampshire1.png
New Hampshire Wildcats
Folsom Field, Boulder, CO
Saturday
Sep. 22
OFF
Friday
Sep. 28
UCLA Bruins
Saturday
Oct. 6
Arizona State Sun Devils
Saturday
Oct. 13
at USC Trojans
LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
Saturday
Oct. 20
at Washington Huskies
Husky Stadium, Seattle, WA
Saturday
Oct. 27
Oregon State Beavers (HC)
Friday
Nov. 2
at Arizona Wildcats
Arizona Stadium, Tucson, AZ
Saturday
Nov. 10
Washington State Cougars
Saturday
Nov. 17
Utah Utes
Saturday
Nov. 24
at California Golden Bears
California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA
Friday
Nov. 30
pac-12-logo-70.png
Pac-12 Championship Game
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I'm thinking, maybe hoping, the OL will be better. It will have some youth probably, so be it though. DL, I just don't know? Depends how recruiting finishes up I suppose.

I will take the over but not by much. If changes are made and we have competent offensive play calling I can see six. If BL is there I can see 5 and might even take the under.

I'll have what the above poster is having....

whisky all day!

Seriously though man, do you think it's THAT unreasonable? The 9 is me being the optimistic off-season fan I tend to be. However, the first five games are winnable. At Nebraska is tough, but we know about their struggles. I think we would have won this past year's UCLA game if in Boulder, as I'm sure many would agree with. ASU - CU teams seem to struggle in the heat of Tempe, and even though we had some busted plays, we were right there...again, I say we could easily won. So 5-0, before losing two. Oregon State - win at home. That leaves four more games to get two wins from, and from at Arizona, home with Utah, home with Wazzu, and at Cal, I think it's doable. We had a lot of problems - sure, but I just don't think we were vastly inferior in many of the games we played. The home schedule helps us out a lot next season...at least I predict and dearly hope so.

whisky all day!

Seriously though man, do you think it's THAT unreasonable? The 9 is me being the optimistic off-season fan I tend to be. However, the first five games are winnable. At Nebraska is tough, but we know about their struggles. I think we would have won this past year's UCLA game if in Boulder, as I'm sure many would agree with. ASU - CU teams seem to struggle in the heat of Tempe, and even though we had some busted plays, we were right there...again, I say we could easily won. So 5-0, before losing two. Oregon State - win at home. That leaves four more games to get two wins from, and from at Arizona, home with Utah, home with Wazzu, and at Cal, I think it's doable. We had a lot of problems - sure, but I just don't think we were vastly inferior in many of the games we played. The home schedule helps us out a lot next season...at least I predict and dearly hope so.
Yes I think 8-9 is unreasonable. They have no horses up front. How do you 8-9 with OL and DL sieves?

so I've been really bored at work and on the boards more recently... ...I envy some of your job normal job schedules.

Hey, I can't argue against our line struggles, but how do you explain us having UCLA and ASU games in our grasp this year with such sieves on the lines? Sure, both teams will have new head coaches, one supposedly an elite coach (I DO like Chip, but I just am uncertain he's going to propel UCLA to great success his first year), but I think we get them at home. I did NOT watch the Arizona game, but from what I've read and heard about, it sounds like we could have won. I could totally be wrong, but with improved QB play, I think we can take them. I know the problem was our terrible run defense that game, so I'm not saying for SURE...just possible. Cal, I think we can win. I don't think Utah is that great, even though we looked maybe the worst during that game. You have us going 6-6. I think only two are DEFINITE losses, and of the four remaining, I guess I think they're more toss-ups than you.

Easily "over" in my mind.

And since we're in the offseason, my mind is on 15 until they actually lose a game to force me to revise. :ROFLMAO:

The new strength and conditioning program will finally begin to pay dividends next year. We will be bigger, stronger and faster. We will have our best spring since Mac has been here and the Tuesday before the rammie game will be one of our best practices evar. Just sayin....

If Lytle is as advertised, the junior offensive line class steps up, and we develop an offense that doesn't hang the defense out to dry, I can see 6 wins on that schedule. But that's a lot of ifs.
If Lytle is as advertised, Lindgren will find a way to screw him up

Back