What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Number of CU Football Wins in 2018?

Number of CU wins in 2018 season?

• Over 4.5 wins

• Under 4.5 wins

Results are only viewable after voting.
8 plus or minus 2. I like our young receivers and with Adams and Chev in charge of game plan and play calls, we can win a lot of games with O. If we can solidify our NoseGuard position, I think we win 8.

Given recent hiring trends, if this is still available, I'm game
hahaha well played Zandi. I think I'll take you up on it just hoping that Vegas sees us as same head guy and Nubs with whole new staff.

vs Colorado State WIN
at Nebraska LOSS :^(
vs New Hampshire WIN
vs UCLA LOSS - talent is there, Kelly gets it going in the right direction
vs Arizona State WIN
at USC WIN - this is our Oklahoma in 2007
at Washington LOSS
vs Oregon State WIN
at Arizona LOSS
vs Washington State WIN
vs Utah WIN
at California LOSS - we trade wins every other year
7-5 - mediocre bowl, win buys MacIntyre through 2019

I just think the D-Line will be too big a problem for us; no pass rush leads to mediocre teams becoming unstoppable (ASU 2017 for example). The need for even marginal depth is obvious, we get so worn down by the 3rd quarter the opposing offense could play with 10 guys. Even a couple of decent JUCOS won't solve this problem. Personally I think it will be an issue until 2020, need at least 3 years for the recruits to mature into players.

We don't know what the offense will look like. I have renewed hope with Chiv running it, but it's still a question mark. And, what's with everyone being a co-coordinator for the offense? Either Chiv can handle it or not; Adams earned this with the O-Line play from 2017? Plus I read somewhere that Adams is a big proponent of running the ball, great...who's our RB next year? I'd be hitting the recruiting trail on those 5* and telling them the could legitimately start from day 1 as a true freshman, unless someone knows something about Fontenot and Broussard I don't. I think Montez comes into his own, and I like our WR/TE group even better with Ento, Dixon, Winfree, MacIntyre, Bounds, and Shenault.

vs Colorado State WIN
at Nebraska LOSS :^(
vs New Hampshire WIN
vs UCLA LOSS - talent is there, Kelly gets it going in the right direction
vs Arizona State WIN
at USC WIN - this is our Oklahoma in 2007
at Washington LOSS
vs Oregon State WIN
at Arizona LOSS
vs Washington State WIN
vs Utah WIN
at California LOSS - we trade wins every other year
7-5 - mediocre bowl, win buys MacIntyre through 2019

I just think the D-Line will be too big a problem for us; no pass rush leads to mediocre teams becoming unstoppable (ASU 2017 for example). The need for even marginal depth is obvious, we get so worn down by the 3rd quarter the opposing offense could play with 10 guys. Even a couple of decent JUCOS won't solve this problem. Personally I think it will be an issue until 2020, need at least 3 years for the recruits to mature into players.

We don't know what the offense will look like. I have renewed hope with Chiv running it, but it's still a question mark. And, what's with everyone being a co-coordinator for the offense? Either Chiv can handle it or not; Adams earned this with the O-Line play from 2017? Plus I read somewhere that Adams is a big proponent of running the ball, great...who's our RB next year? I'd be hitting the recruiting trail on those 5* and telling them the could legitimately start from day 1 as a true freshman, unless someone knows something about Fontenot and Broussard I don't. I think Montez comes into his own, and I like our WR/TE group even better with Ento, Dixon, Winfree, MacIntyre, Bounds, and Shenault.

I've got the same thing you do, but I think we beat either UCLA or Cal and lose at Southern Cal. That's my issue with Adams-His unit didn't earn him a promotion this year, and MacIntyre gave him one anyway. We've got major questions at RB and OL.......and he wants to run the ball? Thats......interesting. Look, as much as we want to be run first next year-we don't have the personnel to do it. The more air raid stuff Chev incorporates to this offense going into next year, the better off we're going to be.

I've got the same thing you do, but I think we beat either UCLA or Cal and lose at Southern Cal. That's my issue with Adams-His unit didn't earn him a promotion this year, and MacIntyre gave him one anyway. We've got major questions at RB and OL.......and he wants to run the ball? Thats......interesting. Look, as much as we want to be run first next year-we don't have the personnel to do it. The more air raid stuff Chev incorporates to this offense going into next year, the better off we're going to be.

Cannot believe many of you are predicting a loss in Lincoln? They will be better coached and motivated, but that team is as bad as they have ever been. My only worry is that the environment is way too much for this soft team and they sleepwalk there way to a loss, but I have a feeling we can win that game!

Also, I just posted on another thread that the original HAL MUMME is available right now and wants to be a QB coach and teach the Air Raid system!!! He could be the perfect mentor to Darren and it would be amazing.

http://blazers.belhaven.edu/news/20...y-head-football-coach-resigns.aspx?print=true

Cannot believe many of you are predicting a loss in Lincoln? They will be better coached and motivated, but that team is as bad as they have ever been. My only worry is that the environment is way too much for this soft team and they sleepwalk there way to a loss, but I have a feeling we can win that game!

Also, I just posted on another thread that the original HAL MUMME is available right now and wants to be a QB coach and teach the Air Raid system!!! He could be the perfect mentor to Darren and it would be amazing.

http://blazers.belhaven.edu/news/20...y-head-football-coach-resigns.aspx?print=true
Mummy would be a great mentor, but I really don't want to see us go to the air raid system.

I think Frost has found a way to do more with less. Their roster is not devoid of any talent, regardless of Reilly phoning it in the whole year. The Corn always have decent to good RB's and a decent O-Line; plays right into our weakness of D-Line and LB. Regardless of how crappy the Corn are, their insane fans still sell out that stadium and they will be charged up coming off a HUGE home win against Akron. I'm dreading reading the boards with all the Corn fans peppering us with non-sense about being back, or my mailbox stuffed with literature about how they are the best fans in CFB.

As far as the Buffs, my concern is the RB spot for our offense; we could have another Rodney Stewart in Smith, Fontenot or Broussard, but I'm very, very worried. No one else really got touches but Bisharat. If I was running around screaming about shoring up the Long Snapper spot that would be a little crazy, but with how porous our O-Line was, coupled with the RB depth, that leaves a gaping hole in 50% of our playbook. I'm also going to take the coward's way out and reserve final judgement for our chances based off the CSU game in 2018. I knew we were screwed after that game this year, I think we will have a much better feeling for this offense after seeing the numbers in the RMS.

This isn't the Hawkins years where we didn't stand a chance before we got off the bus, we have the talent to do it, but I'm worried about MacIntyre being on autopilot again and more bad coaching all around. Not seeing the moves I would like in the off season (so far) that lead me to think we will see much different on the field next year. :^(

No freaking way CU wins less than 5 games next season with that schedule.
You don't see 5 wins in here?
vs Colorado State
at Nebraska
vs New Hampshire
vs UCLA
vs Arizona State
at USC
at Washington
vs Oregon State
at Arizona
vs Washington State
vs Utah
at California
I see two "definite" wins in CSU and New Hampshire. 2017 was CSU's year to beat us, the next 3 are ours. Oregon State was so terrible, they saw how bad our offense was, and thought it would be an improvement over theirs, SNATCHING LINDGREN RIGHT OUT FROM UNDER US!!

I think Washington is the only definite loss. USC should still beat us, but they will lose enough to the NFL we should at least be able to hang with them (maybe steal that game for a road win). Arizona will beat us because we still have not figured out that Tate is going to run the ball, even 10 months out. Everyone else loses enough between coaches and players we should be able to steal some games.

6-7. Season ticket sales struggle. MacIntyre stays through the first half of 2019 before being fired.

6-7. Season ticket sales struggle. MacIntyre stays through the first half of 2019 before being fired.
6-7 is a fine estimate based off last season. Ticket sales will probably be no worse than last year, especially if we start out 3-0 again. And no he won't be fired in first half unless you have the $15 million plus to pay him out. Be realistic, not ignorant.

You don't see 5 wins in here?
vs Colorado State
at Nebraska
vs New Hampshire
vs UCLA
vs Arizona State
at USC
at Washington
vs Oregon State
at Arizona
vs Washington State
vs Utah
at California
I see two "definite" wins in CSU and New Hampshire. 2017 was CSU's year to beat us, the next 3 are ours. Oregon State was so terrible, they saw how bad our offense was, and thought it would be an improvement over theirs, SNATCHING LINDGREN RIGHT OUT FROM UNDER US!!

I think Washington is the only definite loss. USC should still beat us, but they will lose enough to the NFL we should at least be able to hang with them (maybe steal that game for a road win). Arizona will beat us because we still have not figured out that Tate is going to run the ball, even 10 months out. Everyone else loses enough between coaches and players we should be able to steal some games.

6-6. I think MM does just enough to earn 2019. He will get axed if we miss the postseason though-his contract doesn't have a Sumlin-esque clause where he needs to be paid out in 60 days or whatever.

7-8 wins, regardless a bowl game is the goal with another top 40 class. I think people are underestimating MM. We graduated 8(?) defensive starters and our record setting qb, why would this team have not taken a step back? Not to mention, 4 of those defensive players were drafted and a few more were signed undrafted. The fact people are calling for MM's head is enough for me to say that a lot of people have lost sight of reality. Colorado was a powerhouse over a DECADE ago, most college kids today do not even think of CU when it comes to sports. The fact that we are gaining a foothold in the JUCO recruiting community is huge. MM has proven he can develop NFL DBs, so why would we trade him? We aren't going to attract a NFL caliber coach yet, so why not hang on and at least build some consistency as a defensive school that can put players into the NFL. Chev has absolutely killed the recruiting game and could spark our offense, who knows. Either way, the fact some people are predicting 2 wins and even calling for MM's head is just not intelligent. Personally, I am thrilled to have MM and I believe that with time, he will put us in a position to either be a top 25 team constantly or acquire a coach who can by making CU more prestigious.

You have the 2018 schedule out of order, and I think we could get out to a 5-0 start due to a favorable home schedule, if the offense is clicking and the defense can be average. Special Teams should be pretty special, or at least the absolute best we have had in many decades. After that, pull out a win against OSU, then hopefully win either the WSU or the Utah game and you can be 7-5, and if another win happens at CAL, you pull out an 8 win season. Guaranteed losses are USC, Washington, and the Arizona Wild"Tate"cats

Saturday
Sep. 1
at Colorado State Rams
Sports Authority Field at Mile High, Denver, CO
Saturday
Sep. 8
at Nebraska Cornhuskers
Memorial Stadium, Lincoln, NE
Saturday
Sep. 15
new-hampshire1.png
New Hampshire Wildcats
Folsom Field, Boulder, CO
Saturday
Sep. 22
OFF
Friday
Sep. 28
UCLA Bruins
Saturday
Oct. 6
Arizona State Sun Devils
Saturday
Oct. 13
at USC Trojans
LA Memorial Coliseum, Los Angeles, CA
Saturday
Oct. 20
at Washington Huskies
Husky Stadium, Seattle, WA
Saturday
Oct. 27
Oregon State Beavers (HC)
Friday
Nov. 2
at Arizona Wildcats
Arizona Stadium, Tucson, AZ
Saturday
Nov. 10
Washington State Cougars
Saturday
Nov. 17
Utah Utes
Saturday
Nov. 24
at California Golden Bears
California Memorial Stadium, Berkeley, CA
Friday
Nov. 30
pac-12-logo-70.png
Pac-12 Championship Game
Levi's Stadium, Santa Clara, CA
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Have I mentioned how pissed off I am that the P12 ****ed up CU is at home every other Thanksgiving weekend?

Still think 7-5 next year.

7-8 wins, regardless a bowl game is the goal with another top 40 class. I think people are underestimating MM. We graduated 8(?) defensive starters and our record setting qb, why would this team have not taken a step back? Not to mention, 4 of those defensive players were drafted and a few more were signed undrafted. The fact people are calling for MM's head is enough for me to say that a lot of people have lost sight of reality. Colorado was a powerhouse over a DECADE ago, most college kids today do not even think of CU when it comes to sports. The fact that we are gaining a foothold in the JUCO recruiting community is huge. MM has proven he can develop NFL DBs, so why would we trade him? We aren't going to attract a NFL caliber coach yet, so why not hang on and at least build some consistency as a defensive school that can put players into the NFL. Chev has absolutely killed the recruiting game and could spark our offense, who knows. Either way, the fact some people are predicting 2 wins and even calling for MM's head is just not intelligent. Personally, I am thrilled to have MM and I believe that with time, he will put us in a position to either be a top 25 team constantly or acquire a coach who can by making CU more prestigious.

Not intelligent? Lost sight of reality? Are you for real? Let me make several points in response to this, starting with this past year-

1. This OOC featured two cupcakes and CSU. MM is 5-1 against the sheep in the six years he's been here.
2. This offense, despite having a group of receivers who Phil Steele called the second best in the country in his preseason magazine, finished 11th in the Pac 12 in scoring.
3. MM is the first coach to win NCOY one year and miss the postseason altogether in what........20 years?
4. Very few people were expecting another 10 win year. Go back and look at the threads from August. 6-7 wins and a lower tier bowl bid would have been fine in the minds of a lot of people.

Here's where we sit-regardless of where this class finishes (I've had this take for several months). This year cost this regime whatever goodwill they earned from the 10 win season last year. MacIntyre was on the hot seat coming into 2016, and he's back there now. He's got to at minimum make a bowl game in 2018 to save his job.

Here's where we sit-regardless of where this class finishes (I've had this take for several months). This year cost this regime whatever goodwill they earned from the 10 win season last year. MacIntyre was on the hot seat coming into 2016, and he's back there now. He's got to at minimum make a bowl game in 2018 to save his job.

I'm curious, do you think this view is representative of RG, the athletic dept., and a majority of the Buff fanbase? Or is this just your personal take on things because the "goodwill" was used up by a frustrating season?

I'm curious, do you think this view is representative of RG, the athletic dept., and a majority of the Buff fanbase? Or is this just your personal take on things because the "goodwill" was used up by a frustrating season?
Its my personal take as well, but I also think it would absolutely be a view shared by RG, the AD and 99% of the Buff fanbase if they go a second straight season without a bowl game. That would be 5 losing seasons in 6 years under Mac, and 2 out of 3 after the 3 year “grace period” he got for inheriting the dumpster fire.

I agree with parts of this and find other parts contradictory. It is all well and good MM can develop DBs, but how is that supposed to be his saving grace if the rest of the defense is bad?

I am all for seeing how 2018 plays out, but exactly how much time is needed to actually render some judgements on MM? He is entering his 6th year at Colorado, the "he just needs more time" mantra only works for so long.

Not intelligent? Lost sight of reality? Are you for real? Let me make several points in response to this, starting with this past year-

1. This OOC featured two cupcakes and CSU. MM is 5-1 against the sheep in the six years he's been here.
2. This offense, despite having a group of receivers who Phil Steele called the second best in the country in his preseason magazine, finished 11th in the Pac 12 in scoring.
3. MM is the first coach to win NCOY one year and miss the postseason altogether in what........20 years?
4. Very few people were expecting another 10 win year. Go back and look at the threads from August. 6-7 wins and a lower tier bowl bid would have been fine in the minds of a lot of people.

1. MM wins easy games as he should.

2. How many critical drops did that receiver group make? Perhaps they believed the hype and it affected them. No excuse for faltering, but MM isn't an offensive guy. He changed coordinators and it appears has adjusted schemes. The WR recruits we have now are far and beyond what we had in the past.

3. How many of those teams lost 8 seniors, a starting QB and their Defensive Coordinator? What was their record the previous two years? Did they win 4 games combined? Also, this is the type of standard you can hold a top P5 team to, CU isn't and hasn't been for over a decade.

4. Yes, the team under-performed and perhaps was under-coached. However, do you really think you can go get someone better than MM? Clearly his development works, look at the drafted NFL players this season.

To sum it up, i think MM is just fine and isn't on the hot seat. If we underperform this year, then yea I would really like to see him on the hot seat. One year removed from NCOY and you think he should be on the hot seat? MM now has all the tools to win, he can give longer extension, he has the champion center and he is building this program. If we fired him, I would be disappointed to say the least. He fixed up a train wreck.

I agree with parts of this and find other parts contradictory. It is all well and good MM can develop DBs, but how is that supposed to be his saving grace if the rest of the defense is bad?

I am all for seeing how 2018 plays out, but exactly how much time is needed to actually render some judgements on MM? He is entering his 6th year at Colorado, the "he just needs more time" mantra only works for so long.

Slight redundancy from the last post, but I think we should value a coach who can get players to the NFL while fixing the mess that accumulated over the previous decade. I value consistency and letting MM have 2 more years isn't a nightmare considering we have seen what he's capable of, (especially considering what the buy out would do to our ability to sign a new coach). Basically, I see a new coach as a lateral or backwards move next year unless there is some amazing prodigal coach I haven't heard of.

Slight redundancy from the last post, but I think we should value a coach who can get players to the NFL while fixing the mess that accumulated over the previous decade. I value consistency and letting MM have 2 more years isn't a nightmare considering we have seen what he's capable of, (especially considering what the buy out would do to our ability to sign a new coach). Basically, I see a new coach as a lateral or backwards move next year unless there is some amazing prodigal coach I haven't heard of.

But again, who cares if he is sending players to the NFL if we are losing a lot of games or barely treading water? It just seems to be cherry picking weird standards when we can really just judge on objective standards right now.

Back