What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Number of CU Football Wins in 2018?

Number of CU wins in 2018 season?

• Over 4.5 wins

• Under 4.5 wins

Results are only viewable after voting.
I’m an eternal optimist, I find solace in “we can always turn it around and have an amazing season”. Who knows what the future will bring?

At the end of the day....hell, it’s a game.

I'll go over. Buffs get back to bowling.

W: CSU, @NU, NH
2 or 3 wins between: ASU, OSU, @AZ, @Cal

By several accounts, the Buffs should be improved. But how many of the teams on their 2018 schedule will also be improved. I do see them making it to a decent bowl game.

I hope more than anything im wrong about this but i voted for under because we saw how piss poor we are in the trenches this season. And we are most certainly not upgrading on either the o or d lines. I think we are going to put up a rough season, because we arent strong where we need to be the strongest. I so so so hope im wrong but unless some transfers/guys develop i dont know.. not liking it. I mean just honestly think to yourself.. whats our o line going to be next season without our 2 best linemen and it still looked terrible this year. #gobuffs haha

Have you read anything to suggest otherwise?
It's been 5 days since our last game and the early signing period is fast approaching. Mac doesn't move fast on coaching changes, I don't know why you'd assume because no one has been fired from the staff yet that it won't happen. Mac said as much in his presser that he'd be evaluating everything over the Christmas break.

With or without staff changes, I think they can win 6-7 games, assuming we see improvement from Montez and the OL. This also assumes that the defense is somewhat improved by default, in year 2 under Eliot.

That’s fair. I have to heed my own advice and realize that we’re not like other programs who are more decisive.

It's been 5 days since our last game and the early signing period is fast approaching. Mac doesn't move fast on coaching changes, I don't know why you'd assume because no one has been fired from the staff yet that it won't happen. Mac said as much in his presser that he'd be evaluating everything over the Christmas break.

It isn't just coaching changes, it is AC changes that improve the situation. I think it is highly likely MikMac stands pat. If he doesn't, he will wade into the AC bargain basement bin after all the in demand guys have been gobbled up by teams that display a sense of urgency. Leavitt was a fortunate turn of events. He was left behind by Harbaugh; unemployed, with a black mark next to his name after the USF incident, IIRC. CU took a gamble and it paid good dividends. JL moved on.

I see the AC situation as a non-issue. If there were going to be fundamental changes in staff, people would have gotten the axe by now. Couple that with the "wait till Christmas" attitude and I think the thoughts above are confirmed.

Next season? I am with Austin Cameron above. The OL and DL play were sub-par. I don't see a pipeline filled with Lrs. and Sophs. ready to improve OL play. The DL is nothing short of bare in quality and quantity. It is hard to win games when you cannot compete up front.

CSU- W
NU- roadie, and I will never pick against CU in a NU game W
NH- W
ASU-W
OSU-W
Cal-W
SC-L
UCLA-L
WSU-L
UW-L
AZ-L
Yoots-L

6-6, that's how I see it.

Went with the under. Win's vs CSU, NH & OSU at home. They will be underdogs in every road game
You think the 4-8 Nubs who got throttled 4 times this year and also lost to NIU will be favored? lol maybe they will be but I find that hard to believe when we bring back a lot of guys and they are going to have a new staff.

Last edited:
You think the 4-7 Nubs who got throttled 4 times this year and also lost to NIU will be favored? lol maybe they will be but I find that hard to believe when we bring back a lot of guys and they are going to have a new staff.
Let's not get crazy here - you are giving them to much credit. It should read the 4-8 Nubs...

On where we are today, I went with the under. MM is slow to make coaching changes, the longer he waits the fewer quality options there will be available. There is no evidence that our offensive performance will be better next year, then it was this year. Our OL has major issues, our QB has a lot to learn, and our best/most consistent offensive weapon in PL is gone. I do expect out D to be better next year, however I don't see the ability to improve our DL with what we have now.
Maybe after spring ball we could revisit this again, maybe changes in staff or adding a couple JC players in key positions could change things.
Just not seeing it today.

If Lytle is as advertised, the junior offensive line class steps up, and we develop an offense that doesn't hang the defense out to dry, I can see 6 wins on that schedule. But that's a lot of ifs.

If Lytle is as advertised, the junior offensive line class steps up, and we develop an offense that doesn't hang the defense out to dry, I can see 6 wins on that schedule. But that's a lot of ifs.
does anyone see Lytle unseating Montez in reality?

You think the 4-7 Nubs who got throttled 4 times this year and also lost to NIU will be favored? lol maybe they will be but I find that hard to believe when we bring back a lot of guys and they are going to have a new staff.
I'd bet serious money that they will be favored.

6-6. Even years are more favorable for us schedule-wise.........We'll get to a bowl next year. The question is does he do enough to get 2019?

I made the line 4.5 because...

1. CSU, Oregon State, & New Hampshire will see CU clearly favored.
2. USC, Udub, & Arizona will see CU as clear underdogs.
3. Nebraska, UCLA, ASU, Wazzu, Utah, & Cal will be tossups depending upon the week, injuries, etc.

I think next year’s schedule is tricky. The PAC 12 is getting tougher.

Back