What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2013 Oregon @ Colorado "Game" Thread

I know where you got the idea and the rationale there made little sense either.

I know where you got the idea and the rationale there made little sense either.
I just don't see the aggressiveness in Crawley on defense (and he also gives up on plays too easily). Hope he gets more aggressive and better fast...

I am not really that upset. I expected OU to lay the wood. The D played well until the dam broke. I liked the game plan. CU went after them and continued to go downfield. Although team lost their way towards the end of the second, they still looked like they were giving effort. Baby steps. This team is so far behind the rest of the pack talent wise in the P12, it is going to be a while before you see the progress we would all like to see.

I just don't see the aggressiveness in Crawley on defense (and he also gives up on plays too easily). Hope he gets more aggressive and better fast...

There was one play at OSU where he was behind the receiver and then stutter stepped or slowed down. Kind of like he thought the play was going the other way. Made no sense what-so-ever.

Bell seemed to have a rough day against the Ducks. I'm sure it was not always his fault but he just seemed to be behind the play a lot.

The first quarter was pretty incredible. I think we sucker punched the ducks a little bit. Like the aggressive play calling, and the great game planning, but we couldn't maintain it once the ducks adjusted and got their athletes running. Didn't expect to win, didn't expect to keep it close, but the game did feel closer than the final score indicated. To me anyway. I think we will be alright, MM just needs some time.

Also fun stats, we were only the 2nd team to be leading against oregon this season. Tennessee scored first and led for 10minutes. We took the lead twice. We also forced the most turnovers of the season at 3. Should have been 4 if Webb could catch.

All in all I felt like we were in the game until the 2nd half. Which is more than I expected. The team showed a lot of heart and I can't wait till we take on some of the middle Pac-12 teams. I think we could surprise some people.

The first quarter was pretty incredible. I think we sucker punched the ducks a little bit. Like the aggressive play calling, and the great game planning, but we couldn't maintain it once the ducks adjusted and got their athletes running. Didn't expect to win, didn't expect to keep it close, but the game did feel closer than the final score indicated. To me anyway. I think we will be alright, MM just needs some time.

Also fun stats, we were only the 2nd team to be leading against oregon this season. Tennessee scored first and led for 10minutes. We took the lead twice. We also forced the most turnovers of the season at 3. Should have been 4 if Webb could catch.

All in all I felt like we were in the game until the 2nd half. Which is more than I expected. The team showed a lot of heart and I can't wait till we take on some of the middle Pac-12 teams. I think we could surprise some people.
IF.....Webb makes the INT, Wood doesn't make two horrible decisions leading to INT's and a short field for Oregon and we score TD's instead of settling for FG's twice, the score at half time would've been respectable.

Speaking of the 2 FG's, I don't recall well. We were in the RZ with first downs both times. Did we even attempt a pass either time or did we run it three times each possession? I thought the play calling there was, well, "conservative."

As these games continue to get out of hand, do we see Sefo this year? I know that MM has said he will do all he can to not burn the RS but that if Connor has to sit, then Sefo is the guy, but is that really the case? With Webb returning, does that give MM some room to maneuver if the Connor's helmet comes off or something? I think next year is all about Sefo. I don't see Connor holding on to the starting position in this type of offense with Sefo's athletic ability. Could be wrong though.

As these games continue to get out of hand, do we see Sefo this year? I know that MM has said he will do all he can to not burn the RS but that if Connor has to sit, then Sefo is the guy, but is that really the case? With Webb returning, does that give MM some room to maneuver if the Connor's helmet comes off or something? I think next year is all about Sefo. I don't see Connor holding on to the starting position in this type of offense with Sefo's athletic ability. Could be wrong though.
Boy, at this point I'd do everything possible to preserve his RS. Wouldn't you?

I think you keep the 'shirt on Sefo if at all possible. I would burn it only in the most extreme of situations. If Connor's helmet comes off and he needs to come out for a play, or if he gets dinged and needs to come out for a couple of plays, then you send in anyone else to handoff a time or two and send Connor back in when he's ready. If it is a severe injury situation, where Connor may be out the rest of the game or longer, then, and only then, would I consider putting Sefo out there. As many have said, he will be more valuable to us as a fifth year senior than as a fill-in in a throw-away season.

I think you keep the 'shirt on Sefo if at all possible. I would burn it only in the most extreme of situations. If Connor's helmet comes off and he needs to come out for a play, or if he gets dinged and needs to come out for a couple of plays, then you send in anyone else to handoff a time or two and send Connor back in when he's ready. If it is a severe injury situation, where Connor may be out the rest of the game or longer, then, and only then, would I consider putting Sefo out there. As many have said, he will be more valuable to us as a fifth year senior than as a fill-in in a throw-away season.

Oh I am in this camp too believe me. I am just wondering who they put in instead. Webb isn't ready yet. And idk where Dorman stands. I think if we have to pull his redshirt this season, then that will be it for Connor. I don't see HCMM pulling a Hawkins.

RS Sefo, unless Wood has a limb severed or something. You can always put in Dorman for a play, even a series if necessary. Webb should be ready soon. Hopefully, Wood stays healthy. Wood is a better QB than by Webb, and a better talent than just about anybody we've seen under center since 2005. I would put him neck and neck with TH, who really was a pretty decent QB. Too bad he got screwed over during the daddy and son phase of CU FB.

Back