What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

***Official 2014 Colorado vs CSU Basketball Game Thread***

We were down 10 to San Fran. The second half was excellent, but if we come out with a **** half like we did against USF, CSU will not fold so easily. Buffs are going to have to bring it. It would be an exception to the rule if CSU just rolled over. Not impossible, but counting on that is dangerous.

Explain our home record then, Mr. Hopkins isn't athletic

I thought I did. History doesn't win ballgames. I think you were also saying during football that the percentages of us going winless in conference were so low, that it wouldn't happen. Eyeballs told me we'd go winless. If we put 5 walk-ons on the floor, do we win? Home court can be the deciding factor between 2 fairly evenly matched teams. In the past 5 years, we've had the talent and players have been performing at a level where home court gave us a decided edge. And I'd say right now, we're fairly even and maybe little ahead of CSU, talent-wise. But they're playing way better basketball. We straight suck on offense.

So thinking just because we're at home that we'll walk over CSU is absurd.

(And I never said Hopkins wasn't athletic ... I said something along the lines that he wasn't any more athletic than dozens of other players in the Pac-12 and that his supposed superior athleticism doesn't seem to be doing **** for him.)

I don't know that anyone's ever proven the reason(s) why teams play better at home, but it's a fact, and CU is as strong as anyone at home. Exceptions happen, but there's reason for confidence in the upcoming game, as a fan. For players, overconfidence is never ok - if they aren't a little worried and take any home game for granted, that's a potential loss. But the Buffs are as talented as CSU (and probably more so), and home pushes them to a strong advantage. If I bet on games, this is an easy one - take the Buffs and points. The season is young, we're not quite sure what sort of team we have, but history indicates a 15-20 point win.

Today, Tad said the best team we've played in his opinion was San Fran.

San Fran may well be a top 100 win for us. They are going to be up there in the WCC. That said, both UGA and Wyo are better in my eyes..and not just because of the results.

First, you said you did not think Hopkins is athletic. You asserted thst I am overstating the home court advantage, well we are 35-1 (I reserve the right to be wrong because I looked at it real quick) under Tad at home out of conference. That's a significant pattern and there is nothing to suggest that we should not be confident. Just because this team has struggled on the road doesn't mean much at home where we have scored a lot. No we have not put together a full game in terms of effort, but that doesn't change me being confident about a game at home against a mediocre team.

I'm not really sure how you can claim they are playing better basketball when they have played a worse schedule than we have and have yet to play a true road game.

Because 8-0 is still 8-0 and they haven't scored 33 in a game.

Having such a great home record has to do with CU having been pretty good. Are we "pretty good" right now? I'm not so sure.

Yeah, we should win. But CU has done zilch to inspire confidence in fans or deserve respect at this point. It's time for that to change, but most fans are in "show me" mode.

I have supreme confidence in CU playing non-conference games at home, no matter who the opponent is.

That said, I'm kind of surprised that the Buffs are favored tonight. CSU has been the much better team so far this season.

I have supreme confidence in CU playing non-conference games at home, no matter who the opponent is.

That said, I'm kind of surprised that the Buffs are favored tonight. CSU has been the much better team so far this season.

i thought the game was tomorrow?

Because 8-0 is still 8-0 and they haven't scored 33 in a game.

Having such a great home record has to do with CU having been pretty good. Are we "pretty good" right now? I'm not so sure.

Yeah, we should win. But CU has done zilch to inspire confidence in fans or deserve respect at this point. It's time for that to change, but most fans are in "show me" mode.
8-0 is 8-0, but nothing in that record suggests that they can win on the road. I think we are a pretty good team at home. Bad road team, but pretty good at home.

I thought I did. History doesn't win ballgames. I think you were also saying during football that the percentages of us going winless in conference were so low, that it wouldn't happen. Eyeballs told me we'd go winless. If we put 5 walk-ons on the floor, do we win? Home court can be the deciding factor between 2 fairly evenly matched teams. In the past 5 years, we've had the talent and players have been performing at a level where home court gave us a decided edge. And I'd say right now, we're fairly even and maybe little ahead of CSU, talent-wise. But they're playing way better basketball. We straight suck on offense.

So thinking just because we're at home that we'll walk over CSU is absurd.

(And I never said Hopkins wasn't athletic ... I said something along the lines that he wasn't any more athletic than dozens of other players in the Pac-12 and that his supposed superior athleticism doesn't seem to be doing **** for him.)

I really think you're underplaying the advantage home court can have. History doesn't win ball games, but history shows trends and the trend is that the home team, especially in a rowdy environment, has a sizable advantage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I expect a close game. Hopefully, CU can pull it out.

Maybe hyperbole, but I see it as a must win game if CU is to have serious tournament aspirations.

a lot of people are calling this a must win, and Im starting to agree. Our non-con doesnt have much for-sure meat on it (but could, pending the right results in hawaii) and the "tests" we've had so far, we have failed - one in spectacular fashion. The PAC isnt going to be up this year like it was last year - it's going to be more like the year we won the title (2012?). This will probably turn out to be a 5 bid league (at the most) and we need to make sure we are on the right side of the cut line. At this point, assuming a road record near .500 in conference play is probably a mistake, and I expect to drop at least 1 conf game at home. There are not a lot of quality wins left to be had before we get to conf play, (and will be even less if stanford, ASU and others at the bottom of the heap drop games to ****ty teams). CSU will be a quality win at the end of the year. We simply need to go grab it.

Ski is an athlete. I see no explosiveness from Talton or Hopkins.

The explosiveness thing was a knee jerk comment I made in the first half, and then Quatrro took issue with it. But I stand by it. Not seeing that first step. Finishing is a skill that takes time. But the first step ... You have it or you don't, for the most part.

I thought this board was where we discuss perceived strengths and weaknesses of our team. Not a cheerleading forum. But, you know, I'm clearly way out of sync with this group, so I'll make this my last post.

I love Tad, and hope all these young kids turn into the players he saw when he recruited them. I'm optimistic, and so glad we're relevant in the conference and the country. Go Buffs!
the ****?

We'll find out a lot about this team tonight. I sense some chemistry issues. If we get down early, we could get blown out of the building and the team could start to fall apart. I agree with Snow - would not be surprised by a 20 point win or loss.

Should be a good game. The teams are probably both at a similar talent level. CU has the advantage being at home. I would watch the inside matchups.

Back