What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2014 Hawaii @ Colorado football game thread

I'm saying we've been saying we are a young team every year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
But aren't we? It isn't Mac's fault. 43 freshmen and 28 sophomores. What's he supposed to do? This is just the way it is when you change coach after coach. I believe it will stabilize now.

Hawaii's defense wasn't scared of our offense at all in the second half. They were coming straight up the field every snap and we couldn't make them pay for it.

Luckily Valor Christian has three QBs better than Hawaii's.
Think we can get one?

But aren't we? It isn't Mac's fault. 43 freshmen and 28 sophomores. What's he supposed to do? This is just the way it is when you change coach after coach. I believe it will stabilize now.

You're probably right DBT. I'm just so sick of being patient. Last week I was really impressed with the way we played for 3 quarters and today the offense just looked so ugly in the second half. A lot of that is probably youth and inexperience. I'd just like to see us put 4 quarters together for a change.

I am pleased with the win. Our OL didn't play well, but that DL for HI is pretty good...maybe one the bigger lines we'll see all year.

This is bs, man. It isn't just youth-- it is talent. We don't have enough. Young teams are winning throughout the nation.

I'll take the win. We will need much better effort to get a couple more wins this year.

This is bs, man. It isn't just youth-- it is talent. We don't have enough. Young teams are winning throughout the nation.

I'll take the win. We will need much better effort to get a couple more wins this year.
Which young teams? Out of those, which are rebuilding programs? Oklahoma State is not rebuilding. And Hawaii does not have more talent, just an absurd statement.

Which young teams? Out of those, which are rebuilding programs? Oklahoma State is not rebuilding. And Hawaii does not have more talent, just an absurd statement.

Without meaning to, you just reinforced Liver's point. It's easier for young teams with TALENT to win so they aren't perpetually in rebuilding mode. Young teams lacking talent don't do so great I would suspect.

Your reading comprehension is pathetic. If you were any dumber, you'd be a goldfish.

Rebuilding for like 8 years isn't rebuilding you dumb son of a bitch, it is sucking.

We could still win a couple more but you can also expect a whole lot of serious ass whipping coming this year. If you weren't a mouth breathing idot you could see the truth.

We will see this year. Judging on anything other than wins and losses is for failures like you. They need to win some games. I'm pleased with the uh win and I'm not as upset as some about the quality of play. We are what we are. Expecting some big seminal moment where suddenly the team morphs into a legit p5 team is amongst your dumber flaws.

Your reading comprehension is pathetic. If you were any dumber, you'd be a goldfish.

Rebuilding for like 8 years isn't rebuilding you dumb son of a bitch, it is sucking.

We could still win a couple more but you can also expect a whole lot of serious ass whipping coming this year. If you weren't a mouth breathing idot you could see the truth.

We will see this year. Judging on anything other than wins and losses is for failures like you. They need to win some games. I'm pleased with the uh win and I'm not as upset as some about the quality of play. We are what we are. Expecting some big seminal moment where suddenly the team morphs into a legit p5 team is amongst your dumber flaws.
:lol: we are rebuilding, trying to argue differently is ****ing dumb. We are a very young team who has some young talent. Just look at the core of our defense.

Put the bottle down. You're upset.

Last edited:
:lol: we are rebuilding, trying to argue differently is ****ing dumb

Put the bottle down. You're upset.

Every year: we are young, we are rebuilding, if only we didn't have [insert key injury or suspension here], why do the refs hate us, just wait until [insert promising looking player here], this team is starting to gel, if only we replaced some assistants, next year we will turn the corner and make a bowl, it is going to take time, etc.

Let me explain something to you in small words: this is the longest period of epic suck in the history of Colorado football. That's not rebuilding.

There are some glimpses, some flashes, that I see that sometimes give me a bit of hope, but this is about winning games. And that isn't happening. It isn't happening at historically unprecedented levels.

I'll take the win today but let's not pop the champagne over beating ****ing Hawaii in boulder.

Thanks for the history lesson, I was unaware. I'm also unaware that I was popping a bottle over the win.

Tini, love your enthusiasm for the buffs, but you aren't helping here.

Tini, love your enthusiasm for the buffs, but you aren't helping here.
By pointing out that his argument is extremely narrow sighted? Anyway, don't really care. We are young. And we haven't recruited well. Experience can help a whole lot in college sports.

By pointing out that his argument is extremely narrow sighted? Anyway, don't really care. We are young. And we haven't recruited well. Experience can help a whole lot in college sports.
We are young, very young. At some point it has to stop being an excuse. Big win today, but we can't keep coming back to this.

We are young, very young. At some point it has to stop being an excuse. Big win today, but we can't keep coming back to this.
It's not an excuse, it's just how it is. If Hawkins and Embree would have managed the roster better we wouldn't be in this position every year, but they didn't and we are.

Sefo was the problem today. He missed a lot of easy passes and caused drives to die. I was not impressed with him and haven't been this year. He's started for a year now. Time to take the next step. He can do that by beating Cal.

too many friggin penalties... that keep at least 3 UH drives alive after what would've been 3 and outs..

We aren't going to magically turn a corner and be good, not going to happen.

We are going to get steadily better. Based on what I have seen with the changes M2 is making and the improved quality of our play this is something I do believe to be the case.

Yes we are young and our players should, and give indications of, getting better as they mature. Still not going to be as good as some other teams young talent but better than we have been. The key is to build on that improvement and continue to improve.

There are some young teams out there that are much better than we are, these are mostly teams that recruited off of successful seasons. You can talk about Oklahoma State being young, they have also recruited off top 25 finishes recently. We have been bottom 10.

I know that the argument for patience sucks, we have been patient for a long time without tangible results but finally we are seeing something that looks reasonable. Not the time to panic and turn us back to minus again.

All that said scoreboard does matter. The CSU loss was a huge step back. Somehow M2 and staff have to figure out a way to get us at least one and better more PAC wins.

Whoa Nellie! Pull back on the reigns, cowboy. I venture to say 'Tini is smarter than a goldfish. Even a fifth grader.

It's not an excuse, it's just how it is. If Hawkins and Embree would have managed the roster better we wouldn't be in this position every year, but they didn't and we are.
^^This^^ They left Mac with very little. It would be easy to pick things apart about this game, but hell, we won! Go Buffs!!!!

:stupid: it's incumbent on Mac to get the guys he has to improve to the max of their ability and steadily improve the talent level. There isn't a magic potion. At least he has the AD and admin support that hasn't been there in 10 years or more.

Late in the 3rd quarter, I was thinking to myself "Water Bottle and/or the Bird would have found a way to lose this game the way it is going right now, let's see what happens". I will take the W. It wasn't pretty, but it was a stout performance by the D and it was a win.

Late in the 3rd quarter, I was thinking to myself "Water Bottle and/or the Bird would have found a way to lose this game the way it is going right now, let's see what happens". I will take the W. It wasn't pretty, but it was a stout performance by the D and it was a win.

Both things that have been lacking around these parts for a very long time it seems.

Back