What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2015 Colorado @ Washington State game thread

I can't figure this team out. We play some teams close and we are looking like we are close to turning the corner. Then we do this tonight. RG has a decision to make.

Hard to give a **** as a fan when we can't beat a respectable team ever; have to stay up til midnight to support the team; and we have no real rivalry games.

The we can't fire Mac because it would hurt recruiting or he needs a fair chance to get his team in here doesn't hold water anymore. I got pissed watching him throw his hands up after Koughs false start penalty. You're the coach, Mike. It's your job to go recruit a kicker whose field goals don't go as far right as my drives do. It's your job to correct bad o line play. Its your job to ensure that the kids know that deep shots are likely after turnovers. If this crap is still happening 12 games into your 3rd year against a mediocre opponent like Wazzu, youre not the guy here. The only reason I'd think about giving him next year is the overwhelming amount of job openings right now.

I can't figure this team out. We play some teams close and we are looking like we are close to turning the corner. Then we do this tonight. RG has a decision to make.
Are we playing teams close, or are they snoozing through the first 3 quarters because we are a horrible football team?

I think it is time Bernardi and Jeffcoat retire. The biggest problem this team has is in the trenches. Our OL and DL cannot consistently generate any push. OL gets dominated in short yardage and the DL can't get a pass rush against any competent OL. Also special teams haven't been so special, although Kinney has been pretty consistent except for the Hawaii game. If your kicker has been pulling everything from the left hash wide right, you have to correct his approach, this **** ain't rocket science or brain surgery.

I've been a supporter of hcmm. Real disappointed that he pulled a Harbaugh and blamed the kicker after half. Yeah, obviously a 14-6 game is better than 14-0. Buts it's not that much better. There were a number of mistakes and reasons we were losing. Trotting out our inconsistent kicker and blaming him for being down an additional 6pts was weak.

Awkward moment... but Aric Goodman was at BST tonight. At least coach didn't turn his back to Diego

I think it is time Bernardi and Jeffcoat retire. The biggest problem this team has is in the trenches. Our OL and DL cannot consistently generate any push. OL gets dominated in short yardage and the DL can't get a pass rush against any competent OL. Also special teams haven't been so special, although Kinney has been pretty consistent except for the Hawaii game. If your kicker has been pulling everything from the left hash wide right, you have to correct his approach, this **** ain't rocket science or brain surgery.
When there are no more than two, maybe three guys on the staff pulling their weight, the guy who hired them needs to go.

More of the same.

Apsay is a going to be a pretty good Qb. Better than Sefo, and he probably is now. I said somewhere in a thread I expected him to regress a little, and he did, but I would still start him over Sefo.

Our kicker [insert appropriate surname here], in a word, sucks. At least Aric Goodman offered some entertainment by hitting the uprights.

The OL is, in another word, awful.

Ross has hands of stone and should be DB and on kick coverage.

Awuzie is a special player. Kofavalu played well. Keeney is going to be good. When Spruce goes, well, I shudder to think.

I don't see anything that suggests the near future won't be more of the same. I was pretty ok with MM until tonight. Something needs to change. I have faith that RG will make the right decision for this program.

How do you keep the staff after this game? Maybe Levitt, but ANY of the rest of them?

Simply god awful play, every where. And even worst play calling.

Are we playing teams close, or are they snoozing through the first 3 quarters because we are a horrible football team?
This. UCLA and USC didn't respect us and that almost cost them the games. WSU is delirious about finally having a good team and doesn't yet feel they are good enough to 'just show up' against lesser teams.

long season? losing your leader? Lindsay, from BuffZone:

"It comes down to heart. You have to have a dog in you. This sport right here, you have to have a dog in you. Today we didn't go out there with that mentality. That's what got us. We didn't go out there with fight. It showed on the field. It's sickening to see that."

Safety Tedric Thompson said the most disappointing aspect of Saturday was the fact that the Buffs "didn't really come out to play."

Didn't even think of staying up til 10:45 to watch the game. Thanks PAC and BSPN. It did save some aggravation. Watching it now and it's just the same **** show, different week. I will not be sad to see Nembot gone, he is absolutely terrible in pass pro. Just saw him getting worked the same way I have for the past 3 years. Callahan needs to be encouraged to leave this year. Kelley can't snap the ball off the ground, why, I just can't fathom. If I see Gonzalez on the field again, I'm going to scream. Both he and Graham need to be gone after this year. Crawley is Crawley, never turns his head and gets burnt non stop. Awuzie is an all conference performer. Spruce is too but that's it. They had better hope Montez is who they say he is or its lights out for MMac after next year....if he makes it past this one. I'm still not convinced RG doesn't make a change this year. MMac is lucky there are so many vacancies right now.

The only way I'll be even remotely interested in watching a Buff game next year is with wholesale changes in the coaches. I mean if you can't recruit worth a damn, you better make up for it with being a great game day coach. Uhhh, Neinas, Bernardi and Jeffcoat both suck in recruiting and couldn't game plan plan their way out of a paper sack. If those coaches are here next year, I may not be. I just can't believe how many penalties we get, game after game it's the same stupidity. Are the players just tuning out the coaches or are they really this bad? I always like to look at the positives when it comes to the Buffs, but it's hard to find any at all right now. Losing to WSU, give me a break.

long season? losing your leader? Lindsay, from BuffZone:

"It comes down to heart. You have to have a dog in you. This sport right here, you have to have a dog in you. Today we didn't go out there with that mentality. That's what got us. We didn't go out there with fight. It showed on the field. It's sickening to see that."

Safety Tedric Thompson said the most disappointing aspect of Saturday was the fact that the Buffs "didn't really come out to play."
Looked like the Buffs had "dog" in them to me.

It's very easy to figure it out. You are projecting your hope of "turning the corner" onto the team and certain situations. Bad teams typically hang around, make a few good plays, have a few good quarters. Great teams do not always play perfectly. Roger federer does not win every set 6-0. But don't kid yourself. You don't go 2-24, or whatever it is, without clarity. The situation is very clear.

Lots of players visibly frustrated on twitter last night. Sounds to me like HCMM, might be close to losing the locker room. If that happens, this foundation that he has built could start to crumble.

We tend to want to avoid calling certain players out individually, but the missed field goals and Ross' drop were terrible. Those guys are hopefully not our best options in various situations next season. Enough about Diego having a big leg and Ross being fast, they are killing this team in key situations right now.

ive been a mm suporter and feel that changing and buying out coaches every three years does not help things.... but after last nite at the very least i better see 3-4 staff members gone at the end of the season.... we have good enough skill players to at least win a couple games in the pac right now....but the oline and special teams are just killing us...levitt is the only bright spot on this staff. mm's supposed halftime comments just killed me as a buff fan...i cant wait for the season ticket renewals to come in the mail...mine will be tossed in a drawer for some deep thought about if i want to spend so much time and $ following a program that just doesnt get it

We tend to want to avoid calling certain players out individually, but the missed field goals and Ross' drop were terrible. Those guys are hopefully not our best options in various situations next season. Enough about Diego having a big leg and Ross being fast, they are killing this team in key situations right now.
I blame the dreaded tini hype train for those 2

Both of those killed any momentum we gained early in the game.

Didn't even think of staying up til 10:45 to watch the game. Thanks PAC and BSPN. It did save some aggravation. Watching it now and it's just the same **** show, different week. I will not be sad to see Nembot gone, he is absolutely terrible in pass pro. Just saw him getting worked the same way I have for the past 3 years. Callahan needs to be encouraged to leave this year. Kelley can't snap the ball off the ground, why, I just can't fathom. If I see Gonzalez on the field again, I'm going to scream. Both he and Graham need to be gone after this year. Crawley is Crawley, never turns his head and gets burnt non stop. Awuzie is an all conference performer. Spruce is too but that's it. They had better hope Montez is who they say he is or its lights out for MMac after next year....if he makes it past this one. I'm still not convinced RG doesn't make a change this year. MMac is lucky there are so many vacancies right now.

The only way I'll be even remotely interested in watching a Buff game next year is with wholesale changes in the coaches. I mean if you can't recruit worth a damn, you better make up for it with being a great game day coach. Uhhh, Neinas, Bernardi and Jeffcoat both suck in recruiting and couldn't game plan plan their way out of a paper sack. If those coaches are here next year, I may not be. I just can't believe how many penalties we get, game after game it's the same stupidity. Are the players just tuning out the coaches or are they really this bad? I always like to look at the positives when it comes to the Buffs, but it's hard to find any at all right now. Losing to WSU, give me a break.
Bye

Once again, this roster is about 20% P5, 40% second-level Mtn West, and 40% FCS Big Sky. Been this way for a long time. The discussions here about coaching and play calling are meaningless until the talent level improves.

It's very easy to figure it out. You are projecting your hope of "turning the corner" onto the team and certain situations. Bad teams typically hang around, make a few good plays, have a few good quarters. Great teams do not always play perfectly. Roger federer does not win every set 6-0. But don't kid yourself. You don't go 2-24, or whatever it is, without clarity. The situation is very clear.
You are correct. I guess it just the constant hope for something better and looking at this through black and gold eyes.

One of the things I noticed during the wsu and usc game especially, is how down MM looked everytime the camera was on him. Like he did not care and projecting a bad image, not very positive. Always shaking his head negatively and disappointed. Needs to show more up beat and positive image.

Is he the kinda coach that is not very involved with game management or play calling both defense and offense?
If you look at a lot of teams and head coaches - they have a sheet or paper and are taking notes and referring to it before and after plays...Our coach just kinda stands there not real involved. I know it's good to let your coaches coach (not micro manage) but something about this is just not right..

Last edited:
Back