What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

giphy.gif
At least this clarifies which one you were

Curious: do these coaching moves buy MM another year? If they fail to make a bowl game in 2016, but recruiting is picking up and we can see Chiv is making a difference and special teams shows a pulse, but we still end up at, say, 5-7, does MM get another year?

Possibly still too early to say one way or the other, but I thought it was something worth considering.

If recruiting is going well next year but the team wins five games I could see them keeping mac or elevating Leavitt. It has to be going extremely well though, I would say top 5 in conference.

Well, looks like Jeric has some more twitter research to conduct to figure out who the replacement will be.

Curious: do these coaching moves buy MM another year? If they fail to make a bowl game in 2016, but recruiting is picking up and we can see Chiv is making a difference and special teams shows a pulse, but we still end up at, say, 5-7, does MM get another year?

Possibly still too early to say one way or the other, but I thought it was something worth considering.
A slim possibility, but possible in my very informed and expert opinion. :ROFLMAO:

If recruiting is going well next year but the team wins five games I could see them keeping mac or elevating Leavitt. It has to be going extremely well though, I would say top 5 in conference.

You have to give the man some credit for realizing what his mistakes were and correcting them. He wasn't exactly handed the keys to a Ferrari when he got here. But he has been asked to race against one. I can see how now finally hiring the right mechanics are going to pay off. But there is a lot of work to do.

If this recruiting class is good, and the next class is better than this good class, than I'd say give him another year. I think he gets close to a bowl but it'll be very touch and go.

I kind of feel bad for the dude, he was a target from day one and I think he had a little more experience than people give him credit for. He didn't do the job both on the field and in recruiting and so he certainly deserves to be let go after three years. His problem was that he became the embodiment on MM's first staff almost ironically because he was the outsider.

Keeping Mac at 5 wins or less? Hard to see. That said, Leavitt is a different conversation. If we have to make a change, having an assistant on staff who built something at USF like he did is a huge luxury.

I kind of feel bad for the dude, he was a target from day one and I think he had a little more experience than people give him credit for. He didn't do the job both on the field and in recruiting and so he certainly deserves to be let go after three years. His problem was that he became the embodiment on MM's first staff almost ironically because he was the outsider.
He might have been put in a situation that he just couldn't succeed in. When your one job is to coach special teams, you had better be very good, or at the very least, a very good recruiter.

Almost all of us around here have been critical of coaching staff as it has been assembled since M2 got here. It finally looks to be turning around with JL, Tumpkins, and DC.

Toby was making a big chunk of money for an assistant. I wonder if the money going to him out of the assistant coaching pool at some point cost us some other assistant who would have made us better. Did we lose somebody else because of his money?

I'm having a hard time finding five wins on next years schedule. If he gets 5 and pulls a top 5 class in the pac 12 I'm on board with him staying another year.

I was just saying that I could see it happening in that situation, not that I think it would be the right move.

Obviously recruiting needs to improve, just disagree coaching can take a back seat as it pertains to the OL. We can't just cut all of those projects overnight. Someone will have to coach them up. We can find a competent coach and an upgrade in recruiting without too much effort, no need to choose.
Agree. Someone defib Duff.

It's going to be interesting next year. We all like Leavitt and Chiaverini but will keeping them mean giving MacIntyre another year even if we only have 5 wins? Looking at the schedule, that seems like a real possibility. End of the season is a long way from signing day and so it may be hard to judge the recruiting class. Shooting for top 5 in the Pac12 seems like a stretch (and fairly unrealistic) goal. Decisions, decisions.

Back