What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

Surprising to see Craig Kuligowski is out. Guy has been as good as any DL coach in the country.

Evaluation& development on the Mizzou DL has been the best in the nation for several years. Funny how the DC parlays that into a HC gig while the DL coach ends up needing to polish his resume. No one was more important to Pinkel on that staff. They were together from the start.

Evaluation& development on the Mizzou DL has been the best in the nation for several years. Funny how the DC parlays that into a HC gig while the DL coach ends up needing to polish his resume. No one was more important to Pinkel on that staff. They were together from the start.
Is he even a remote possibility to join the CU staff if Jeffcoat was let go?

Is he even a remote possibility to join the CU staff if Jeffcoat was let go?

I doubt it because he has turned down DC offers before, but I guess with Pinkel retiring you never know. DL national coach of the year in 2014.

If CU could get him it's as much a no-brainer as Wickline would be on the OL.

And he goes by "Coach Kool". I'd almost hire him for that alone.

It has only cost us $6 Million for him to figure out that putting together a good staff is important. I don't hate him but I don't have a lot of confidence in him.

If he's really figured it out now, wouldn't your confidence be growing?

Certainly entitled to your opinion; confidence or no, since he's still the head coach here, I'm hoping these moves help to improve the team.

In other news, looks like SJSU will be in the market for a new DC as Greg Robinson has announced plans to retire after their bowl game.

The sign still says Durango Mountain Resort at the entrance. I never knew they changed it back till somebody on here mentioned it. It's always been Purgatory to me.

The longer Michigan waits to announce their hire, the more I laugh at the notion of Harbaugh waiting for Chuck Pagano to be fired from the Colts so he can be Carlo's coordinator.

That would take a lot of money but it would be awesome. Mostly because the Leavitt speculation would end.

Boston College DC Don Brown will be the new Michigan DC per footballscoop.

Not a home run name to beat the Schiano announcement by OSU, but BC had a damn good defense this year. Brown also has a very respectable head coaching record at lower levels.

I don't want to start a melt down, but there is some chatter on the Miami boards that has me a tad worried about Leavitt again.

Just want to add that it is good to see Neinas moving on. Everyone knew it needed to happen, but glad it was not dragged out. Credit to MacIntyre for reshaping this coaching staff in a big way, better late than never. Things are looking up.

So , you think he's done or is bernardi next?

I don't want to start a melt down, but there is some chatter on the Miami boards that has me a tad worried about Leavitt again.

We might as well get used to it. With his background and qualifications his name is going to continually come up. It 's good to have an assistant that is well thought of enough that he gets mentioned.

Might be nothing to it, a Miami fan started a random thread on the Rivals Mainboard asking Colorado fans what we thought of our defense this year under Leavitt. Seemed kind of random so I took a peek at Miami's Rivals board and there was a thread title that was fairly concerning, but the thread appears to have been nuked by a mod so it might have just been a random internet guy trying to make unsubstantiated claims.

So , you think he's done or is bernardi next?
I think he's classy enough to let guys go early so they have a better chance finding another job. It would suck to wait until January to get rid of a guy.

Back