What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 All-in-One Assistant Coaches Compendium Thread - hagan in, bernardi to te, adams ol -

Joe Wickline OL coach at UT is now available. I hope MMac gives him a call asap

Is this because of the lawsuit with OSU? (His contract wasn't supposed to allow him to be poached unless for a promotion and UT never gave him playcalling duties.) He's a very good coach.

As mentioned in the other thread, Texas has hired both of the co-OCs from Tulsa (Sterlin Gilbert and Matt Mattox). Gilbert will be the Offensive Coordinator. Mattox accepted the job as OL Coach.

"With the news that Mattox is part of the deal with Gilbert, offensive line coach Joe Wickline is out."
http://www.burntorangenation.com/2015/12/11/9933822/sterlin-gilbert-texas-longhorns-hire-matt-mattox

If MacIntyre could hire Wickline as an upgrade from Bernardi, this is pretty much the definition of a no-brainer.

JOE WICKLINE AT-A-GLANCE
Hometown St. Petersburg, Fla.
High school Northeast (St. Petersburg, Fla.)
College Florida '83
Year in coaching 33rd
Wife Nicki
Children Lacey, Kelby, Lauren

COACHING ASSIGNMENTS
2014- Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Texas
2005-13 Offensive Line Oklahoma State
2002-04 Offensive Line/Running Game Coordinator Florida
1999-2001 Offensive Line/Running Game Coordinator/Recruiting Coordinator Middle Tennessee State
1997-98 Offensive Line Baylor
1996 Head Coach SW Miss. CC
1995 Offensive Line Pearl River CC
1988-94 Offensive Line Mississippi
1984-87 Offensive Coordinator/Offensive Line Delta State
1984 Graduate Assistant Tennessee
1982-83 Graduate Assistant Florida

http://texassports.com/staff.aspx?staff=167

Wickline recruited primarily in Texas (triangle of DFW/Arlington -- San Angelo/Odessa/Midland -- San Antonio/Austin) for UT. Prior to that, he'd done Houston, Memphis, Arkansas, Mississippi and Louisiana. Going farther back, recruited Florida.

With the Texas situation being so unstable for so long I really hope CU was been in contact with Wickline already and we can move fast on this. What a huge upgrade he would be on all fronts.

If one looks past the UNLV coaches who have worked for either Mike MacIntyre or Bo Pelini, they'll see some interesting names. I think Jamie Christian (RB/ST), Joe Seumalo (DL), and Ced Cormier (WR) would all be good recruiting additions here.

Looks like Duke may be in the market for a new OC as football scoop is reporting their current OC (Montgomery) is getting the ECU head coaching gig.

Darrin Chiaverini's in Boulder... Hmmmmm....

kbvOiUa.png

Hire DC as our WR and ST coach, RM as S&C coach, and hopefully fire 9ass. Color me happy.

If Chiavirini comes I'm guessing he either gets a Recruiting coordinator or Passing game coordinator title

If Chiavirini comes I'm guessing he either gets a Recruiting coordinator or Passing game coordinator title
Agreed. He already has those other titles at Texas Tech and will need a bump somewhere, I would think.

Let's hope this is all true as it would be instant upgrades, IMO.

Time for some announcements. Something?
Get our @ss' kicked all season, after being so positive all summer, still following...amazing CU can keep any fans... why do we just keep on, keep'n on?

So, we can just throw names out, helter skelter, and people get all excited. Cool. I'll give it a shot. Vince Lombardi.

Agreed. He already has those other titles at Texas Tech and will need a bump somewhere, I would think.

Let's hope this is all true as it would be instant upgrades, IMO.

Moving from the Big 12 to the Pac 12 is a big time bump up!

How many true destinations are there in college football? I think that answer depends on the coach and circumstances, tbh.

I was actually talking about is as a place to settle down and call home in terms of where it's desirable to live.

Back