What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

Saw Gary Danielson suggest USC should go after Pete Carroll again on PTI yesterday. First time i heard that opinion. Got me thinking. Seattle definitely getting older and not what they use to be. Plus dealing with multiple egos/ holdouts. What are the chances he would be interested? I sure as hell hope he is an NFL lifer now.

Saw Gary Danielson suggest USC should go after Pete Carroll again on PTI yesterday. First time i heard that opinion. Got me thinking. Seattle definitely getting older and not what they use to be. Plus dealing with multiple egos/ holdouts. What are the chances he would be interested? I sure as hell hope he is an NFL lifer now.

Slim I would think

I don't think Herman is leaving after one season at Houston unless it is a name program and maybe not even then.

That's why I mentioned the Brinks Truck. Herman's as close to a sure thing right now as you're going to get. Offer him a ton of money and see what he says. There's so few coaches out there that can really get the job done, why screw around with trying to discover the next hidden coaching gem?

If Herman's waiting for more seasoning, if I'm RG, I back up the brinks truck to see if you can nab him now.

Think it is more a realization he has a good thing going at Houston, both on the field and in recruiting. He can be patient.

It might not be realistic, but I'd try to change his career plans with money.

Hey I am board with CU playing with big boys and paying a coach the big money. With all the money they sunk into the facilities what is 4-5 mil for a coach?

if mac wins a few this year and bombs next year i think u back up the brinks truck for tressel after his show cause expires. 4 -5 mill should get that done right?

IF Tressel still has the goods as a coach. A guy like that you'd like to see him coach somewhere else first to see if he's still the same guy, since it's been so long.

Don't want Tressel.

He doesn't know how to coach without cheating and our administration doesn't know how to cover up a cheater.

Tressel is going to have a big target on his back no matter where he goes. Don't want to see us win some only to be sent back to the depths.

Do it right. Find a quality guy who is either a big time coordinator or a successful coach someplace and support him so he can do his job.

IF Tressel still has the goods as a coach. A guy like that you'd like to see him coach somewhere else first to see if he's still the same guy, since it's been so long.

Tressel has that show clause until December 2016.

Houston seems to know what it´s doing when it comes to hiring coaches. First Briles, then Sumlin ...

Duff called it. Chatter around NFL circles is that Sean Payton will pursue other opportunities after this season and USC is expected to be in the mix.

Herman is a genius, if USC was smart they would go after him now before other programs do.

Dan Patrick talking about the possibility of Pete Carrol returning to USC, especially if Seattle's season goes south. I don't see that working really well because of the way he left but who knows, apparently he is on the short list.

Dan Patrick talking about the possibility of Pete Carrol returning to USC, especially if Seattle's season goes south. I don't see that working really well because of the way he left but who knows, apparently he is on the short list.

Dan Quinn was my preferred candidate for the Broncos´ vacancy and Seattle´s D is nothing like it used to be, even with Kam Chancellor back. They should be 1-5.

Back