What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

Why hire Niumatalolo if you don't want his offense? Weird.
Just for the record, I'm impressed with the the 2-3 people bothering to spell his name. Whenever I go to comment I think about trying to type and spell his name correctly and then decide it's too much work and just go with "he," "him," or "Navy's coach."

Why hire Niumatalolo if you don't want his offense? Weird.
They like that he is proven in recruiting at a difficult place to recruit and that he has demonstrated himself with the organizational skills of a head coach. They see themselves as a qb centric offense. They have been able to find a good to great QB. When was the last time you wouldn't trade them straight up for their QB?

When was the last time you wouldn't trade them straight up for their QB?
I would say Koy, but it says a lot that I would need to double check who their starter actually was before I'd be confident in saying that.

BYU does have a pretty amazing legacy of quarterbacks and high powered passing attacks. It's kind of their calling card. I think being true to program DNA can be important.
That's fine, then hire someone who runs an offense that fits that DNA, don't hire a guy whose success has relied heavily on an unconventional (by today's standards), run-oriented offense then ask him to do something different.

That's fine, then hire someone who runs an offense that fits that DNA, don't hire a guy whose success has relied heavily on an unconventional (by today's standards), run-oriented offense then ask him to do something different.

I totally agree. They should be focusing on candidates who play the style they want to play.

I've never had a hot beer, just cold or room temperature. But, your the man so whatever you want you get. I'll make sure to get T-bone Shlekker to rub your feet and sing soothing James Taylor songs to you as well.
I'll take on of those treatments.

BYU does have a pretty amazing legacy of quarterbacks and high powered passing attacks. It's kind of their calling card. I think being true to program DNA can be important.

They have had plenty of notable exceptions (Jim McMahon most prominent) but most of their QBs and a good portion of their other key recruits have been LDS kids. They recruit these kids not only from Utah but also from the LDS communities in Hawaii and in the PAC12 footprint as well as Texas.

When you have a big recruiting edge like this it makes sense to play to the talents of those kids. I don't think that many of the schools those kids are going to are playing option football. For the better players who are focused on playing at BYU I would expect that at least some of them have selected their HS based on preparing for the BYU system.

Someone who is much closer to the program can correct me but it seems as if this applies not only to QBs but to receivers and linemen.

So there are rumors out of College Station that Kyler Murray is transferring. If true, Sumlin's seat just got white hot.

So there are rumors out of College Station that Kyler Murray is transferring. If true, Sumlin's seat just got white hot.
Rumors I heard is that it's got more to do with his eligibility than transfer. Not sure why he'd leave since he's be given the starting job with Kyle Allen's transfer.

Rumors I heard is that it's got more to do with his eligibility than transfer. Not sure why he'd leave since he's be given the starting job with Kyle Allen's transfer.

But a QB at aTm can stay eligible taking online classes without ever stepping foot on campus except for football.

But a QB at aTm can stay eligible taking online classes without ever stepping foot on campus except for football.
Heard Billy Luicci on the radio today. Said that he thinks there is a decent chance that Kyler comes back. Makes sense because he's a legacy, his dad having played QB at A&M. Said he thinks it's a difficulty you face when signing 5* QBs back to back. Doesn't know if Kyler was promised the starting job but said not red shirting him just exacerbated a bad class spread at QB. Said it could still go either way and lots of people are questioning Sumlin based on the number of QBs who have left. FWIW, Sumlin said Kyler would be the starter in the bowl game despite the fact that Kyler wasn't at practice today.

Sounds like it is Sitake at BYU. This weakens Utah and OSU. It will be interesting to see what their respective lines look like in three years.

Media down here is buzzing that Sumlin might be gone now. They're looking into how much it would cost to buy him out.

Media down here is buzzing that Sumlin might be gone now. They're looking into how much it would cost to buy him out.

That would be interesting, seems like he finally got the defense to SEC level but the offense struggled which is completely on him. I thought he did s good job this year and they were finally going to break through next year until the qbs left.

Do those 2 DEs return for aTm in 2016? Dudes were shot out of a cannon at the snap. Ridiculous speed on the edge this year.

Back