What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel Thread - How safe is Kevin Sumlin´s job?

We are honestly supposed to believe Chip Brown? Dude is usually wrong when it comes to the team he's actually covering. What makes anybody think he's believable regarding a team he isn't covering?

The BYU fan base is ecstatic with the Detmer hire. Detmer may prove to be a great recruiter, but his coaching experience comes as an older backup NFL QB acting as a mentor to those talented enough to start, and as a small high school head coach. I'd be very concerned with his hire as an OC on the staff of a first time head coach, an ex-DC, who was the fourth choice for the position. Successful OC's work very long hours and very hard, and have a breadth of offensive coaching experience. He has been living on a 1200 acre ranch hunting and fishing. Financially, he was taken to the cleaner a few years ago in a Ponzi scheme, although he still may have NFL type resources. If I were a fan, I would be excited to see him on staff, but very worried about him as an OC. But then, at the time, I thought he was the 5th best QB in BYU history and that his Heisman represented an award to all of them, including bad boy Jim McMahon.

The BYU fan base is ecstatic with the Detmer hire. Detmer may prove to be a great recruiter, but his coaching experience comes as an older backup NFL QB acting as a mentor to those talented enough to start, and as a small high school head coach. I'd be very concerned with his hire as an OC on the staff of a first time head coach, an ex-DC, who was the fourth choice for the position. Successful OC's work very long hours and very hard, and have a breadth of offensive coaching experience. He has been living on a 1200 acre ranch hunting and fishing. Financially, he was taken to the cleaner a few years ago in a Ponzi scheme, although he still may have NFL type resources. If I were a fan, I would be excited to see him on staff, but very worried about him as an OC. But then, at the time, I thought he was the 5th best QB in BYU history and that his Heisman represented an award to all of them, including bad boy Jim McMahon.

McMahon, Young, Bosco... and did you go Wilson or Sark for #4?

He's currently head coach of an Episcopal high school here. A family friend tells me he and his family attend their ward's congregation and is one of the nicest men you'll meet. I imagine this plays extremely well with recruiting members of the faith. As a first-time OC, I am concerned because the head coach is a defensive guy. There will be a lot of green on that BYU staff despite Sitake having solid connections in the region.

He's currently head coach of an Episcopal high school here. A family friend tells me he and his family attend their ward's congregation and is one of the nicest men you'll meet. I imagine this plays extremely well with recruiting members of the faith. As a first-time OC, I am concerned because the head coach is a defensive guy. There will be a lot of green on that BYU staff despite Sitake having solid connections in the region.
Not as defensive as Sacky, though.

That's why Colorado gets so much snow, have to flatten out the mountains so the Texans can ski.

If this works out all the guys that advance Dave Logan for every CU opening may be on to something. The both seem very similar in experience and likability.

All this Texan hate makes me sad. Just because I was born and raised in a great state and just want to share its greatness with others doesn't make me an asshole. And I ski downhill just fine, thanks. All I have to do is figure out the turning and stopping thing.

Coaching search is saying that Orgeron is not likely going back to USC. Glad to hear that. I hope we eventually start to compete with USC recruits again and Orgeron is a great salesman.

i've never been "wowed" by Sumlin. he was called the co-coordinator at OU but Kevin Wilson called the plays and it was wilson's offense and sam bradford.....and then Sumlin won at Houston with Art Briles' guys and Case Keenan/Keenum....and voila! he gets the ATM job and Johnny Football. Wrecking Crew still sucks. and all his QB's are transferring. Aggy is starting their number 3 guy in the bowl game.

i was in Norman OK last week and Kyler Murray is transferring to OU.

The comment I heard on Sumlin and aTm that summed it up best for me:

They couldn't win the SEC West in Manziel's Heisman year and went 4-4 in the SEC in Manziel's final year. Why would anyone think Sumlin will ever be better than that?

Rumblings that Mora will be dolphins new head coach on Monday.

7-dodgeball-quotes.gif

Sean Payton to UCLA?

I almost think I'd prefer that Mora stick around. I think Payton is probably a better coach than Mora. Might explain UCLA's performance in their bowl game though...actually UCLA being UCLA probably explains that. The idea of Payton with Rosen as his QB does sound a little scary though.

Why would Payton go to CFB? Successful NFL coaches rarely do that unless they have a very tight bond with their alma mater and the program. Payton has no prior affiliation with UCLA that I see.

If Sean Payton leaves the saints wouldn't you think the colts would be all over him?

And why in gods name would the Dolphins hire mora? Do they love sucking? Obviously as a buff fan turnover at UClA helps us but they are always going to be an attractive job and can strike gold at any moment.

Also, how pissed would U$C fans be if Mora did end up back in the NFL and UCLA was able to convince Chip Kelly to come back to the college game after the Trojans ended up just promoting Helton

Also, how pissed would U$C fans be if Mora did end up back in the NFL and UCLA was able to convince Chip Kelly to come back to the college game after the Trojans ended up just promoting Helton
I would assume After the performance last night, very pissed haha.

Back