What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

LSU fans on their board believe Fisher is a done deal and that he will get to pick the rest of his staff as long as he agrees to keep Aranda.

LSU fans on their board believe Fisher is a done deal and that he will get to pick the rest of his staff as long as he agrees to keep Aranda.

I think Coach O is going to get the job based on Finebaum and some other media. He's got to beat Florida and aTm, though.

So you fire Miles for underachieving with top talent and replace with another coach who has done the same thing the last two seasons?

I don't think so. I think LSU fans have an inflated view of their place in College football.
They definitely have high expectations but why is it crazy for a team that puts more talent in the NFL than pretty much anyone to win their division once in five years?

Seems lateral to me. Not sure why he would do that unless he just wants a change of scenery or there are issues at FSU.
I see it as a good move preventing his situation from getting stale like we see with so many coaches.

Reset:
I am really surprised there isn't more spin to the carousel by now.

Open jobs:

1. FIU- Ron Turner fired before the leaves turned. Names: Supposedly it is Butch Davis job to turn down.
2. Purdue- Darrell Hazell fired. Names: early rumor Troy Calhoun of AFA (he has since denied), and practically every B1G assistant out there, search firm hired.
3. LSU- Les Miles canned. Ed "The Cajun Wild Man" Orgeron at the helm with an interim tag. Names: Jimbo Fisher rumored to be the guy, as noted above by TDforTD, other rumors: Herman, Briles, Holgerson.

Jobs filled:

1. Fresno- Jeff Tedford gets the job, mid-season. Good hire, but the timing is weird. Of note, D II Danny applied and interviewed for the gig, according to the Fresno Bee.

Highly probable openings:

1. Baylor- Old Man Grobe at the helm with an interim tag. Names: Don't know, but something tells me Dykes may be on their radar.
2. UT-I'll go ahead and add them here, Strong is 5-5. I really doubt he will survive.
3. Oregon- I'll speculate a little here too, I don't think Helfrich survives the 3-7 dumpster fire he started in Eugene. ESPN hack said a week ago or so that Uncle Phil is ready to throw a ton of cash at a proven winner...not good news for Helfrich.

Hot G5 coaches this offseason who should get offered P5 jobs:

Tom Herman (Houston)
P.J. Fleck (Western Michigan)
Matt Rhule (Temple)
Bryan Harsin (Boise State)
Willie Taggert (USF)
Jeff Brohm (Western Kentucky)

Who else might get a look?

Does Craig Bohl start to get a look or two? What he's doing in Laramie is very impressive. I know he's in his 60's, but would a team like Purdue or Kansas take a look at what he's done and give him a shot at a P5 program?

Does Craig Bohl start to get a look or two? What he's doing in Laramie is very impressive. I know he's in his 60's, but would a team like Purdue or Kansas take a look at what he's done and give him a shot at a P5 program?

It's one good year at Wyoming and they did lose at UNLV this past week.

The age thing is why I didn't list him or SDSU's Rocky Long, though.

That Wyoming/UNLV game was the best game nobody saw. Three overtimes. WYO puts it into OT on a play as time expires.

Does Scott Frost get a look somewhere taking UCF from winless last year to 6-4 so far this year in his first season? Maybe not a P5, but possibly a better positioned G5 school?

Does Scott Frost get a look somewhere taking UCF from winless last year to 6-4 so far this year in his first season? Maybe not a P5, but possibly a better positioned G5 school?

There's a better positioned G5 school?

I don't think so. I think LSU fans have an inflated view of their place in College football.

Agree. He'd be trading playing 2nd fiddle to Clemson for playing 2nd fiddle to Alabama. Jimbo at Texas would make a lot of sense though.....

Agree. He'd be trading playing 2nd fiddle to Clemson for playing 2nd fiddle to Alabama. Jimbo at Texas would make a lot of sense though.....
Difference being that he isn't perpetually in 2nd place to Clemson. They will have up years and down years. At LSU - or any SEC school for that matter - you're usually playing for second until Saban leaves. Saban is a machine. The only coach that can compete with him, IMO, is Urban Meyer.

Back