What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

I'd be cautious about Jeff Brohm.

He spent 2012 as his first as an OC, at UAB, and they were pretty bad, and not that effective on offense.
He spent 2013 as the OC/QB coach under Petrino at Western Kentucky. Any judgement of the offensive success is mute given it was a Petrino led team. I would however assume he learned a lot.
He's been the head coach at WKU since then winning 8, 11, and 12 games. That all looks good. But he followed Taggart and Petrino, so he inherited well-stocked teams compared to his competition.

My concern is that he's not built anything before and Purdue is all about building. Taggart built it. So that's the risk.
He may have enough offensive acumen and overall good coaching CEO level skills to be the perfect fit. But there's some extrapolation required to get there.

So you're saying he is the next Butch Jones.

Got it!

MM is gonna get paid is right.

Wonder where his contract goes to. $4MM/yr? $4.5MM? Maybe $3.5MM guaranteed and a boatload of incentives?

Dayumm.

Wonder where his contract goes to. $4MM/yr? $4.5MM? Maybe $3.5MM guaranteed and a boatload of incentives?

Dayumm.

I sure hope he gets paid. We still coaches for a broke ass team in a broke ass conference. I'd hate to see good Pac12 teams like CU losing financial ground to the Purdues of the world.

Shaw is currently the highest paid P12 HC at just a shade over 4m a year, FWIW. Petersen is going to get a raise on his 3.6m also. I'd look for MacIntyre to get something between Brohm and Shaw.

MM is gonna get paid, but maybe not as much as some think. I could see him getting a bump to a base of like $2.75M to 3M with a huge bump to the assistant pool. If that is what occurs then you know he is looking to build long term here.

I would think MM would get between 3 and 3.2 million a year with similar incentives to this year. Don't think RG will overreact to one good year.

I'd be cautious about Jeff Brohm.

He spent 2012 as his first as an OC, at UAB, and they were pretty bad, and not that effective on offense.
He spent 2013 as the OC/QB coach under Petrino at Western Kentucky. Any judgement of the offensive success is mute given it was a Petrino led team. I would however assume he learned a lot.
He's been the head coach at WKU since then winning 8, 11, and 12 games. That all looks good. But he followed Taggart and Petrino, so he inherited well-stocked teams compared to his competition.

My concern is that he's not built anything before and Purdue is all about building. Taggart built it. So that's the risk.
He may have enough offensive acumen and overall good coaching CEO level skills to be the perfect fit. But there's some extrapolation required to get there.
Hawkins 2.0?

Dayumm.

I saw speculation several days ago on one of the boards that RG may be increasing the pool for HC & assistants to $10MM. That would be a whole lot of money if accurate (or even close to accurate), even if we have the addition of a 10th assistant.

I saw speculation several days ago on one of the boards that RG may be increasing the pool for HC & assistants to $10MM. That would be a whole lot of money if accurate (or even close to accurate), even if we have the addition of a 10th assistant.
That would be amazing but sounds a little high. That would mean if Mac got 3.5 a year, coordinators a million a year that the assistants would average $640,000 a year with 7, and $560,000 with 8 assistants. That seems like a massive increase.

Sounds like a massive commitment to making this football program elite again.
I would think paying coordinators $1 million a years would be a massive commitment, increasing the rest of the staff to that amount pretty much tells the rest of the Pac-12 to bend over.

Just for comparison, but Kiffin and Venables were the fifth highest paid assistants at 1.4m per in 2015. Highest paid was Muschamp at 1.6m.

New Bama DC Pruitt is making 1m.

Regarding Kiszla, he recently put something out (which I will not link) in which he argued that MacIntyre did not deserve a big contract.

Shaw is currently the highest paid P12 HC at just a shade over 4m a year, FWIW. Petersen is going to get a raise on his 3.6m also. I'd look for MacIntyre to get something between Brohm and Shaw.
I thought that USC didn't disclose how much they paid their coaches.

Back