What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

I thought the NCAA penalty against him was a 2 year "show cause"?
Yes. But I honestly don't know what that means. Everything I find reads like this:

That means for UCLA or any school to employ him, it must appear before the Committee on Infractions and show why his restrictions shouldn't apply while offering a plan for overseeing his activities.
A UCLA spokesman said the university resolved that issue by submitting an oversight plan and no further action is needed. If Klemm left during the two-year show-cause window and was hired by another school, that school would need to go before the committee.

I read that this way: a new school would have to promise to babysit him to make sure he doesn't send any recruits to all-expense paid training camps in Arizona for three weeks. How did Mora not get caught up in this? This is an institutional thing.

Yes. But I honestly don't know what that means. Everything I find reads like this:

I read that this way: a new school would have to promise to babysit him to make sure he doesn't send any recruits to all-expense paid training camps in Arizona for three weeks. How did Mora not get caught up in this? This is an institutional thing.
Fall guy.

I'd assume that with the Mallory/CU connection that Cabral won't be losing his job.

Per coachingsearch.com:
Indiana State: Wyoming defensive backs coach Curt Mallory has officially accepted the Indiana State head coaching job, per Wyoming AD Tom Burman. Mallory has been at Wyoming for two years and previously spent four years at Michigan. He is the son of former Indiana head coach Bill Mallory. Keep track of FCS head coaching changes here.

Chip Lindsey to auburn as OC, big loss for ASU. Also ucla hired deshaun foster as their running backs coach and an assistant o line coach from the Vikings as their o line coach.

Pumped about that Lindsey hire.

Good sign for Auburn as much because of the guy as for the fact that HCGM was allowed to hire a guy from his preferred list despite boosters wanting to direct the process. That report from the past couple days of meddling and pressure was an eyebrow raiser for me.

Good sign for Auburn as much because of the guy as for the fact that HCGM was allowed to hire a guy from his preferred list despite boosters wanting to direct the process. That report from the past couple days of meddling and pressure was an eyebrow raiser for me.

Also, for the Devils, the downside of hiring a guy with roots in Alabama and connections with Gus M. They are a revolving door seemingly with their coaching staff right now and this one probably had little to do with anything at ASU, but rather the above connections, and of course $.

Man - ASU taking some hits lately on offense. Lost Jay Norvell who became HC at Nevada and now lose their OC after one year.

Also, 2 of the 3 coaches involved in the recruitment of Alabama transfer Blake Barnett are now gone.

Oregon firing Co-OC after DUI last night as reported on FootballScoop-
http://footballscoop.com/the-scoop/

Oregon:
Athletic director Rob Mullens announced today that the university has placed tight ends coach / co-offensive coordinator coach David Reaves on administrative leave and “the process to terminate his employment with cause has commenced,” following Reaves’ arrest for DUI late last night.

We had every opportunity to hire Deruyter and passed. Not sure why, but I'm pretty confident that he wasn't ever on MM's list to begin with.

I think you're probably right that he wasn't on the list, but do any of us really know that? For all we know, we reached out to him and a bunch of other folks, but they turned us down.

Wilcox as a first-time head coach will do well to have that experience managing one side of the ball for him. All signs in the MacIntyre hiring process pointed to him not wanting a recent former head coach running the side he has the most intimate knowledge of. And no idea what DeRuyter brought as a recruiter, but I'm guessing it's not what Mac was looking for there, either.

Leonhard is 34, has been a coach for one season and only retired from the NFL after the 2014 season

Back