What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

i need to get an nfl job. sucking apparently buys you 3 or 4 more jobs.
Are you saying you suck?
the limited QB that got Bama in the champinoship game. great excuse. everyone on planet earth who watches football knows brent venables sends everyone on 3rd down. i don't think Sark sucks....even though he should have run off a lot clock instead of having his FR QB make bad throws on bad plays. he could have run off so much 4th quarter clock......
Doesn't that make him perfect for Atlanta?

He wasn't gonna be at Bama long anyway. I don't think Saban likes him very much. I'm sure they'll be fine, open up the bank and they'll pay whoever.

would not be surprised to see Briles show up as the OC under satan as toxic as he might be 2nd chance U, alabama

Well the defense scored 10 points against Washington and the offense scored 14 so I would say that the defense actually got them to the championship game. Hurtz struggled and Scarborough went out in the second half and they scored 31 points against a great defense that shut out OSU the week prior, including a go ahead touchdown with 2:30 left in the game.

Bama could have run off 3-4 minutes from the 9-6 minutes mark of the 4th Q just running the ball into the LOS. but Sark has Hurt is throwing incomplete passes. the clock stops. they gave Desean Watson too many chances. there is no 2:30 left in the game. at that point, you are winning the national championship game. put clemson in a ziplock bag and suffocate them.

shorten the game. all that said, Bama's D enabled Clemson with 2 two pretty big penalties as well.

No way Saban hires Chip, my opinion.
Saban was not happy with Sark's performance and frankly, Sark is better to be in the NFL. No recruiting, which cuts down on the travel considerably. Hotel rooms are not an Alcoholics' friend.

2 coaches lost in his first 60 days. This guy was the passenger in the vehicle where the TE coach lost his job after getting a DUI. I'm wondering if he was told "you won't be fired if you get another job within X timeframe" as opposed to firing him outright for being part of that situation.

Al Pupunu, the former charger TE, moved from Idaho to Weber State. I wish we had offered him to join our staff.

http://footballscoop.com/news/gene-chizik-stepped-away-coaching-point-draw-line/

“The guys that I’m closest with have called or texted me and said, ‘I can’t wait until I’m in the position to make the same decision.’… I try to tell people all the time: There’s a huge distinction between who you are and what you do,” Chizik said. “I spoke to the team in a team meeting the other night and I wanted to address them and tell them why I was not going to be at North Carolina next year and I said, ‘Guys, I want you to understand this about me, you’ve been around me for two years and you probably have figured it out, but coaching football is what I do, it’s not who I am.’ I said, I’m a husband and a father. Look, there’s nobody out there that’s going to be more competitive, there’s nobody in this profession where football is more important to them than it is to me. There was nobody that wanted to be better at what they did than me. There were people that wanted to be as good, but there was nobody better. But at some point you draw the line between what you do and who you are. And I know who I am.'”

The Inside Read: Are Todd Graham's days numbered in Tempe?
It’s flying under the radar somewhat nationally, but coaches and industry sources are wondering about Todd Graham’s future at Arizona State.

With two different one-year stops in the past, at Rice and Pitt, a coach whose rep had become synonymous with job-hopping is now in danger of being told to leave before he can leave himself.

Those close to the program say ASU leadership is tiring of Graham, a feeling exacerbated by his lack of success. As is often the case, sources say the buyout needs to come in range before a decision is made. If he were to be let go at the end of the season, ASU would owe between $8-9 million in buyout money.

After consecutive 10-win seasons in 2013 and 2014, Arizona State won 11 total games the next two years. Graham is now 39-26 in five seasons with a 25-20 Pac-12 record.

The sixth (and perhaps final) season will assuredly look different: Graham has already hired five new assistants — including two new coordinators — and there’s still a tight ends coach opening.

Former Alabama receivers coach Billy Napier takes over the offense after Chip Lindsey, following his first season at ASU, left for Auburn.

One industry source noted that Napier had twice been passed over by Nick Saban for the Tide coordinator position, including in the past few weeks when he knew Steve Sarkisian was leaving for the NFL.

And former Baylor defensive coordinator Phil Bennett, departing amid the turmoil at that university, is the new defensive coordinator in Tempe. He’s already had to deflect questions about what he did or didn’t know related to Baylor’s handling of sexual assault cases and claims.

Rob Likens (receivers) and Michael Slater (defensive line) both came from Kansas’ struggling program.
New offensive line coach Rob Sale was most recently at Louisiana-Monroe, but has SEC experience at Alabama and Georgia. Sale replaces Josh Henson, who spent a month on the job before returning to Oklahoma State (his alma mater).

In a video interview Wednesday with AZCentral.com, Graham explained the changes as part of the coaching industry. That’s true on the surface, but replacing half the staff rises to another level. It’s similar to what has recently happened at Ole Miss, where myriad changes have stemmed from the NCAA cloud hanging over the program.

There are no such issues at Arizona State, but coaches still see a bleak picture based on all the coaching moves. They say several assistants left voluntarily while others were pushed out.

“No one’s left from when (Graham) had success there. It feels like there’s too much negativity amongst the group there,” one source who knows the program told us. “I just don’t see it getting any better. About the only momentum they have is with the facilities.”

At No. 37 in the 247Sports Composite Team Recruiting Rankings, the 2017 recruiting class was still respectable — especially given all the staff turnover. But it did mark the lowest finish for the Sun Devils since the 2013 class.

Regularly recruiting in the 20s, it’s clear that the program has underachieved relative to the incoming talent.

A 56-35 loss to rival Arizona, which entered with no conference wins, was a particularly galling way to end a 5-7 season in 2016. The six-win year in 2015 was even more telling, considering ASU entered with lofty expectations, much of that amplified by Graham’s own preseason comments.

One big-picture stat seems particularly damning: In Graham’s five seasons, Arizona State has allowed an average of 40 sacks a season. It has been ranked in the 110s in each of the five years. There’s been no measure of improvement in a clear area of concern.

In the face of increasing internal and external doubt, Graham remains stubborn that this group of coaches and players will again get it right.

“I try to avoid certain words, but our guys are pissed off. I’m pissed off,” Graham told AZCentral.com. “Our guys are motivated. I know I’m motivated. … We want to get this thing back to where it was, and that’s winning and competing for the (Pac-12) South championship and competing for championships.”

In the event ASU makes a move, one name mentioned to us was West Virginia’s Dana Holgorsen. If Kevin Sumlin is out at Texas A&M, that also might be someone to consider.

http://247sports.com/Article/Sources-wonder-if-Todd-Grahams-running-out-of-time-in-Tempe-51328053

Ole miss opening up soon? That's a job I would be worried about mac leaving for if he had the opportunity.

SIAP, but Chris Strausser (Washington's OL coach) is leaving to become the Broncos Asst OL coach. Has been with Peterson since his Boise days. Pretty big loss for UW, I'd imagine.

That's a big loss. Thanks, Donks!

SIAP, but Chris Strausser (Washington's OL coach) is leaving to become the Broncos Asst OL coach. Has been with Peterson since his Boise days. Pretty big loss for UW, I'd imagine.
Weird to me that Washington is losing this many coaches but definitely watch out for Adams to UW.

Back