What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2016 Coaching Carousel

Cowherd is in LA and DP is East Coast. Not sure how much that really matters, but I would say Cowherd probably has some local sources more tuned into SC.
I don't know how but Patrick has connections there but his son attends the school so whatever that means. I have listened to his show over the years and he has brought up his USC connections more than a few times.

It's never pointless to shed light on Cowherd's idiocy. It works in pretty much any context where his name is mentioned.
True with the exception of; "You know Cowherd was right and went about it in a completely non-blowhard way." Now I don't think that phrase has ever been uttered.

I just hope all of this is causing a lot of distraction for the team and throwing them in a state of apathy and mental fragility for the rest of the season... or at least for another 2 weeks.
Helton was hired as a stop gap for a year. Swann will hire his man at the end of the year.

I just hope all of this is causing a lot of distraction for the team and throwing them in a state of apathy and mental fragility for the rest of the season... or at least for another 2 weeks.
It's still depressing because no matter how bad of a coach Helton is he still pulled in the second best class in the country last year right? And the next coach likely won't have any issues pulling in talent on short notice in December and January. On top of that imagine if they were able to grab a guy like Herman? That would suck donkey dick. Goes to show how important it is so win this year while they are down.

Here's a random speculation for you.

Chip Kelly failed big at Philly, likely to repeat in at San Fran.

He has now given the NFL a chance and a second chance and if it doesn't work he can let it go.

End of this year the niners are falling apart and Kelly and the team mutually agree for him to move on. The place with the budget and the program to fit his ego happens to have a coaching job open, Kelly to LSU.

Also Pedo State puts together a huge package and goes after Les,

I really dont think Les goes back into coaching. He's getting paid millions not to coach. He's at an age where most folks would retire anyway.

I really dont think Les goes back into coaching. He's getting paid millions not to coach. He's at an age where most folks would retire anyway.

He told Dan Patrick that he has no hobbies, nothing else that he likes to do with his time. He's a football coach. Doesn't sound like someone ready to ride off into the sunset.

The money though means that he can wait for the right offer.

Here's a random speculation for you.

Chip Kelly failed big at Philly, likely to repeat in at San Fran.

He has now given the NFL a chance and a second chance and if it doesn't work he can let it go.

End of this year the niners are falling apart and Kelly and the team mutually agree for him to move on. The place with the budget and the program to fit his ego happens to have a coaching job open, Kelly to LSU.

Also Pedo State puts together a huge package and goes after Les,

Kelly is going to mutually agree to part ways after 1 season when the next fall guy in line is 49ers GM Trent Baalke?

Kelly is going to mutually agree to part ways after 1 season when the next fall guy in line is 49ers GM Trent Baalke?

If, and it is a good possibility, the niners have a terrible season ownership may decide to simply clean house and start fresh with a new GM and HC. If the season goes that bad Kelly could easily decide that one of the best jobs in college FB is better than trying to stick around in the pros when it isn't working.

As stated it is pure speculation but it wouldn't shock me at all if it happened. The LSU job is one that has NC potential and the LSU boosters will come up enough money to make it hard to resist. Kelly could go back to college where he is comfortable and be the man in complete charge of his program.

If, and it is a good possibility, the niners have a terrible season ownership may decide to simply clean house and start fresh with a new GM and HC. If the season goes that bad Kelly could easily decide that one of the best jobs in college FB is better than trying to stick around in the pros when it isn't working.

As stated it is pure speculation but it wouldn't shock me at all if it happened. The LSU job is one that has NC potential and the LSU boosters will come up enough money to make it hard to resist. Kelly could go back to college where he is comfortable and be the man in complete charge of his program.
As dysfunctional as ownership is, I can't see the niners dumping consecutive coaches after 1 season. Baalke won't get to hire another coach, so he has to hope Kelly succeeds.

Funny **** right there! And precisely why I don't see any top program giving Lane Kiffen a HC job anytime soon. At least Bobby Petrino has won everywhere he's gone. Lane has made ever team worse. Reminds me of Rick Neuheisel.

Chip Kelly is NOT comfortable coaching college football. That is the main reason he left.

Yep - wasn't he super uncomfortable with the Oregon boosters? If he cannot handle the dreadlock-wearing, tree-hugging boosters at Oregon, then I am pretty sure the big-hair, corn-dog loving boosters at LSU are his worst nightmare.

Funny **** right there! And precisely why I don't see any top program giving Lane Kiffen a HC job anytime soon. At least Bobby Petrino has won everywhere he's gone. Lane has made ever team worse. Reminds me of Rick Neuheisel.
That was cracking me up last night. I hope some huge program hires him this winter, that would be epic.

As dysfunctional as ownership is, I can't see the niners dumping consecutive coaches after 1 season. Baalke won't get to hire another coach, so he has to hope Kelly succeeds.

You are probably right, as I stated it is simply speculation but I am getting the sense that Kelly is figuring out that this NFL thing isn't as easy as recruiting a bunch of fast guys and running past college teams. He failed in Philly and this SF team may not have done well with a good NFL coach, it could get ugly.

If a school like LSU offers to throw a lot of money at him and full control of the program he may be more interested than most would think. A new GM and a change focused ownership in SF might be willing to negotiate a comfortable out for him.

Yep - wasn't he super uncomfortable with the Oregon boosters? If he cannot handle the dreadlock-wearing, tree-hugging boosters at Oregon, then I am pretty sure the big-hair, corn-dog loving boosters at LSU are his worst nightmare.

He doesn't like recruiting either.

He told Dan Patrick that he has no hobbies, nothing else that he likes to do with his time. He's a football coach. Doesn't sound like someone ready to ride off into the sunset.

The money though means that he can wait for the right offer.

Miles must show his future employers he can change what he does offensively to coach again.

Charlie Strong is seriously on the hot seat after today. Pretty much done when they issue a statement that they will not make a coaching change during the season.

Back