What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2017 Coaching Carousel Thread - Zona hires Sumlin

I hate to wish people bad luck, but I hope frost continues the sub-mediocrity that is now nebraska.

He is a very good coach but where he is now he has better athletes than most of the teams he plays.

Nebraska 2017 and beyond is not going to attract better athletes than the top teams he will be playing in the B1G, not happening.

So it begins. And I strongly doubt he decommits solely because of the rumours, it probably didn't convince him what he heard from Taggart directly.

Last edited:

So it begins. And I strongly doubt he decommits solely because of the rumours, probably didn't convince what he heard.

That doesn't just happen. Obviously someone got to him with the negative recruiting. And obviously Taggart didn't tell him what he needed to hear. I'd say that's more smoke around the idea that Taggart is working on a deal with Florida State.

The collective orgasm in this godforsaken state when that was finally announced today was loud. I really feel bad for Buffsurveyor’s dog. Hopefully it escaped before he caught it.
He is about to make his move.

92d8a2c1814f195040880b00032167e1.gif

So Nebraska gets their dream guy, a former player who is seen as "one of them."

They are signing him to a contract that will make it very hard to fire him anytime in the next few years.

How do they react when instead of instantly bringing them back to their "glory days" he struggles the first couple years and never manages to win the division and carry them high in the rankings.

At what point do most of them finally figure out that they aren't an elite program, that they won't get back to being a national power?

They are signing him to a contract that will make it very hard to fire him anytime in the next few years.

How do they react when instead of instantly bringing them back to their "glory days" he struggles the first couple years and never manages to win the division and carry them high in the rankings.

At what point do most of them finally figure out that they aren't an elite program, that they won't get back to being a national power?
Sure. But I think it's a great hire and will likely work. The question I have is if Nub fans will end the honeymoon after 3 or 4 years if Frost doesn't achieve above what Pelini did.

Dunno but the meltdown will be marvelous to watch. They are already posting stupid **** like this:7F049FB6-E086-4CBC-9134-9DD3F4774573.jpeg

Sure. But I think it's a great hire and will likely work. The question I have is if Nub fans will end the honeymoon after 3 or 4 years if Frost doesn't achieve above what Pelini did.

That's what I am wondering. I think Frost will have them in minor bowls, he will even chalk up some upsets against ranked teams.

I also don't see him winning 10-11 games a year.

After 3-4 years and they are finishing a season with 7-8 wins and a couple ugly conference losses including at home they are going to have to look and realize that they fired Pelini for similar or better, fired Solich for better, and will still owe enough on the contract that it will be very hard to fire Frost.

Speaking of Colorado. . . . . . . . . . . . when is the coaching change happening so the Buffalos can become relevant? There is all that Pac12 $$$$$$s to pay for contracts and buyouts. Right?

Speaking of Colorado. . . . . . . . . . . . when is the coaching change happening so the Buffalos can become relevant? There is all that Pac12 $$$$$$s to pay for contracts and buyouts. Right?
I'm going to enjoy watching your returning hero ditch you at the first opportunity.

Colorado and Nebraska football both suck right now.

Difference is that CU fans are living in some delusional world imaging that we are currently relevant.

And more importantly we aren't stuck with living in Nebraska.

I'm going to enjoy watching your returning hero ditch you at the first opportunity.
Not may "hero", just a good coach. Maybe even a great coach. Time will tell.
I would thing HCMM will ditch his team before Frost does his. Again, time will tell.
Now how about that improvement being made in the CU coaching situation? Any news?

Back