What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

Yep, thinking Viska is gonna have a big year.
With his combination of size and speed, why not occasionally line him up as a tight end? It would be a really tough match up for a linebacker or safety and it would allow the Buffs to get another of their talented wide receivers on the field.

IIRC, early in his CU career Michael Westbrook lined up at tight end occasionally with some positive results.

With his combination of size and speed, why not occasionally line him up as a tight end? It would be a really tough match up for a linebacker or safety and it would allow the Buffs to get another of their talented wide receivers on the field.

IIRC, early in his CU career Michael Westbrook lined up at tight end occasionally with some positive results.
I'd think he has a skill set where you could be creative with him. Saying that, I don't know how much weight he's gained? If he's all over 225 or so, that's a dangerous weapon that you could make package plays for, in that position. He'd have to just block in some instances and maybe flex a bit. It's an idea though.

MM has mentioned they would use Viska in the slot some in that inside TE role. I doubt you ever see him with his hand in the ground, which doesn't make any sense to me.

I love this time of the season. The koolaid flows like water and tastes like a freshly tapped keg of your favorite brew on a hot summer afternoon. I am hoping we don't wake up in a month with a bad hangover and realize we've been drinking stale Colt 45.
I wanna be part of program where the koolaid flows like wine and the women flock like the salmon of Capistrano.

2018 Fall Camp ended under the lights last night.

Seems like it was a really good camp this year. Got through it without any major injuries outside of Poplawski - but him redshirting this year after the knee injury at the end of last season might be a blessing in disguise anyway. Other than that, it looks like the team is actually healthier now than it was when camp started.

My major disappointments from camp are that it doesn't look like the CB position got settled and the left side of the OL is still a question mark.

CB looks like the issue is that we've got 5 starter quality players for 2 spots but also no one who was at the NFL-ready level that guys like Oliver, Spoon and Chidobe were at in their final seasons.

OL looks like the issue is that Moretti is our best OT but is still on a play count with his injury recovery and Sherman is 20 lbs too light to play every down. I think that means that Kaiser and Tonz are our starters but that we'll platoon both of those spots.

Other than that, it appears that questions were answered such as building depth at safety, linebacker and defensive line, QB development, McMillian being as advertised with Evans 100% back from his injury at RB, Pursell being ready for the center responsibilities as a RS-Frosh, and defensive scheme adjustments installed to best utilize the talent on the roster.

It's finally game week!
giphy.gif

2018 Fall Camp ended under the lights last night.

Seems like it was a really good camp this year. Got through it without any major injuries outside of Poplawski - but him redshirting this year after the knee injury at the end of last season might be a blessing in disguise anyway. Other than that, it looks like the team is actually healthier now than it was when camp started.

My major disappointments from camp are that it doesn't look like the CB position got settled and the left side of the OL is still a question mark.

CB looks like the issue is that we've got 5 starter quality players for 2 spots but also no one who was at the NFL-ready level that guys like Oliver, Spoon and Chidobe were at in their final seasons.

OL looks like the issue is that Moretti is our best OT but is still on a play count with his injury recovery and Sherman is 20 lbs too light to play every down. I think that means that Kaiser and Tonz are our starters but that we'll platoon both of those spots.

Other than that, it appears that questions were answered such as building depth at safety, linebacker and defensive line, QB development, McMillian being as advertised with Evans 100% back from his injury at RB, Pursell being ready for the center responsibilities as a RS-Frosh, and defensive scheme adjustments installed to best utilize the talent on the roster.

It's finally game week!
giphy.gif
Is it settled that Lewis starts outside? I’ve been out of cell range for a few days so apologies if this has been answered.

WCpBq4s.jpg

Holy SMOKES at Chris Miller’s new twitter pic. Reminder that Adam had mentioned Miller did a great job covering Shenault last year in camp, Shenault just had a ~40lb weight advantage and was able to out-muscle him for catches. Miller is no longer 175lbs, that’s for sure.

WCpBq4s.jpg

Holy SMOKES at Chris Miller’s new twitter pic. Reminder that Adam had mentioned Miller did a great job covering Shenault last year in camp, Shenault just had a ~40lb weight advantage and was able to out-muscle him for catches. Miller is no longer 175lbs, that’s for sure.
If we can get to a point this season where Miller is able to own the CB position opposite Abrams, I think we would legitimately have a secondary filled with future NFLers -- plus depth that could start for many P5 programs. With that depth, we need to see continued development of Hypolite, Rakestraw and Maddox at safety so that we've got starter-quality depth throughout the secondary once we're into Pac-12 play.

If we can get to a point this season where Miller is able to own the CB position opposite Abrams, I think we would legitimately have a secondary filled with future NFLers -- plus depth that could start for many P5 programs. With that depth, we need to see continued development of Hypolite, Rakestraw and Maddox at safety so that we've got starter-quality depth throughout the secondary once we're into Pac-12 play.
Trego played well in place of Worthington. I don't know who had the bust late in the game that should have resulted in a CSU TD, but yea, depth at both corner and safety are suspect right now.

Back