What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

Hmmm. Good quotes from Lewis with this, too. He's our starting OLB with Landman starting at ILB.
Lewis will still play inside on occasion, especially when the Buffs drop in to their nickel package. But his versatility — and Landman's rapid development — could make a dramatic difference in CU's defense.

Hmmm. Good quotes from Lewis with this, too. He's our starting OLB with Landman starting at ILB.
Lewis will still play inside on occasion, especially when the Buffs drop in to their nickel package. But his versatility — and Landman's rapid development — could make a dramatic difference in CU's defense.

I'm feeling better about the LB position than I felt in a LONG time.

I'm feeling better about the LB position than I felt in a LONG time.
When is the last time we had a middle linebacker with the size and toughness that Landman has? Mac has always been focused on getting athleticism at backer but it will be nice to see a guy in there who hits like a train.

Remember these are fluff pieces. Don’t drink the koolaid!
Give in already.
1236765583_conan-kool-aid.gif

When is the last time we had a middle linebacker with the size and toughness that Landman has? Mac has always been focused on getting athleticism at backer but it will be nice to see a guy in there who hits like a train.
I loved the way Addison G played the position, but he could never stay healthy and had a tough time keeping weight on. I view Landman as the bigger and better version of Gillam, hopefully.

I loved the way Addison G played the position, but he could never stay healthy and had a tough time keeping weight on. I view Landman as the bigger and better version of Gillam, hopefully.
Addison was a good backer but I never thought of him as a big hitter.

I remember him absolutely blowing up a QB in 2016. Think it was Manny Wilkins. It made one of the PAC-12 promos.

Edit: I had to look it up, because it was a hell of a hit. Check it out 2:23 into this video.

Well yeah when he was blitzing and had free shots, I am talking about plugging holes and putting running backs on their ass.

I remember him absolutely blowing up a QB in 2016. Think it was Manny Wilkins. It made one of the PAC-12 promos.

Edit: I had to look it up, because it was a hell of a hit. Check it out 2:23 into this video.

Great hit, but my biggest takeaway from the highlight reel is that 2016 team was stacked. There were at least 5 or 6 guys making the plays who will be playing on Sundays this year. And Phil, damn am I going to miss that kid.

Great hit, but my biggest takeaway from the highlight reel is that 2016 team was stacked. There were at least 5 or 6 guys making the plays who will be playing on Sundays this year. And Phil, damn am I going to miss that kid.
Yep, agreed. Gilbert had a lot of sacks as well that game.

Hoping we see more of that in this year’s team with Lewis and Taylor coming off the edge. We have the secondary to take advantage of a QB’s bad passing decision if we can just get more pass rush.

I’m surprised at the talk of Landman making some huge jump. Am I the only one who saw him play last year and was like “why isn’t he playing a lot more?” Dude is a player. He was a player last year and he’s gonna be a player this year, too.
Nope, I thought the same. There were multiple players that should’ve seen the field more. Shenault is another one that perplexes me.

Landman was a beast in the USC game. Definitely showed he had a bright future to those paying attention.

Mulumba and Winfree were great that game too.

Get the best players on the field

Amen, but with the Landman news, which I love, and then moving Lewis, doesn't that affect Falo and Callier, two guys that I have hardly heard a word about? Seems like both of those guys are studs and will be making a difference. I have preached about Lewis being as much a Buff Back as anyone on the roster, so it will be interesting to see the playing time splits and packages that they come up with all these interchangeable people.

What is the story on Callier and Falo? They are potential game changing PAC 12 players!!!

Amen, but with the Landman news, which I love, and then moving Lewis, doesn't that affect Falo and Callier, two guys that I have hardly heard a word about? Seems like both of those guys are studs and will be making a difference. I have preached about Lewis being as much a Buff Back as anyone on the roster, so it will be interesting to see the playing time splits and packages that they come up with all these interchangeable people.

What is the story on Callier and Falo? They are potential game changing PAC 12 players!!!
Huh?

I’m surprised at the talk of Landman making some huge jump. Am I the only one who saw him play last year and was like “why isn’t he playing a lot more?” Dude is a player. He was a player last year and he’s gonna be a player this year, too.
He may have looked pretty good last year in the spot duty, but I don't think he was mentally ready to see a ton of snaps (his own position coach has admitted that he didn't know enough about the defense last year and Gamboa had to help him out). This offseason has supposedly seen him completely grasp the mental side of it and he's gained 25 lbs, so we know he is fully there physically. I think that's been the reason for the "big jump" talk.

Back