What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2018 Fall Camp Thread

Evans and McMillian combined 10-31. Many snaps against DL who are good, but typically 2nd unit.

I think we have 6 guys that can be pretty good and 7, if Morretti can stay somewhat healthy. I would like Adams to settle in on starters soon, and develop some consistency. Seems like he is always tinkering with the o-line.

I think we have 6 guys that can be pretty good and 7, if Morretti can stay somewhat healthy. I would like Adams to settle in on starters soon, and develop some consistency. Seems like he is always tinkering with the o-line.
The fact that Moretti had nerve damage with his injury is what worries me about him. He's young though, so, maybe, it'll be ok. That kind of stuff is so unpredictable.

The fact that Moretti had nerve damage with his injury is what worries me about him. He's young though, so, maybe, it'll be ok. That kind of stuff is so unpredictable.
He can win a lot of pass block battles on technique alone.

Down 6, 3 mins to go... play him.

He can win a lot of pass block battles on technique alone.

Down 6, 3 mins to go... play him.
I respect your opinion, but you want a guys 1st action to be in crunch time trying to run a no-hud offense? I’d rather use him when it’s not a game-winning situation and if he proves himself, then throw him to the wolves in crunch time

I respect your opinion, but you want a guys 1st action to be in crunch time trying to run a no-hud offense? I’d rather use him when it’s not a game-winning situation and if he proves himself, then throw him to the wolves in crunch time
Not my intent. 8-10 plays per quarter. Make sure he can play in 4Q. Pick his drives.

Lots of reasons, depth but also to give him an extra year of getting older, stronger and better. I think he could improve quite a bit. Now Lewis is playing outside, it sounds like Wells is doing well, Falo back and Taylor seems to be coming along.

Lots of reasons, depth but also to give him an extra year of getting older, stronger and better. I think he could improve quite a bit. Now Lewis is playing outside, it sounds like Wells is doing well, Falo back and Taylor seems to be coming along.
A year on the sidelines doesn’t just automatically translate into getting better. In fact, if he’s physically ready (which he is) he needs to be on the field as much as possible to get better.

Redshirting players after their true freshman year is rarely in the best interest of the team, outside of injury.

I agree with you guys, I was just thinking he's going to be situational at best this year and someone else could probably be just as effective. It sounds like he has been past up on the depth chart, I guess we will see. I only care that the best player plays and I don't think it's him. On the other hand we can recruit another one

I think the guy we "the royal we" are paying millions needs to make this decision and he needs to make the right one. The bottom expectation this year is a bowl game, otherwise probably time for him to kick S**tpiles down the road. I love what he has done for the program but, he needs to start being a bowl team every year and occasional champion at least in the south.

Last edited:
I’ve seen some stuff sparingly about Moretti but nothing concrete. Does anyone know what’s up with him? It’s been what, 2 years now since his initial injury? He benched 525 pounds this spring so you have to imagine he’s definitely got everything going well in that area. Have they said anything about him or if it’s all just precautionary? Or most likely, they’ve said nothing and nobody knows.

I’ve seen some stuff sparingly about Moretti but nothing concrete. Does anyone know what’s up with him? It’s been what, 2 years now since his initial injury? He benched 525 pounds this spring so you have to imagine he’s definitely got everything going well in that area. Have they said anything about him or if it’s all just precautionary? Or most likely, they’ve said nothing and nobody knows.
Still limping. Nerve damage. Some days better than others. Could effect him the rest of his life.

I think that was a 525lb squat, but I get what you meant. I guess the nerve issue is tough to manage.

Don’t think youth has much to do with this type of thing....Nerves can regenerate, but do so at an avg rate of about 1mm per week IIRC....regardless, it’s a slow process for everyone....and can be painful. If they won’t regenerate, there are nerve repair procedures that can be done, but that should be an absolute last result. It ain’t fun.

Don’t think youth has much to do with this type of thing....Nerves can regenerate, but do so at an avg rate of about 1mm per week IIRC....regardless, it’s a slow process for everyone....and can be painful. If they won’t regenerate, there are nerve repair procedures that can be done, but that should be an absolute last result. It ain’t fun.
Never had a nerve issue like that so I'd take your word for it.

I was talking with my daughter this evening about this, bachelor's degree in athletic training, certified athletic trainer c currently in the second year of her athletic training master's program now, nerve damage with knee reconstruction is extremely common. Usually manifest in a lack of sensation causing coaches and trainers to be overly cautious as it is difficult to gauge readiness based on feeling. Sometimes it will manifest itself as hyper nerve activity causing more pain than should be present at that point of rehabilitation. No idea what type some nerve damage he is dealing with.

I was talking with my daughter this evening about this, bachelor's degree in athletic training, certified athletic trainer c currently in the second year of her athletic training master's program now, nerve damage with knee reconstruction is extremely common. Usually manifest in a lack of sensation causing coaches and trainers to be overly cautious as it is difficult to gauge readiness based on feeling. Sometimes it will manifest itself as hyper nerve activity causing more pain than should be present at that point of rehabilitation. No idea what type some nerve damage he is dealing with.
This makes sense. My mother had a knee replacement done several years ago due to arthritis. There was some nerve damage as a result of the surgery and to this day she says the knee is as painful as it was before the surgery. ☹️

The limp could be caused by tightness, fluid, or scar tissue. When you can't get a zero degree flexion (straighten your leg), it causes a limp.

Sometimes it will manifest itself as hyper nerve activity causing more pain than should be present at that point of rehabilitation. No idea what type some nerve damage he is dealing with.
That’s the condition in cases like this that end up lingering and can be a humongous pain in the ass (especially for an athlete). I have no idea if that’s what he’s dealing with, as it tends to manifest in more severe physical injuries/trama. Regardless, nerve damage is terrible, can cause a ton of discomfort, and can be a mystery sometimes as how to best fix it. Best case is, he simply just needs more time for his body to do its thing....cause the alternatives are MUCH more complicated.

Not just fluff from Adams and Mac. Mac gave some good insight on LB position and I learned from what both said about OL. They seem a little higher on Moretti being able to play than us fans. Depth obviously a concern at OL.
Elliot didn’t reveal much and seemed like he couldn’t wait to get out of there.

Back