What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
CSU has been pretty close with Boise in terms of attendance even with a lesser product on the field. They have better facilities, more money, more local talent, more booster support. Yes like I said Boise has been better, won more games and have been doing that long time.
I actually don't know that. Got any support for this or is this just opinion? Also, it's not like the local talent available to CSU is great. Meh.

Attachments

• 1575566541388.png
    1575566541388.png
    5.4 KB · Views: 9
Would be pretty cool to have AA coaches at both CU and CSU. Could be a stretch but he would recruit the hell out of that place.
Yeah, he would definitely bring that recruiting edge to CSU. Can't help but think about Embree/CU with that hire, though. I think Alford would need a strong staff, including a very experienced OL coach, and an experienced DC, assuming Alford would be the defacto OC.

UNLV is historically dismal. Since inception in 1968 as a DII Indy they are 243-341-4, with 4 bowl games.
Bobby Houck went 15-49 from 2010 thru 2014; Tony Sanchez 20-40 from 2015-2019. We have relatives there. The locals Do. Not. Care. Now you may sell a few more one-off curiosity tickets once they start playing in the new venue but UNLV would be a very tough place from which to launch a HC career. Would be a bad move for Arroyo. UNR is the more stable and happenin' MWC program in NV, by quite a bit. Remember when John Robinson got sucked into the UNLV Potential story? Wash, Repeat, Rinse.....
I have heard that the Pac-12 may be more interested in Nevada than UNLV if the conference decides to expand into the state. Both did get rated Carnegie Tier 1 research this year, so they can be considered peer institutions to conference members -- just not ones that raise the academic profile. Problem with UNR is the football stadium is barely adequate for the MWC. They've got a lot of work to do in order to become a top tier G5 job, let alone something more. It's easier to see the path with UNLV based on metro population, facilities, proximity to SoCal & AZ for recruiting, and local talent. I think UNLV could quickly become a great G5 job, actually. History quickly becomes irrelevant if you have a really good 5-10 year run.

Love the annual "How good of a job is CSU" debate!

To get the thread back on track, Tony Alford being mentioned as a serious candidate for that job. Played at CSU, has been around a lot of big time programs, and known as a pretty good recruiter, but doesn't have any coordinator experience. Rumors that Urban was in Fort Collins to do some lobbying on Alford's behalf. CSU could do worse, IMO.
They can, but I don't see him being successful. It's few and far between on guys who don't have lower level HC experience or coordinator experience who have success when they get the gig. An Asst/Associate HC title is usually only a reason to pay a guy more and keep him on staff when he doesn't have clear path to be a coordinator or isn't right for the coordinator job on the staff.

Blake Anderson emerging as Missou target. He hired Sexton as his agent, so he's getting ready to make that leap.

I like this hire. Good guy. Hard worker. Knows area, coaches. Ready personally for challenge.

Yeah, he would definitely bring that recruiting edge to CSU. Can't help but think about Embree/CU with that hire, though. I think Alford would need a strong staff, including a very experienced OL coach, and an experienced DC, assuming Alford would be the defacto OC.
Big ask for all those things to line up. If he was the defacto OC I would imagine it would go a lot like EB. Similar resumes, but with EB having more NFL experience at the time. When we hired him he was Asst HC/RB coach for the Vikings.

I have heard that the Pac-12 may be more interested in Nevada than UNLV if the conference decides to expand into the state. Both did get rated Carnegie Tier 1 research this year, so they can be considered peer institutions to conference members -- just not ones that raise the academic profile. Problem with UNR is the football stadium is barely adequate for the MWC. They've got a lot of work to do in order to become a top tier G5 job, let alone something more. It's easier to see the path with UNLV based on metro population, facilities, proximity to SoCal & AZ for recruiting, and local talent. I think UNLV could quickly become a great G5 job, actually. History quickly becomes irrelevant if you have a really good 5-10 year run.

Yeah, but historically UNLV has been the sirens luring the sailors to the rocks. Note the last 2 hires. Arroyo should be able to start as a HC at a better G5 job than UNLV.

I actually don't know that. Got any support for this or is this just opinion? Also, it's not like the local talent available to CSU is great. Meh.
CSU raised almost $60 Million for their stadium, that is much more than anything Boise State does and doesn't include naming rights or anything from their mega donor (another thing Boise doesn't have). CSU as a university has a lot more money than Boise too.

The front range has a lot more talent, especially for the MW, than Boise, Idaho. That isn't even an argument.

CSU raised almost $60 Million for their stadium, that is much more than anything Boise State does and doesn't include naming rights or anything from their mega donor (another thing Boise doesn't have). CSU as a university has a lot more money than Boise too.

The front range has a lot more talent, especially for the MW, than Boise, Idaho. That isn't even an argument.
So, opinion without support. got it. Moving along.

So, opinion without support. got it. Moving along.
Is this your dumbass reply to everything. Again, google is your friend. Use it. The coloradoan published a bunch of articles about it and if you are too lazy to look at them then just stop talking about it.

Is this your dumbass reply to everything. Again, google is your friend. Use it. The coloradoan published a bunch of articles about it and if you are too lazy to look at them then just stop talking about it.
I was asking you to support your opinion. you couldn't or wouldn't. I have not insulted you. I do appreciate the irony in your last sentence. I wonder if you realize the self burn. Take care.

I was asking you to support your opinion. you couldn't or wouldn't. I have not insulted you. I do appreciate the irony in your last sentence. I wonder if you realize the self burn. Take care.
This isn't an opinon, that is what CSU raised for their stadium. Boise State has never had a facilities project with that much money raised. Go ahead and look.

Play in a winnable conference. Decent talent base. They pay well. Good facilities. People acting like it is a ****ty G5 job are just hating.

Well, I never said it was horrible or that I “hate” CSU. The issue is whether it is good as compared to what.

Disagree if you want, but please don’t put words or meaning in my mouth.

Well, I never said it was horrible or that I “hate” CSU. The issue is whether it is good as compared to what.

Disagree if you want, but please don’t put words or meaning in my mouth.

Implying the only reason someone should be interested in CSU is the ag school aspect comes off as hating.

Implying the only reason someone should be interested in CSU is the ag school aspect comes off as hating.

Then let me clarify: I grew up in CO, multiple members of my family and friends attended CSU. My feeling, based on family/friend history and my own decision not to go there, is the result of those experiences. It's ag programs are very good, others ok. Nothing too controversial there.

I don't hate CSU. I just disagree with the notion it's anything other than a middle-of-the-road school.

Then let me clarify: I grew up in CO, multiple members of my family and friends attended CSU. My feeling, based on family/friend history and my own decision not to go there, is the result of those experiences. It's ag programs are very good, others ok. Nothing too controversial there.

I don't hate CSU. I just disagree with the notion it's anything other than a middle-of-the-road school.

The whole discussion you jumped into spun out of control when people started implying CSU was a bad job. We have people saying service academies are better jobs. :ROFLMAO:

The whole discussion you jumped into spun out of control when people started implying CSU was a bad job. We have people saying service academies are better jobs. :ROFLMAO:
So just curious (and asking with all civility, seriousness and lack of any real insight): what makes them not good?

I just wrote and deleted a long post on CSU.

I'm posting this instead.

STOP TURNING THE CAROUSEL THREAD INTO A CSU PROGRAM & INSTITUTION PRESTIGE DEBATE THREAD.

If you want to have that conversation, we have old threads that can be bumped or a new thread can be started.

Thank you.

So just curious (and asking with all civility, seriousness and lack of any real insight): what makes them not good?

Service academies severely limit: head coaching talent pool, assistant coaching talent pool, player talent pool, and schemes overall.

I just wrote and deleted a long post on CSU.

I'm posting this instead.

STOP TURNING THE CAROUSEL THREAD INTO A CSU PROGRAM & INSTITUTION PRESTIGE DEBATE THREAD.

If you want to have that conversation, we have old threads that can be bumped or a new thread can be started.

Thank you.

Just prune it to a new thread called “Ranking the G5 Jobs”.

So bidding war between Ole Miss and Arkansas for Kiffin? Arkansas might want to bid up the price and make a division opponent pay a **** ton for that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back