What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2019/20 CFB Coaching Carousel

Status
Not open for further replies.
No. It wouldn't shock me to see Bohn keep him-I don't think he's a competent AD.
Bohn is a good solider and follows marching orders. First order will be to fire Helton. Now where he Bohns it, is not having Urban or another HC lined up and draws it out with a search consulting firm. Options get limited and he does a hire panic. That or he hires Matt Lineart on the cheap with Mark Sanchez as his OC. Did you forget his MO?

Bohn is a good solider and follows marching orders. First order will be to fire Helton. Now where he Bohns it, is not having Urban or another HC lined up and draws it out with a search consulting firm. Options get limited and he does a hire panic. That or he hires Matt Lineart on the cheap with Mark Sanchez as his OC. Did you forget his MO?

I don't think he's going to need to go that cheap-Jack Del Rio will take that job if its offered to him. He's their guy if they make a change.

I don't think he's going to need to go that cheap-Jack Del Rio will take that job if its offered to him. He's their guy if they make a change.
Seems like they need to make a few others say no before they offer it to del Rio. I think Fort wants to go outside the family.

Seems like they need to make a few others say no before they offer it to del Rio. I think Fort wants to go outside the family.

I think they've got time to do that with 1-2 guys. They can't afford a Tennessee type of search debacle.

Dude. Zero chance JDR is their guy if they make a change. He is likely multiple names down the list
Urban is clearly their #1 choice. Whether they actually hire him is another story. Their backup plans are way more vague. Del Rio could very well be the top choice not named “Urban Meyer”.

Urban is clearly their #1 choice. Whether they actually hire him is another story. Their backup plans are way more vague. Del Rio could very well be the top choice not named “Urban Meyer”.
You really think the only Pac 12 Blue Blood is going to replace Helton with a guy who hasn’t worked in a couple years and was only mediocre in the NFL the last time he was coaching? The only reason for doing that is because he’s an SC guy. Nothing else.

You really think the only Pac 12 Blue Blood is going to replace Helton with a guy who hasn’t worked in a couple years and was only mediocre in the NFL the last time he was coaching? The only reason for doing that is because he’s an SC guy. Nothing else.
Hiring mediocre NFL coaches has worked out pretty well for USC. It would be a very USC thing to do.

That's how USC operates though-they haven't gone outside their family for a football coach in 20 years. Bohnhead can sell JDR as Pete Carroll with USC ties.

That's how USC operates though-they haven't gone outside their family for a football coach in 20 years. Bohnhead can sell JDR as Pete Carroll with USC ties.

USC needs to outside their family - staying within the family with recent coaching and AD hires is why they're currently in this mess

USC does what the big money booster tell them to do, that's why they hired Swan, he was an SC guy. When he didn't work they hired Bohn, a guy with an established name as an AD but who they know will be a yes man when they want him to be.

In their minds the next step is Urban because well, they are USC and they want Urban. They probably figure that they can throw enough money at him to get him interested and that he can't turn them down because they are SC.

He may very well burst their bubble then because they didn't expect it they panic. At that point unless they get early interest from somebody else who is in their minds a big enough name they will likely turn to JDR because he is an SC guy, a former NFL HC, and plays the game well with the boosters.

That in a nutshell is why a program with the history and the advantages of USC is no longer the dominant program in the PAC.

Taggart out at FSU
Leavitt be like
EarlyDeliciousKentrosaurus-size_restricted.gif

I never understood why that guy got hired by not one, but two high end P5 programs. That one year at USF was nice, but damn.

Any rumors for early names at FSU?

Didn't expect it to happen quite this soon but I guess they've seen enough and the attendance has been very poor

Buzzed Kirk Herbstreit destroying FSU here in the video he and Fowler did last night. I'm gonna spitball some names for FSU. Biggest thing with that gig is the YUGE buyout they owe Taggart. Try these-

Josh Heupel-He's 19-3 or something at UCF? I'd think he'd have to be on their list.
Jack Del Rio-I don't know if he's got any ties there, but his twitter profile says he's living in Destin (about three hours from Tallahassee) right now.
Mike Elko-DC at A&M. Works for a guy in Jimbo who won a natty there five years ago.
PJ Fleck has Florida connections-He's a former Bucs AC who has a $9m buyout at Minnesota.
Could they take a flyer on a guy like Hugh Freeze?

Last edited:
Not really a fan of making such a quick switch with Taggert (maybe Embree had a point about black coaches), but no doubt the team looked bad and there is a bit of schadenfreude for the way he jilted Oregon after one year. $17 million will ease his suffering.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back