What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2022 Bowl Games Thread

His helmet hit the UM player's back. But yes the defender did lower his head - is it still targeting if the helmet doesn't hit the head of the offensive player? I don't think so but am not sure.

I thought the call was borderline enough that it shouldn't be called in a situation where it would extend the game.
This is untrue. He lowered his helmet and launched himself with the crown of his helmet into the neck of a receiver falling to the ground. Textbook targeting.

I feel for the Michigan fans who traveled. They are now stuck in Phoenix on New Years Eve with a close loss and nothing to do but go back to their chain hotel and drink.

They hit the transfer portal very hard.
Joining Welcome Home GIF

This is untrue. He lowered his helmet and launched himself with the crown of his helmet into the neck of a receiver falling to the ground. Textbook targeting.

What part? I said the defender lowered his head. He hit the player in his upper back and it may have rolled into the neck area as the UM player was going down. It was a borderline call and could've gone either way.

That aside, it was an illegal forward pass by Michigan on the same play.

EDIT: After looking again there was no illegal forward pass

Last edited:
What part? I said the defender lowered his head. He hit the player in his upper back and it may have rolled into the neck area as the UM player was going down. It was a borderline call and could've gone either way.

You didn’t mention that there was forceable contact to the neck area. You only said it hit his back.

It was not borderline. It was clear and obvious targeting. It was another blown call by that referee crew.

Very convenient that those who probably had money on Michigan want to take about the officiating instead of things like Harbaugh's weird-ass trick play on that 4th down early in the game or the fact that Michigan's defense had a 50 burger put on them.

I think tOSU wins this game.

All year, I've believed they are the most talented team in the country. The Michigan loss was just one of those games when there are a handful of inexcusable plays or they were on track to roll them.

I really thought the refs were going to review that targeting into an ejection and a UM first down at the 40.
You have been watching too many PAC12 games.

Actually on the replay I thought it was a targeting as well, met the definition in the rulebook and the intent of the rule, that was a potentially dangerous hit for both players.

There also was not an illegal forward pass. The ball never passed the line of scrimmage nor was there another forward pass prior to the throw, the receiver was an eligible receiver.

Don't think it would have mattered though because Michigan did not have their stuff together and I don't think they would have scored.

They lost the game early on with wasting a red zone possession. The long pass that ended up inside the one you can argue the replay but 1st and goal inside the one you have to score, you don't fumble it away. And their time management left them in chaos at the end.

Easy to make the argument that Michigan lost this game as much as TCU won it but the scoreboard doesn't lie.

Back