What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023-24 MBB Season Thread

Not that it means a darn thing...

Dick Vitale's Preseason Top 25 teams​

1. Kansas Jayhawks
2. Duke Blue Devils
3. Purdue Boilermakers
4. Michigan State Spartans
5. UConn Huskies
6. Marquette Golden Eagles
7. Houston Cougars
8. Creighton Bluejays
9. Gonzaga Bulldogs
10. Tennessee Volunteers
11. Florida Atlantic Owls
12. Arizona Wildcats
13. Kentucky Wildcats
14. Arkansas Razorbacks
15. North Carolina Tar Heels
16. Miami Hurricanes
17. Texas A&M Aggies
18. Villanova Wildcats
19. San Diego State Aztecs
20. USC Trojans
21. Baylor Bears
22. Saint Mary's Gaels
23. Texas Longhorns
24. Colorado Buffaloes
25. St. John's Red Storm

Fun watch! One note Tad mentions J'Vonne being a Junior this year, making it clear he will probably use his 5th year! Love that for buffs 24-25. Love having a lunch pail, glue guy on every roster. Him and Luke both have that in them. Sounds like this will be Luke's last year though.

Holy Moly That Hurt GIF by Northwest Motorsport

So its going to be interesting to see the starters and rotation out of the gate. Id bet on KJ, Cody, Hadley (if he developed any perimeter shot) or LOB, TDS, Lampkin. Hammond in the mix; and also hopefully Hurlburt, Smith able to provide some minimal quality minutes but no idea on their development, or Diop, Anderson, Dak??

We'll have to wait and see 1) if that tournament still goes ahead, 2) if it's still in Maui/HI if it does, and 3) if our conference switch screws with our appearance (ISU is also slated for the '24 field). Let's just say I've paused my planning for that trip.

We'll have to wait and see 1) if that tournament still goes ahead, 2) if it's still in Maui/HI if it does, and 3) if our conference switch screws with our appearance (ISU is also slated for the '24 field). Let's just say I've paused my planning for that trip.
My guess is that they'll play it in Honolulu

So its going to be interesting to see the starters and rotation out of the gate. Id bet on KJ, Cody, Hadley (if he developed any perimeter shot) or LOB, TDS, Lampkin. Hammond in the mix; and also hopefully Hurlburt, Smith able to provide some minimal quality minutes but no idea on their development, or Diop, Anderson, Dak??
No need to speculate. These are the "starters" running in practice right now:
KJ
Williams
Hadley
TDS
Lampkin

LOB, Hammond and Hurlburt first group "off the bench."

My guess is that they'll play it in Honolulu
They did Asheville and Vegas in the covid years. *blech* Just don't do that again. There's something distasteful in having it anywhere other than Maui, yet I don't think it's right to *hold* it in Maui while they rebuild. They'll need the tourist revenue, but it just feels ugly. Just another color of the same exploitative story of the Islands.

I agree Honolulu makes sense, especially as the Diamond Head Classic is in December, so there's no immediate conflict with the Stan Sheriff's normal rotation.

Long-term, the Lahaina locale was central to its image and status -- that tiny gym, that tiny, old town. It's what I've long dreamed of attending. Without it, the tournament loses its gloss and will just become like all the rest -- forgettable/interchangeable MTEs.

No need to speculate. These are the "starters" running in practice right now:
KJ
Williams
Hadley
TDS
Lampkin

LOB, Hammond and Hurlburt first group "off the bench."
Hurlburt is someone I am excited to see. And a more consistent LOB. Has to happen eventually right?

They did Asheville and Vegas in the covid years. *blech* Just don't do that again. There's something distasteful in having it anywhere other than Maui, yet I don't think it's right to *hold* it in Maui while they rebuild. They'll need the tourist revenue, but it just feels ugly. Just another color of the same exploitative story of the Islands.

I agree Honolulu makes sense, especially as the Diamond Head Classic is in December, so there's no immediate conflict with the Stan Sheriff's normal rotation.

Long-term, the Lahaina locale was central to its image and status -- that tiny gym, that tiny, old town. It's what I've long dreamed of attending. Without it, the tournament loses its gloss and will just become like all the rest -- forgettable/interchangeable MTEs.

Exactly my thoughts as well. My family and I circled Maui as our trip next year as soon as it was announced. Always a bit of a dream to go to Maui, and watch high level basketball in such a little gym. Moving it to somewhere else, heh, not really going to move the needle for me.

Years ago when CU was in Maui at first with Maryland (Grew up a huge UMD fan), and that was my dream setup, but alas, I also didn't have the money to make it happen then, still kicking myself for not looking to make that happen.

Let's be honest, BYU played in a one team conference.
Simply not true. St. Mary's has been consistently Top 25 level and other programs have flashed. WCC isn't the Big East and the bottom half of the league isn't on the same level as even the A-10, but it is not a 1 team league.

Simply not true. St. Mary's has been consistently Top 25 level and other programs have flashed. WCC isn't the Big East and the bottom half of the league isn't on the same level as even the A-10, but it is not a 1 team league.
A rotating cast of San Francisco, Santa Clara, and LMU have had some really good teams in the last several years. USF had a well deserved at large bid to the tournament two years ago and got underseeded, and lost to an underseeded Murray st team

Back