What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Bowl Games Thread

I think this may be the moment that bowl games have completely jumped the shark.

The CFP and transfer portal will truly be the death knell, but K-State eating a giant pop tart will be the moment bowl games got their diagnosis as being terminally ill in my mind.

Meh, the Duke's Mayo Bowl has been dumping a tub of mayonnaise on the winning coach for 3 years now

Very few details about his education.

Has an accounting degree is the only detail.

Probably has an extra degree's worth of non transferrable credits too.

Oh for sure. Even though I've never been a D1 athlete or a PhD candidate, I feel comfortable believing that those two things are incompatible.

I don't get the people who want to end them. If you don't enjoy them anymore, don't watch. That's the choice I made so far, but will probably end up tuning in a bit. Bottom line is that CFB on tv is better than no CFB on tv.
A lot of schools who aren't the mega-money programs get a reward for a good (or at least decent) season. Fans get an excuse to go someplace and have a good time. We get to watch or not watch on TV as we choose, nobody forcing us.

And even for the top schools 90+% of the kids out there aren't going to have a career in the pros. Let them get one more week of attention and maybe have a great memory of their time playing college football.

In a lot of those cities this is a down time of year for tourism. If each school brings in say 5,000 fans for the game with buying meals, hotel rooms, seeing the sights, buying things in the stores, etc. the impact can be significant.

Pop tart has some moves

GCf8NFEbsAAO4dP

GCicvjUWgAACqNX

He gets around. Was the Pop Tart in Dallas 22 November 1963?

I still watch the Bowls, but they just aren't as compelling when you know only the CFP has any impact on the MNC. Granted, the Liberty Bowl, for instance, was never a player, but all bowls save the CFP Bowls are exhibition games, especially when players sit out because they are going into the draft, transferring etc.

Why does Ohio State have a fullback playing QB? They didn't have a backup to McCord?

Nevermind - stupid thought - players skipping these games won't be as big of a deal starting next year.

Last edited:
Back