What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Very smart spacing. To me, that's very Prime CB tech. He didn't have to be in the WR's hip pocket exactly; he has space to read and react while still being just a step away when the ball is thrown. I recall seeing a bunch of NFL film of Prime doing exactly that. There was that old question during his time in the NFL: was Prime allowing WRs look open so a QB would throw his way and he could get a pick?

Cormani can probably tighten up that spacing a bit over time, but that's a great sign of some good technique building up.

Why?

If the answer is altitude then it is a distance advantage. It doesn't help with blocking, tackling, speed or accuracy.
Frankly, I've always been concerned that the visitors are on the side of the mountains at Folsom. Anyone who has ever played golf knows the green slopes away from the mountain. This long-standing tradition gives the visitors a significant advantage over the course of the game. They are simply higher up, mountains at their back. Classic strategic advantage position. /s

At my age, I would be annoyed by any coach who wasn't nice and relaxed, completely positive, glowing in his/her praise, unflinchingly optimistic, and certain that I already know far more than would ever be necessary to succeed... in anything... any time... on any plane of existence.

But... I'm very coachable.
kansas-city-chiefs-royals_jun.gif

Frankly, I've always been concerned that the visitors are on the side of the mountains at Folsom. Anyone who has ever played golf knows the green slopes away from the mountain. This long-standing tradition gives the visitors a significant advantage over the course of the game. They are simply higher up, mountains at their back. Classic strategic advantage position. /s
I know you’re joking. But for a year or so back in the 80’s, they actually did change up the sidelines. Something about being in the shade in afternoon games IIRC.

Coach Prime was educating Brian on the tweets BH made about Kopp getting screwed and it being unfair under the NCAA that first year HCs can cut so many guys but those guys aren't accommodated.
I saw the tweets, but didn't realize Prime commented on them. Any video of this engagement??

high ground GIF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back