What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also ripped Rooney a new one at 16:30 mark. šŸ˜‚
Iā€™d be terrified to ask him a question haha

Yak: ā€œcoach, the TE position seems to be a little bit lacking in the talent and big play departmeā€¦ā€

Prime: ā€œhow you going to ask me about the TE group when I just said the WR group was so dern talented? The TE group is going to be outstanding because thatā€™s what we expect, so I donā€™t even want to think like thatā€

kansas-city-chiefs-royals_jun.gif
EB will be out of the NFL within 3 years. Book it.

Howell May have hit the portal after that confrontation lol
I didn't get the vibe from CP that was negative or condescending. It was more a comment on all the hot takes to his tweet. Most of them ****ty hot takes.
Pretty sure it's about this, but maybe something different?

The essence of what Brian said is true. Fact the NCAA allows new coaches to cut players. Fact, those players can maintain scholarships, but have to give up the sport.

So why shouldn't the NCAA allow free transfer after a coaching change. I could see a potential lawsuit here if one would press it and based on recent SCOTUS attitudes towards the NCAA I think the rule would fail under an unfair restraint of trade. It is a one way no-compete clause which says the school can get rid of you but you can't leave without being punished.

Anytime there is a coaching change, players should be free to go where they want. They shouldn't have to wait until the new coach evaluates them, if there are offers, they should be allowed to take them.

The whole 1-time free transfer is bull**** anyway. It has been proven numerous times that the exemptions are arbitrary and tend to get approved for high profile players to big time programs. It is just another archaic holdover to a time when the NCAA controlled every aspect of the player.

What we need is reform in the player contracts to make it both fair to the schools and players, including the right to terminate by each party after a coaching change without change in eligibility regardless of prior transfer status.

Also ripped Rooney a new one at 16:30 mark. šŸ˜‚
I was surprised at that one, other than it made a lame ass backup QB competition question more memorable. Coach Prime said the same, "that's Shedeur your starting QB, he has to earn it of course" at the introduction. "Obviously" didn't seem indicative or nepotism at this point when #2 has been leading the team since day 1. Perhaps this is a bit of personality dropping and CP putting Rooney on the hot seat.

For that matter I didn't catch antagonism in his approach to Howell. BH is one of the day in day out media guys and CP was commenting on what he had stepped in. I took it as a coaching up his core media the same way he does his players and staff. Fast. Smart. Tough. These guys that have been at every presser will elevate in his standing when they show that they can match his candor and confidence when he has something to ask them about. (IMO). For that I would give BH a C today, he didn't fold like a wet sheet, but said he wasn't enjoying it. If he'd shrugged it off as part of the job and countered with ' 'don't you feel the NCAA screwed the kids who had to move on from here' he may have gotten an A.

On the presser CP moments, I loved the bit where someone was asking about Coordinators and said he couldn't see everything on the field. "Yes I can." Every week these are great. We are so blessed as fans to have all this in our laps, and we are 21 days from a game!

Howell May have hit the portal after that confrontation lol
Brian Howell has covered CU football through a lot of miserable seasons. Itā€™s not a fun job and now we have some hope. So I think he deserves some credit for hanging on with the program.

But at the same time, donā€™t add to the negativity about how CP is building a team. We all know that some people outside the program and outside of Boulder keep criticizing Coach Prime for cutting players and using the portal. But those people donā€™t seem to criticize schools like Bama or other programs at the top for taking in transfers through the portal. Where is the outrage about USC last year? Seems like some people donā€™t want Prime to be successful. Brian isnā€™t one of those people but there is so much positive stuff to focus on, I hope he just gets to write some good stuff and enjoy a great season. As for the haters from outside of Boulder and our program, CP is going to show them how itā€™s done and win. And Brian is gonna have a good time covering it.

I was surprised at that one, other than it made a lame ass backup QB competition question more memorable. Coach Prime said the same, "that's Shedeur your starting QB, he has to earn it of course" at the introduction. "Obviously" didn't seem indicative or nepotism at this point when #2 has been leading the team since day 1. Perhaps this is a bit of personality dropping and CP putting Rooney on the hot seat.

For that matter I didn't catch antagonism in his approach to Howell. BH is one of the day in day out media guys and CP was commenting on what he had stepped in. I took it as a coaching up his core media the same way he does his players and staff. Fast. Smart. Tough. These guys that have been at every presser will elevate in his standing when they show that they can match his candor and confidence when he has something to ask them about. (IMO). For that I would give BH a C today, he didn't fold like a wet sheet, but said he wasn't enjoying it. If he'd shrugged it off as part of the job and countered with ' 'don't you feel the NCAA screwed the kids who had to move on from here' he may have gotten an A.

On the presser CP moments, I loved the bit where someone was asking about Coordinators and said he couldn't see everything on the field. "Yes I can." Every week these are great. We are so blessed as fans to have all this in our laps, and we are 21 days from a game!
It's disrespectful. When coaches say that ****, they aren't talking about the studs. They aren't talking about Shedeur or Travis. He didn't say that stupid **** for Travis, he said that stupid **** for Shedeur. You want to trigger Prime. Underrated Shedeur who's film is extremely good. If you want to cry competition, didn't Travis play against the same comp and not even do as well as Shedeur.

It just shows the lack of doing your homework or watching film and you suppose to be a journalist. Shedeur would literally be the starting QB for every school in the SEC right now and he's questioning a QB comp at Colorado of all places with Shedeur.

That question triggered me too. I don't think some of the writers here realize how good some of these players are like Shane, Shedeur, and some others. They just don't understand the game like that and it's frustrating.

It's disrespectful. When coaches say that ****, they aren't talking about the studs. They aren't talking about Shedeur or Travis. He didn't say that stupid **** for Travis, he said that stupid **** for Shedeur. You want to trigger Prime. Underrated Shedeur who's film is extremely good. If you want to cry competition, didn't Travis play against the same comp and not even do as well as Shedeur.

It just shows the lack of doing your homework or watching film and you suppose to be a journalist. Shedeur would literally be the starting QB for every school in the SEC right now and he's questioning a QB comp at Colorado of all places with Shedeur.

That question triggered me too. I don't think some of the writers here realize how good some of these players are like Shane, Shedeur, and some others. They just don't understand the game like that and it's frustrating.
I honestly donā€™t know how you (or Prime) took ā€œSince youā€™re set with Shedeur at QB1ā€ as disrespectful. Is that statement not a fact? How does that imply that Shedeur didnā€™t earn it? It wasnā€™t a question about a QB competition between Shedeur and anyone else. It was a question about the backup job.

And nobody is asking about Travis because heā€™s a CB and WR and there are 2-3 of each on the field at any given time. Not to mention QB is the position and naturally gets the questions anyways.

I honestly donā€™t know how you (or Prime) took ā€œSince youā€™re set with Shedeur at QB1ā€ as disrespectful. Is that statement not a fact? How does that imply that Shedeur didnā€™t earn it? It wasnā€™t a question about a QB competition between Shedeur and anyone else. It was a question about the backup job.

And nobody is asking about Travis because heā€™s a CB and WR and there are 2-3 of each on the field at any given time. Not to mention QB is the position and naturally gets the questions anyways.
Since youā€™re set with Tom Brady at QB1, how do you feel with the competition behind him?

Idk what the problem is here. People being p***** tbh. Same with the ones calling Brian a racist and that one lady called him a Klan member. Wtf are we doing people? Grow up

Since youā€™re set with Tom Brady at QB1, how do you feel with the competition behind him?

Idk what the problem is here. People being p***** tbh. Same with the ones calling Brian a racist and that one lady called him a Klan member. Wtf are we doing people? Grow up
Someone called Brian a racist? I think he is a dumb****, but not a racist.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back