What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
When was the last time you saw a player tossed from a game without throwing a punch? It would have been offsetting personal fouls and everyone would move on.
The word “fight” was in coach’es quote so that presumes punches. Just an odd message to send if you’re looking at real game time.

But what does lift, and thus aerodynamics, have to do with helicopters? I thought their method of flight was sorcery.
It is, and there is a massive USFG cover-up going on to protect the technology that we’ve stollen from UAP’s. It’s been caught on film many times, even though this guy tries to “explain” it away with “science”

It’s a mindset of having your teammate’s back no matter what. Shoulder to Shoulder, ya know?
I completely get that and I’m on board Yak. But young guys sometimes take things literally. I’d just hate to lose a game because of an off-the-wall unnecessary brawl.

I completely get that and I’m on board Yak. But young guys sometimes take things literally. I’d just hate to lose a game because of an off-the-wall unnecessary brawl.
CP is not telling anyone to brawl. You come across like a 'get off my lawn' guy. CP is teaching them the importance of support and confidence. This is a coachsble moment about being together, which makes sense since there 75ish new players all focused on their time to have an impact. Rest assured, he will also tell players repeatedly not to fight during games.

Grampa Simpson Meme GIF by MOODMAN

CP is not telling anyone to brawl. You come across like a 'get off my lawn' guy. CP is teaching them the importance of support and confidence. This is a coachsble moment about being together, which makes sense since there 75ish new players all focused on their time to have an impact. Rest assured, he will also tell players repeatedly not to fight during games.
Well, he actually did. But I’ll take your word that it’s just internet motivational stuff and not real instructions. I’m just used to taking language literally.

He was upset at guys who were already on the field trotting off while their teammates were in a scrum. They absolutely should be backing up teammates and that's not against the rules as long as they don't throw a punch.

He was upset at guys who were already on the field trotting off while their teammates were in a scrum. They absolutely should be backing up teammates and that's not against the rules as long as they don't throw a punch.
He shouldn't have been. You run towards a fight during a real game and get into the scrum, punches or not, and you're subjecting yourself to bunch of emotional officials. Some of whom are going to be laying for CU anyway. I'm moving on. Can't wait for the first game.....

Last edited:
Great for motivation in practices I suppose but the 180 degree opposite of what you want to do in a real game unless you want 6 or 8 guys tossed. Sorry to be a downer.
I thought the same thing. The entire team will fight and everyone of them will be so disciplined not to get a penalty?

Come on people. This happens in every training camp. It happens a handful of times during a season. Coaches don't want to see punches thrown. Players know not to throw punches. The number of ejections for "fighting" is in the single digits across all of CFB.

Prime wants the players to have each other's back, no matter what. That is what he is teaching. If someone is shoving your running back to the ground after the whistle, he wants the OL to be there to defend him.

This isn't rocket science. This isn't a new concept. You back up your teammates. Always.

Come on people. This happens in every training camp. It happens a handful of times during a season. Coaches don't want to see punches thrown. Players know not to throw punches. The number of ejections for "fighting" is in the single digits across all of CFB.

Prime wants the players to have each other's back, no matter what. That is what he is teaching. If someone is shoving your running back to the ground after the whistle, he wants the OL to be there to defend him.

This isn't rocket science. This isn't a new concept. You back up your teammates. Always.
BUT COACH PRIME SAID IF ONE FIGHTS WE ALL FIGHT, SO THAT HAS TO MEAN THAT THE ENTIRE TEAM WILL START THROWING PUNCHES AND GET EJECTED AND WE'LL LOSE GAMES BECAUSE THEY'RE FIGHTINGGGGGG ARRHRHJADSKFJHASDKLGFJHKSLDGJLSKD!!!!

Great for motivation in practices I suppose but the 180 degree opposite of what you want to do in a real game unless you want 6 or 8 guys tossed. Sorry to be a downer.
This is all OK in practice. I assume Prime will teach game boundaries.

Offense vs defense.

This happens in every training camp, every year, at just about all levels of football. Why are people acting like this is some new concept?
I was just making a snarky comment. i have no issue with some aggression during camp.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back