What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Well Off video from yesterday showed McCaskill in pads (yello jersey, but participating in practice) talking to Prime and CP saying, “I need you for the game not practice”. They went on to show them talking about how McCaskill says he feels good and CP saying it’s about how he feels after multiple days.

Felt like they were talking like McCaskill will be ready to go on 9/2, but CP is just being extra careful
One plus that the first 2 games will solve will be separating (or confirming) the Prime internet show from the real world. It could go either way.

This is all very interesting and fun to watch. I respect Prime for putting his Rep out there so publicly. Not a lot of guys will do that.

Last edited:
The Well Off video from yesterday showed McCaskill in pads (yello jersey, but participating in practice) talking to Prime and CP saying, “I need you for the game not practice”. They went on to show them talking about how McCaskill says he feels good and CP saying it’s about how he feels after multiple days.

Felt like they were talking like McCaskill will be ready to go on 9/2, but CP is just being extra careful

Prime is not some old school "you have to practice to play" coach. Having been "that guy," he's never gonna buy into that kinda thing. He'll let a guy skip practice if he thinks it will help him win. Much like showing up in Boulder and saying "I'm bringing in better players" instead of "everyone will have the chance to compete." I'm sure this rubs a lot of people (boomers, mostly) the wrong way, but it's way more honest that the usual BS coaches sling.

Prime is not some old school "you have to practice to play" coach. Having been "that guy," he's never gonna buy into that kinda thing. He'll let a guy skip practice if he thinks it will help him win. Much like showing up in Boulder and saying "I'm bringing in better players" instead of "everyone will have the chance to compete." I'm sure this rubs a lot of people (boomers, mostly) the wrong way, but it's way more honest that the usual BS coaches sling.
Coaches know the players who can really play

Coaches know the players who can really play
Everything else about college football has become a business, so why not practice? At this point if it were me I'd run out 10-11 certain players for stretching and game week install only, then send them directly to the sideline until 9/2.

The Broncos ran that NASCAR formation on long 3rd downs, so to save DL depth, do not use any of them on 3rd downs that are obvious passing. 3-4 ends standing up works fine.

Do colleges/NCAA run PED testing during the season? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of any violations, sanctions, or suspensions for that, which seems like the dog that didn’t bark.
Yes. Random testing. But it's pretty well accepted that it's not designed to catch people but to deter people. Baseball taught all major sports that catching the cheaters is not good for the sport.

One plus that the first 2 games will solve will be separating (or confirming) the Prime internet show from the real world. It could go either way.

This is all very interesting and fun to watch. I respect Prime for putting his Rep out there so publicly. Not a lot of guys will do that.
Most coaches are unnecessarily paranoid and anti media.

Is Bobby on the same level as Klatt and Liufau? I felt like he was just a dude that handed the ball off to Brown and co, maybe dumped it to Graham.
One of the best play action passers CU has ever had. It definitely helped that he had Brown and Purify to hand the ball to and a NFL caliber TE. He still had to sell that play action and hit the receivers. Massively underrated QB, IMO.

One of the best play action passers CU has ever had. It definitely helped that he had Brown and Purify to hand the ball to and a NFL caliber TE. He still had to sell that play action and hit the receivers. Massively underrated QB, IMO.
2002 season is much better with Bobby. We would beat CSU and, I think we could have repeated as Big 12 champs. Robert Hodge was not the answer.

Do colleges/NCAA run PED testing during the season? I don’t think I’ve ever heard of any violations, sanctions, or suspensions for that, which seems like the dog that didn’t bark.
The NCAA does one random test during the season for PED's, and the League (PAC, B1G, SEC, etc...) Does one random test during the season for illegal rec drugs.

I can't remember the last time anyone actually failed. Doesn't seem to be a difficult system to beat.
You just need to stop doing PED's a couple weeks before camp. People (the dumb ones) usually fail for weed, because they put themselves in a position to have to take a masking agent that is detected by the test. We don't typically hear about those because the kid is held out for a "Violation of team rules"

You just need to stop doing PED's a couple weeks before camp. People (the dumb ones) usually fail for weed, because they put themselves in a position to have to take a masking agent that is detected by the test. We don't typically hear about those because the kid is held out for a "Violation of team rules"
So on PEDs, no different than back in the dark ages when I played and everyone timed their cycles and then had to get creative with test passing strategies for the new round that happened when we made the playoffs.

So on PEDs, no different than back in the dark ages when I played and everyone timed their cycles and then had to get creative with test passing strategies for the new round that happened when we made the playoffs.
I know back in the day, steroid testing was very expensive. I think there was a lot of bluffing going on. Say they are testing for steroids, but really don't. Run the cheaper test for other drugs. The only real test may have been pre bowl test done by NCAA. Not sure of the cost of testing now, I am sure it has come down a bit

Mtv Ron GIF by Jersey Shore Family Vacation

NCAA drug testing is an absolute joke, and there are high, high number of athletes taking PEDs in college football. No reason to ever stop juicing while you're in college....other than health reasons.

NCAA drug testing is an absolute joke, and there are high, high number of athletes taking PEDs in college football. No reason to ever stop juicing while you're in college....other than health reasons.
I would estimate that less then 5% of FBS College FB players use steroids or HGH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back