What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jezus fvckin' christ. ESPN just continues to spiral in their "reporting." We may not win the game, but this is just ignorant.

Coach Prime's first season at Colorado isn't pretty: There has been plenty of hype and controversy surrounding Deion Sanders' move from FCS program Jackson State to Colorado in the offseason. The Buffaloes are going to be one of the most compelling teams in the country, but they're not going to be very good. Colorado went 1-11 last season, 1-8 in the Pac-12. Sanders and his staff tried to trade out beans and franks ingredients for beef Wellington overnight, but it won't make much of a difference. It wouldn't be surprising to see TCU hang half-a-hundred on the Buffaloes in the Sept. 2 opener.
This reads like AI generated. All words pulled from the net with no understanding for what they mean in reality.

I've been thinking through the best way to summarize the depth for CU in a text to my buddies that aren't freaks like us tracking every blade of grass on the practice field. This is what I have so far.

As CU winds down fall camp and is about to start game week for the TCU kickoff, this is what we think we know about the team's depth chart and potential strength and weaknesses:
  • Our starters are plus athletes and bowl caliber at every position - the challenge is depth in spots.
  • We easily run 2 deep at RB, WR, Edge, and Safety.
  • What could crush CU this season is Shedeur going down at QB, or 2+ multi-game injuries at OL or DT.
  • Multiple important players/projected starters returning from injury. Big question mark as to how they play. Especially early in the season.
  • Grad transfers and players stepping up in level from FCS or non-P5 that are “hungry” but can they step up and perform at this level or not?
  • TE is a wild card. Lewis talks like it is important to him, but we may be starting a converted walkon WR at the position.
  • It is possible CU could become a "No Fly Zone" defense if we are able to consistently get pressure on the QB.
  • I have concerns about our ability to stop the run between the tackles until proven otherwise.
  • As mentioned before, the schedule is far from easy. We will need to win a number of close games to have a shot at a winning season.
  • If we can keep Shedeur clean, there is potential for an elite passing game.
  • Dylan Edwards #3 has the potential to score from anywhere. He may not start, but don't miss his touches.
  • Watch Travis Hunter #12 where ever he lines up. Urban Meyer said he was as good of an athlete as Percy Harvin and we need to stop practicing him to keep him healthy.
Thoughts?

Last edited:
I've been thinking through the best way to summarize the depth for CU in a text to my buddies that aren't freaks like us tracking every blade of grass on the practice field. This is what I have so far.

As CU winds down fall camp and is about to start game week for the TCU kickoff, this is what we think we know about the team's depth chart and potential strength and weaknesses:
  • Our starters are plus athletes and bowl caliber at every position with the possible exception of ILB. "There is no drop off between the 1s and 2s at ILB" is not a compliment to the 1s.
  • What could crush CU this season is Shedeur going down at QB, or 2+ multi-game injuries at OL or DT.
  • TE is a wild card. Lewis talks like it is important to him, but we may be starting a converted walkon WR at the position.
  • It is possible CU could become a "No Fly Zone" defense if we are able to consistently get pressure on the QB.
  • I have concerns about our ability to stop the run between the tackles until proven otherwise.
  • Dylan Edwards has the potential to score from anywhere. He may not start, but don't miss his touches.
Thoughts?
- Multiple important players/projected starters returning from injury. Big question mark as to how they play. Especially early in the season.

- Grad transfers and players stepping up in level from FCS or non-P5 that are “hungry” but can they step up and perform at this level or not?

• Our starters are plus athletes and bowl caliber at every position with the possible exception of ILB. "There is no drop off between the 1s and 2s at ILB" is not a compliment to the 1s.
  • Dylan Edwards has the potential to score from anywhere. He may not start, but don't miss his touches.
Thoughts?
Thoughts:
1. That’s a long text
2. I disagree about ILB. Depth is a concern, but Kennedy and Bentley are good players. Is there a narrative out there that they aren’t?

Thoughts?
Yep.

To me, the season comes down to one essential question (beyond key injuries): if the OL can execute Sean Lewis’ offense the way it’s supposed to be run, we will be very competitive.

Thoughts:
1. That’s a long text
2. I disagree about ILB. Depth is a concern, but Kennedy and Bentley are good players. Is there a narrative out there that they aren’t?
Agree that it is a long text!

I caught this from Uncle Neely "There is no drop off between the 1s and 2s at ILB". That set off alarm bells in my head. Plus we seem to be running at will between the tackles in the footage we see, but I acknowledge that is 1s vs the 2s.

- Multiple important players/projected starters returning from injury. Big question mark as to how they play. Especially early in the season.

- Grad transfers and players stepping up in level from FCS or non-P5 that are “hungry” but can they step up and perform at this level or not?
Great additional points. Thank you.

• Multiple important players/projected starters returning from injury. Big question mark as to how they play. Especially early in the season.
  • Grad transfers and players stepping up in level from FCS or non-P5 that are “hungry” but can they step up and perform at this level or not?
Thoughts?
In addition to your recommendation to keep an eye on Dylan, I would tell them to watch #12 whenever he’s on the field. He’s a freak athlete who is going to do freak athletic stuff on both sides of the ball.

I caught this from Uncle Neely "There is no drop off between the 1s and 2s at ILB". That set off alarm bells in my head. Plus we seem to be running at will between the tackles in the footage we see, but I acknowledge that is 1s vs the 2s.

I guess I take that comment from Neely as praise for the 2s. Kennedy is a stud

ESPN's FPI is what they use. Their metrics can't compute what CU has done.
Dog Puppy GIF by Sony Pictures Animation

If Marvin Ham is setting the standard, we're in trouble. I've posted it elsewhere, I think our LBs across the board will be by far the weakest link on this entire team (yes, that includes the much maligned TEs).

If Marvin Ham is setting the standard, we're in trouble. I've posted it elsewhere, I think our LBs across the board will be by far the weakest link on this entire team (yes, that includes the much maligned TEs).
What if he bought in to everything and has become a solid P5 starting LB?
Last staff sucked ass at coaching

What if he bought in to everything and has become a solid P5 starting LB?
Last staff sucked ass at coaching
Well, that would be great on one hand. On the other, we brought in a group of studs and if they're not "it" or getting it we have a whole new set of problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back