What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official 2023 Fall Camp Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been thinking through the best way to summarize the depth for CU in a text to my buddies that aren't freaks like us tracking every blade of grass on the practice field. This is what I have so far.

As CU winds down fall camp and is about to start game week for the TCU kickoff, this is what we think we know about the team's depth chart and potential strength and weaknesses:
  • Our starters are plus athletes and bowl caliber at every position - the challenge is depth in spots.
  • We easily run 2 deep at RB, WR, Edge, and Safety.
  • What could crush CU this season is Shedeur going down at QB, or 2+ multi-game injuries at OL or DT.
  • Multiple important players/projected starters returning from injury. Big question mark as to how they play. Especially early in the season.
  • Grad transfers and players stepping up in level from FCS or non-P5 that are “hungry” but can they step up and perform at this level or not?
  • TE is a wild card. Lewis talks like it is important to him, but we may be starting a converted walkon WR at the position.
  • It is possible CU could become a "No Fly Zone" defense if we are able to consistently get pressure on the QB.
  • I have concerns about our ability to stop the run between the tackles until proven otherwise.
  • If we can keep Shedeur clean, there is potential for an elite passing game.
  • Dylan Edwards #3 has the potential to score from anywhere. He may not start, but don't miss his touches.
  • Watch Travis Hunter #12 where ever he lines up. Urban Meyer said he was as good of an athlete as Percy Harvin and we need to stop practicing him to keep him healthy.
Thoughts?
Good stuff and I really can't disagree with any of it. So many of us believe we'll be good if we stay healthy because of depth concerns. In reality, I can't remember a season where we didn't have significant injuries, particularly on the lines. I think we have to expect that which is where the hedging starts. If QB1 goes down, then we're up **** creek.

The injuries will come. The question is how significant will the injuries be, and where in the season will they occur. If they are significant and early, we're in the 3 win range. If they are relatively benign and/or late in the season, we'll go bowling.

This is gonna be so much fun.

Travis Hunter is going to turn a lot of passes into touchdowns, and they aren't all going to come from his QB.

He was always an elite WR talent. I've been on the record for saying his WR talent is better than his CB talent.
His CB talent may be more impactful.

Going to be interesting how the league uses him but I think they will focus him on playing DB but he will be one of the rare talents that also gets an offense package.

i think I know the answer to this question (unfortunately), but do we really not have a serviceable QB2?

LOL, I grew up a Cowboys fan. There was a time I could probably name the whole roster, I kind of doubt I could name anyone other than Prescott now. I don't watch the No Fun League anymore, but I have to admit, I still like running America's Team up the flagpole to watch fans of other, lesser, teams squirm.
I was The Crying Cowboys kid when Bart Starr scored on the QB sneak in the Ice Bowl. Now? **** the Cowboys. They treated Tom Landry like **** when they fired him.

We have a whole thread in a whole separate forum for you guys to share your oh so special takes, smacks and memories about the NFL.

This forum is about college football. This thread is about CU fall football camp.

Hope that helps, since it seems this is not information everyone had.

Why come you don't have a tattoo?
were the millers no ragrets GIF

He was always an elite WR talent. I've been on the record for saying his WR talent is better than his CB talent.
Off topic but...If the schedule in 24> has the Buffs playing UH away...I'm thinking tailgate of the Southern variety. Shrimp boil, Gumbo and Smoked Brisket, Baby Backs and Coleslaw on the side.
I can see it like it's already happened...the Buffs win and we're all sitting around afterward eating leftovers and laughing our asses off.
A 62 year Buff that dreams the possible..doesn't matter how old a Buff you are the dream is the same.

We have a whole thread in a whole separate forum for you guys to share your oh so special takes, smacks and memories about the NFL.

This forum is about college football. This thread is about CU fall football camp.

Hope that helps, since it seems this is not information everyone had.
Where do tree puns fit?

Off topic but...If the schedule in 24> has the Buffs playing UH away...I'm thinking tailgate of the Southern variety. Shrimp boil, Gumbo and Smoked Brisket, Baby Backs and Coleslaw on the side.
I can see it like it's already happened...the Buffs win and we're all sitting around afterward eating leftovers and laughing our asses off.
A 62 year Buff that dreams the possible..doesn't matter how old a Buff you are the dream is the same.
Hit me up when that takes place. I would love to be there.

It was nice to branch out
Nothing beats a nice Applewood Smoked Cheddar.

To tie this back to camp we're seeing in the videos that CP has already set a nothing but H2O and Gatorade policy for the team. Can dairy negatively impact retained hydration 1 week in advance? Has the Chef Carl menu been dramatically changed as well? I would think that if liquid milk is an issue saltier meats and/or dairy such as cheese (on topic cheese haters) would be even more impactful.

Mentality thing? Nutritionists?

Nothing beats a nice Applewood Smoked Cheddar.

To tie this back to camp we're seeing in the videos that CP has already set a nothing but H2O and Gatorade policy for the team. Can dairy negatively impact retained hydration 1 week in advance? Has the Chef Carl menu been dramatically changed as well? I would think that if liquid milk is an issue saltier meats and/or dairy such as cheese (on topic cheese haters) would be even more impactful.

Mentality thing? Nutritionists?
This no milk thing sounds really dumb but hey go prime

Another non-believer

Stewart Mandel’s season prediction

1692968947323.png

Basically the same thing here from their overall Pac 12 preseason review. “Tier 5” with Stanford at the bottom of the Pac.

Another non-believer

Stewart Mandel’s season prediction

View attachment 63521
Mandel has been one of the more vocal non believers in the media. He was one of the first who said the Pac 12 would replace Colorado easily and it would be an upgrade.

He’s also routinely been downplaying any thought that CU could be better than people think.

9a0dc23d-920f-478b-bf8d-da5cbb11c4de_text.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back