What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Allbuffs 2021 gambling thread

Rolling with Montana State +1.5 and Oregon -13.5 tonight.
The Montana State/Weber State game is a real chess match. Halftime. ESPNU. Still think that Weber HC Jay Hill has upside in the coaching ranks, at least well into upper G5.

Look at the strength of schedules that La Tech and UTEP have played. UTEP is 5-1 but have played what I see as one of the weakest schedules in the country.
Opponent and score: N Mexico (20-13), N Mexico State (30-3) Bethune-Cookman (38-28), Boise State (13-54), Old Dominion (28-21), and Southern Mississippi
(26-13).

La Tech is 2-3 but its losses are to Mississippi State 35-34, to SMU 39-37, and to North Carolina State 34-27. La Tech's QB is a Grad Transfer who was a starter at
West Virginia and has put up good numbers passing and running this year. Before WVU he spent 2 years at Oklahoma as a backup. UTEP hasn't beaten La Tech in
over 7 years.

Skip Holtz's coaching staff at La Tech looks pretty stout on its face compared to Dana Dimel's guys in El Paso. It's a largely successful program that does
not duck tough OOC competition. Congrats to Dana Dimel on a nice Cinderella half-season so far, but I think La Tech comes out ahead on these bets. I wish I
had counted to 10 in retrospect and NOT taken the -7.5 stuff, but I had no idea where the line was going to move. I think the -6.5 (current) is really nice.

The caveat here is that La Tech has given up yardage and points in its games, but again, I go to strength of schedule really hard on these two teams. The pass
defense of La Tech looks pretty weak at times but passing the ball hasn't been UTEP's strong suit. The UTEP QB looks to be a serviceable enough local guy, a
sophomore from over in Hobbs, NM.

My guess is La Tech 31, UTEP 20. I sure could be wrong, obviously, but that's why they play the games.

Good luck this week.
I took some LaTech.

Hit big with Montana State last night, so going big today with Minnestota +4.5 and LSU/FLA Under 60.5. Baylor -5 is on deck (yeah, yeah I know....)

How the **** is Oregon losing here lol? They've got to send Mario packing soon. I know he's a damn good recruiter-but if you put our staff in charge of that program, they'd probably have success.
No, on so many levels.

Last edited:
Then tell me why you think I'm wrong. I don't see a lot of difference between Cristobal at Oregon and Mack Brown at Texas. He'll recruit like hell and then find a way to underachieve.
See my post in the other games thread. He’s overachieving relative to Oregon’s history. He is definitely not underachieving

See my post in the other games thread. He’s overachieving relative to Oregon’s history. He is definitely not underachieving

Right. He's winning at a slightly better clip than Mike Bellotti did. Big difference there is the Pac 10 Bellotti coached is was a much tougher league than this Pac 12 is. Oregon's the only ranked Pac 12 team. UCLA's the only other Pac 12 team receiving votes. This conference will have two teams who haven't beaten an FBS opponent this year (Cal and the Arizona-CU loser) at the end of today. Bellotti coached against Pete Carroll at USC for seven years-including both of USC's national championship years (2003 and 2004). Given how ****ing bad this league is and has been for the last couple years, that's not good enough.

Last edited:
Right. He's winning at a slightly better clip than Mike Bellotti did. Big difference there is the Pac 10 Bellotti coached is was a much tougher league than this Pac 12 is. Oregon's the only ranked Pac 12 team. UCLA's the only other Pac 12 team receiving votes. This conference will have two teams who haven't beaten an FBS opponent this year (Cal and the Arizona-CU loser) at the end of today. Bellotti coached against Pete Carroll at USC for seven years-including both of USC's national championship years (2003 and 2004). Given how ****ing bad this league is and has been for the last couple years, that's not good enough.
So because the rest of the conference isn’t doing well, that’s his fault even though he’s been above their historical average by a significant amount? I’ve never heard of someone being fired for unrelated incompetence

This is a bizarre stance. Cristobal went 9-4 and then 12-2. Last year he had a number of players choose to sit the year out. He’s got a top 10 team with a top 5 recruiting class this year but yeah, he’s not cutting it.

There is zero grumblings around Oregon about making a change but you keep barking up that tree.

This is a bizarre stance. Cristobal went 9-4 and then 12-2. Last year he had a number of players choose to sit the year out. He’s got a top 10 team with a top 5 recruiting class this year but yeah, he’s not cutting it.

There is zero grumblings around Oregon about making a change but you keep barking up that tree.
They're going to drop another game or two. Watch.

I know. You just seem to have a weird agenda vs some coaches. I was just reminding you that your boy won again today
LOL I know he did. I had money on him. MSU -4 was too much for even me to pass up. MSU-Michigan in two weeks should be a lot of fun-and I'd be surprised if ABC doesn't grab it on Monday when the kick times for that week come out.

Back