What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Allbuffs CFB gambling thread

Just put this down
LSU ML +175
Beavers +10
Minnesota +7

Thoughts?
I like the Beavers bet. I’m on the other side on the other two.
Too many close calls for Gophers, played too many back-up QBs for my liking. Not sure how good they are.

I think Bama DBs clog up LSU WRs knocking Burrows off his quick release throws. And I think Bama can run on LSU.

Good luck.

Minnesota is a fun story, but they have been living a lie. They literally haven't played anyone all year that has a winning record.

Penn State's going to win, but I don't think they're going to blow Minnesota out. Minny isn't a playoff contender, but I think they're a pretty good football team

Tua will be fine. I have concerns that either team scores much. ATS is your better bet.

For the record-I fully expect Tua to be healthy enough to play. I don't expect a fully healthy QB. Klatt said the average recovery time for that procedure is 3 weeks with Stink and Evans today, and Saturday will be right about three.

Tua will be fine. I have concerns that either team scores much. ATS is your better bet.
Yep. A lot of times, these type games turn out to be opposite of what's expected. I've heard shoot out from quite a few, in regards to this one. Wouldn't be shocked at all if it wasn't.

For the record-I fully expect Tua to be healthy enough to play. I don't expect a fully healthy QB. Klatt said the average recovery time for that procedure is 3 weeks with Stink and Evans today, and Saturday will be right about three.
He actually said that 3 weeks was the absolutely bare minimum recovery time. I think Tua struggles, but it won’t matter. @hawg1 is right, Bama can run the ball against LSU’s front 7, and Bama’s defense is made to stop offenses like this. Man under, jam guys at the line and make Burrows read the field. I like the under in this game.

He actually said that 3 weeks was the absolutely bare minimum recovery time. I think Tua struggles, but it won’t matter. @hawg1 is right, Bama can run the ball against LSU’s front 7, and Bama’s defense is made to stop offenses like this. Man under, jam guys at the line and make Burrows read the field. I like the under in this game.
I have significant under action. Line moving our way!

Big slate for me:

BYU/Liberty over 58.5
Oregon State +10
Clemson/NCSU over 53.5
GaSo -3
LSU/Bama under 63
Bama -6
PSU -3.5 1H
PSU -6.5
Clemson -18.5 1H
Illinois +14.5
Boise -12.5
KSU +7
Baylor -2.5

I'll agree that he'll be fine but he's not 100%

This doesn’t address the central premise that ATS is still the better bet than LSU ML. Of course Tua will not be 100%. He just had surgery a few weeks back. However, he will be good enough to manage the offense. They have a ton of really good players, the better defense, and better coaches.

To me, a ML wager only makes sense when your handicapping gives you a probability that’s in line with the team’s likelihood to win. I don’t think LSU beats Alabama 36.36% of the time in Tuscaloosa with Ed O at the helm. I do think they cover 6.5/7 more than 52.38% of the time. That’s why I see ATS as the better choice for the money.

I bet prices first, teams second.

This doesn’t address the central premise that ATS is still the better bet than LSU ML. Of course Tua will not be 100%. He just had surgery a few weeks back. However, he will be good enough to manage the offense. They have a ton of really good players, the better defense, and better coaches.

To me, a ML wager only makes sense when your handicapping gives you a probability that’s in line with the team’s likelihood to win. I don’t think LSU beats Alabama 36.36% of the time in Tuscaloosa with Ed O at the helm. I do think they cover 6.5/7 more than 52.38% of the time. That’s why I see ATS as the better choice for the money.

Those are very specific probabilities. Out of curiosity, how did you calculate that?

I only like ML in 2.5 - 4 range, especially if it’s a bad number (2.5 or 3.0) and it won’t budge to a better number.

i like your analysis.

Openers...

Already have...

OU -13.5
LSU - Bama Under 65.5
UDub - Oregon State Over 62.5

There are several other games I am eyeing. I want to let the market progress.

As I mentioned, we have a serious wager on Under 65.5/65 in the LSU - Alabama game. That will decide the entire weekend.

Added (for now)...

KState +7
ASU +3
Wisconsin - Iowa Under 38
Duke +7.5
Illinois +14.5

Will look for a few other moves near close.

As I mentioned, we have a serious wager on Under 65.5/65 in the LSU - Alabama game. That will decide the entire weekend.

Added (for now)...

KState +7
ASU +3
Duke +7.5
Illinois +14.5

Good call on Beavs vs UDub.

Added (for now)...

KState +7
ASU +3
Duke +7.5
Illinois +14.5

I like these, plus ECU +21 and NCSt +34

OU -13.5
LSU - Bama Under 65.5
UDub - Oregon State Over 62.5

Added (for now)...

KState +7
ASU +3
Duke +7.5
Illinois +14.5

Final additions

ECU - SMU Under 72
NC State +34
Wyoming +15

Back