What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Arizona Pregame/Game Thread

You can put lipstick on a pig. But at the end of the day, it’s still a pig.
judge pigs GIF

I think Adam said it best in the post game he did with Howell today-all this does is take the heat off everybody up there for a week. If we go to Cal and lose, we're right back to where we were this past week.
It’s interesting how much heat is on Dorrell. I think last year was a mirage, but he delivered a winning record and a bowl appearance. The offense this year is historically bad, but the fact that he is in so much trouble really speaks to how much the fan base hated the initial hire. Dorrell effectively started on the hot seat.

You can fair catch off the bounce.

And the fair catch means that the moment the ball is possessed the play is dead.

The only exception would be if the official ruled that the ball was being bobbled and thus not in full possession.
I've never heard of fair catching off the bounce. I didn't know you could. Returning punts, I'd yell Peter or Pecker if I couldn't field it, everybody would clear out. Kicks, you better make damn sure it goes out or it's live. Yes, I let them know I might say pecker instead of Peter. :D

Arizona is a ****ty team.

We are a marginally less ****ty team.

I did like what I saw out of Lewis though. Hopefully his confidence will continue to grow.
Thing is, Lewis has to know the staff believes in him. That's what will grow that confidence. He has plenty of work to do, but it's a start. Looking over your shoulder at the back-up is not a good thing usually. I know Arizona is terrible, but it's something he can build from.

Lewis played his best game today-looked like he was a lot more confident. Bigger thing with him is this for me-I want him taking chances. If he takes a risk down the field and throws a pick, that's better than him holding the ball too long and taking a sack. Just be decisive-even taking off is fine.
That's his next step. He'll get there, but it needs to be against somebody with a heartbeat to get better. Climb the ladder.

Clearly AZ didn’t respect our passing game and was all in on stopping the run. We only averaged 3 yards per carry. That’s awful against anyone but especially against Arizona.

They stuffed us when we tried running up the middle. Our line had no push and our backs went down on initial contact. When we ran outside they just strung us out and we never were able to turn upfield. Frustrating. Our O line gets dominated every week.

I may have missed it being discussed elsewhere but what happened to Clayton? Has he seen the field in the last two games?

Thing is, Lewis has to know the staff believes in him. That's what will grow that confidence. He has plenty of work to do, but it's a start. Looking over your shoulder at the back-up is not a good thing usually. I know Arizona is terrible, but it's something he can build from.
This isn't about Lewis, though. He's not a bad QB. He's just been poorly coached. And at the end of the day, that's what this is about. KD will still be outcoached by every coach in this conference not named Jedd.

I figure Clayton is gone at the end of the season. Gonna be just great watching him tear off 90-110 a game for someone like Louisiana or Tulane the next few years.
At some point, if he’s truly as good and talented as his hype and ratings, he’d be seeing the field more and it would be evident from his reps that he has received. He’s looked JAGy to this point

At some point, if he’s truly as good and talented as his hype and ratings, he’d be seeing the field more and it would be evident from his reps that he has received. He’s looked JAGy to this point
Yeah, but don't discount the fact that this staff still tries to get Joe Davis reps, so...

We’ve had more than one 4/5 star RB that left the program and disappeared into anonymity. It happens.

I've never heard of fair catching off the bounce. I didn't know you could. Returning punts, I'd yell Peter or Pecker if I couldn't field it, everybody would clear out. Kicks, you better make damn sure it goes out or it's live. Yes, I let them know I might say pecker instead of Peter. :D
I was thinking the exact same thing. When I mentioned it to my son, he said "that would be the dumbest rule ever, if you couldn't call a fair catch off the bounce." I was so confused by his statement...but I guess he was right.
* Then last night I learned, even if you bobble a fair catch, you are still entitled to the fair catch.

Lewis played his best game today-looked like he was a lot more confident. Bigger thing with him is this for me-I want him taking chances. If he takes a risk down the field and throws a pick, that's better than him holding the ball too long and taking a sack. Just be decisive-even taking off is fine.
Yep - hopefully that catch by Rice proved to Lewis that he can trust his receivers (at least Rice).

Back