What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

From today's NYT article about Clarence Thomas's corruption, thought it was fitting for this thread :sick: of course he's a Nebraska fan

The Elite Circle Clarence Thomas Entered That Led to the Supreme Court - The New York Times (nytimes.com)

00clarence-horatio-sokol-zbqp-articleLarge.jpg

I was thinking they should hang a banner, but I don't think it's enough. This was the GREATEST 3-9 TEAM EVER! They need to build a memorial with an interactive fan experience that can be used with recruits to inspire them.
With an appropriate visitors center to highlight the visit.

Plenty of room outside Memorial Stadium to locate a doublewide.

What made it even better was, as the year went along, you no longer had to sit on the edge of your seat wondering if they were going to hold on / pull it out…you KNEW they were going to lose. The entertainment value came with HOW that happened.
You Got It Ok GIF

I’m currently on vacation in north central MN with the in-laws. Not a single blurb of nub football mentioned in 3-4 days.

On a bright note. I was in town in Walker, MN on Monday, and an incoming CU Frosh gave me a shout out on my hat. It made me think of the vast footprint already built in within B1G country…

I’m currently on vacation in north central MN with the in-laws. Not a single blurb of nub football mentioned in 3-4 days.

On a bright note. I was in town in Walker, MN on Monday, and an incoming CU Frosh gave me a shout out on my hat. It made me think of the vast footprint already built in within B1G country…
Well, let’s get Northwestern the Death Penalty, and slide into their spot.

Well, let’s get Northwestern the Death Penalty, and slide into their spot.
Sound the alarm and round up the regents. They have work to do to get in the B1G now to get that Stanford/Harvard of the Midwest’s spot! Go knock on that door in that crystal palace somewhere in Illinois(?)
angry season 7 GIF

A co-worker is a huge UT fan and invests a lot of time in following coaches along with recruiting.

I mentioned how poorly Rhule’s recruiting is going at NU and he said that was his playbook at Baylor. He doesn’t need a bunch of highly rated guys for his system to work.

I just went back and looked. He inherited a Baylor team with 85/86 average level recruits and then didn’t recruit higher than that during his tenure there. NU’s 2023 and 2024 classes are around an 87 average, but there has also been a slight inflation in rankings over time, so roughly the same.

We’ll see.

FWIW, our 2023 class also was at an 87 average.

A co-worker is a huge UT fan and invests a lot of time in following coaches along with recruiting.

I mentioned how poorly Rhule’s recruiting is going at NU and he said that was his playbook at Baylor. He doesn’t need a bunch of highly rated guys for his system to work.

I just went back and looked. He inherited a Baylor team with 85/86 average level recruits and then didn’t recruit higher than that during his tenure there. NU’s 2023 and 2024 classes are around an 87 average, but there has also been a slight inflation in rankings over time, so roughly the same.

We’ll see.

FWIW, our 2023 class also was at an 87 average.
I think that this class will be his best during his time in Lincoln. A.) it’s been difficult to recruit to Lincoln in the last 25 years or so, especially in the last 10-15 years…The Riley era began like nine years ago…and bombed out with the “Cala-braska” pipeline and Patrick O’Brien experiment.

If Rhule’s playbook is going to be the X-factor in this, then I guess one would just watch old ****bailer tape and improvise?

Back