What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

Funny. I live in Omaha…how come I’ve had more people approach me about Prime and CU, but nary a mention of consolation prize Nub head coach no. 6 7
It could be because you're a CU fan and because of the shiny, sparkling show that Coach Sanders has brought to Boulder. The first 3 or 4 games will determine how his career as CU's head football coach goes. He's stuck his neck out pretty far using the transfer portal as he has.

It could be because you're a CU fan and because of the shiny, sparkling show that Coach Sanders has brought to Boulder. The first 3 or 4 games will determine how his career as CU's head football coach goes. He's stuck his neck out pretty far using the transfer portal as he has.
His first 3-4 games will not determine how his career as CU’s HFC goes

I'm curious about how he did something that makes you think he stuck his neck out. He inherited a terrible team with a broken culture. He kept about 20% of the guys who were eligible to return, brought in about 70 transfers and recruits (plus new walk ons) and set an expectation within the program that they would win this season.

Are those who dislike his strategy believers that he should have kept an incapable roster together, eased implementation of a new culture over time, and said that it was ok to lose progressively less often as he built towards winning football over 3-5 years?

Are those who dislike his strategy believers that he should have kept an incapable roster together, eased implementation of a new culture over time, and said that it was ok to lose progressively less often as he built towards winning football over 3-5 years?
The Fusker standard is determining whether a coach is going to be successful over 3-5 GAMES:

The first 3 or 4 games will determine how his career as CU's head football coach goes.

That's why they gave Frosty 4 years, dontchaknow.

If you squint you can see the logic.

No, my eyes are wide open in awe of it all. Hope it changes for the better, sooner than later.
I'm also in awe.

I don't even know what the reward for being the best 3-9 team in the country is-like you guys anointed yourselves in 2021. A Juice Box? Maybe some orange slices?

Don't you have a greeter shift at the local Wal-Mart today, Fusker trash?

His first 3-4 games will not determine how his career as CU’s HFC goes
Sure it will. He made a "huge" gamble with the transfer portal. CU's 2024 class has 8 committed high-schoolers, with about 75% of the overall top recruits in the class of 2024 already committed to a school. It's going to be challenging to continue to fill CU's class with the highly rated players he wants. Therefore he's probably going to have to resort to the portal to an extreme again. That might raise the eyebrows of high-school players. So if his team falters in the first few games the going will be tougher in the long run. The 2024 class will pull back and potential transfers will react with caution. Then there's concern for his current health issues compounding things with potential new recruits (portal or otherwise). I for one, hope for the best for CU and its coach (except for the Nebraska games).

Sure it will. He made a "huge" gamble with the transfer portal. CU's 2024 class has 8 committed high-schoolers, with about 75% of the overall top recruits in the class of 2024 already committed to a school. It's going to be challenging to continue to fill CU's class with the highly rated players he wants. Therefore he's probably going to have to resort to the portal to an extreme again. That might raise the eyebrows of high-school players. So if his team falters in the first few games the going will be tougher in the long run. The 2024 class will pull back and potential transfers will react with caution. Then there's concern for his current health issues compounding things with potential new recruits (portal or otherwise). I for one, hope for the best for CU and its coach (except for the Nebraska games).
You know how many commitments he had for CU by Thanksgiving of last year? Zero. He will continue to recruit until signing day. It really doesn't matter if someone has given a verbal somewhere else. Coach Prime will bring in a great class, albeit a small one of around 15 preps since CU has only about a dozen seniors and there is still a need to go heavier than usual with transfers.

I think (haven't checked in several weeks) that CU's class is only behind Oregon in the Pac on average rating and that nobody with a lower rated class nationally - and most with higher ranked classes don't - have a higher average player rating. People bringing up class rank right now to criticize Coach Prime are cherry picking stats which value quantity over quality.

Last edited:
What’s your assessment of Rhule so far?
Fair question. I think his attitude and style has helped him make a positive change in the culture of the football program. That is looking in from the outside with no direct discussions with anybody from within the program. Most Nebraska fans I've talked to are caususly optimistic about Rhule and his assistant coaches. NU fans have been disappointed too many times after being served the kool-aid. I will say though, Rhule has exceeded my expectations when it comes to his first Nebraska recruiting class. Winning and going to a bowl game, and if he can keep the 2024 class together beyond signing day the momentum will continue for Rhule. If not it's going to be challenging.

You know how many commitments he had for CU by Thanksgiving of last year? Zero. He will continue to recruit until signing day. It really doesn't matter if someone has given a verbal somewhere else. Coach Prime will bring in a great class, albeit a small one of around 15 preps since CU has only about a dozen seniors and there is still a need to go heavier than usual with transfers.

I think (haven't checked in several weeks) that CU's class is only behind Oregon in the Pac on average rating and that nobody with a lower rated class nationally - and most with higher ranked classes - has a higher average player rating. People bringing up class rank right now to criticize Coach Prime are cherry picking stats which value quantity over quality.
I appreciate your confidence. Recruiting can go both ways. If CU's season is a tough one, many of those highly rated recruits might take their commitment to another school. It's the way it is in college football these days.

I appreciate your confidence. Recruiting can go both ways. If CU's season is a tough one, many of those highly rated recruits might take their commitment to another school. It's the way it is in college football these days.
Nah. Year 2 would be the problem if he didn't have a winning season. There's always a 1st year bump with recruiting regardless of record. But if CU wins in 2023 then CP will immediately be punching with Bama, UGA, Clemson and tOSU on the trail.

High school players won't worry about it, Prime and his staff are being honest. This is a rebuild.

What the HS players will see is other players flocking to Boulder both out of HS and transfers who are national level players, who have been recruited by top 10-15 level programs.

Fairly soon they are also going to be seeing a lot of CU in the NFL draft, the thing this level of player is looking for.

I know that the transfer portal is a sore spot for Nebraska, mainly because almost all of your top recruits end up in it. There won't be 70 new players on the roster next season, this season was a program re-set, something Nebraska needs badly but won't admit to as long as they can live in the past.

Meanwhile CU will continue to be a net winner in the portal. Prime is building a program kids can believe in.

I agree Frost was given a too long of a leash.
Does it matter who the coach is in Lincoln.

The last time your program mattered the players of today weren't born yet. They might as well go to Army or Yale who won national championships before they were born as well.

You have a rabid fanbase but so do a bunch of your conference mates and they put as many or more resources into their programs as Nebraska can. When conference opponents are beating you by 4 TDs at half time, when you are losing each year to the middle of the conference and even losing games to the bottom feeders none of that tradition crap matters. Osborne and Devaney are long gone.

Frost is a jerk but he proved he can coach before he got to Nebraska. There is a reason so many top coaching candidates have been turning down jobs in Lincoln over the past decade plus and it isn't because the waitresses are ugly (Frost found some that weren't.) It is because the Golden era is gone and reality has set in.

Kids from California, Texas, Florida, etc. don't dream of playing in the frozen wasteland that is Nebraska. You might get some if the bag is big enough but you won't get enough and you won't keep enough. That isn't a coaching issue, it's a program issue.

Back