What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

At my seats there were buff fans all around except right behind me. They were nice kids and we chatted with them throughout the game. After the first score I went around the horn giving high fives to everyone except I forgot about the huskers so I had an awkward moment where I realized I had inadvertently held up my hand and they left me hanging. Totally unintentional and kind of awkward, so every big play afterwards I did it on purpose with a slightly longer than necessary awkward moment.

Last edited:
Oh and most of you know my wife grew up in Nebraska. She is a huge buffs basketball fan and loves prime. She wore buffs gear and is definitely a full on buffs fan now. That part should probably go in the prime effect thread now for the hate. I sent pictures of her in buffs gear to all of our husker friends and they were super upset.

Oh and most of you know my wife grew up in Nebraska. She is a huge buffs basketball fan and loves prime. She wore buffs gear and is definitely a full on buffs fan now. That part should probably go in the prime effect thread now for the hate. I sent pictures of her in buffs gear to all of our husker friends and they were super upset.
Possibly the only acceptable sentence that describes a man sending pictures of his wife to all his fusker friends.

View attachment 64505
Excited Anna Kendrick GIF
Awwww…

Good egg that I am, I did encourage one formerly pasty white now sunburnt nub to acquire aloe at his earliest convenience. His skin was “big red.” The tank top was a mistake.
View attachment 64544
#flabeachwisdom

TBH, I asked a Nub fan in sincerity if he had put sunscreen on his bald head because it was looking rough around the 3rd quarter. I can't imagine his noggin is feeling great today. Guess it would match his shirt, though.

I met her yesterday. You out kicked your coverage. No offense.

Here is the Nebraska Smart Guy postgame discussion

When they discuss Prime, they mention NFL Coaching offers multiple times, and I will say that I never ever see Prime coaching in the NFL because he would never coach against his son's

When they talk about whether or not Colorado continues to win, that is so stupid and unintellectual after watching what just happened, and with the recruiting guy on there

Next thing we need to prove is recruiting as a top 5-10 class

Prime is gonna be here 5 plus years, especially with the pursuit of a Natty on his mind.

There were so many great moments yesterday, but I have to share one more:

When we were heading back to Longmont, my dad said he wanted to go somewhere where we could grab some food and watch more football. So we stopped at Buffalo Wild Wings.

As we're sitting they waiting on our food, 6 red clad Nub fans came and sat a couple of tables down. We didn't say anything to them, but obviously they went to the game.

The second Fox game of the day was going to halftime at around that point, and when the halftime show came on, they started showing highlights or and analyzing the CU Nub game.

Those poor red clad suckers had to watch a 5 minute segment of analysis of a game their team had just played in where the analysts never mentioned a Nub single player or coach once. It was literally 100% CU, like we were playing Akron or San Jose State or some ****. How hard that must have been on their overinflated Nub egos?

When they discuss Prime, they mention NFL Coaching offers multiple times, and I will say that I never ever see Prime coaching in the NFL because he would never coach against his son's

When they talk about whether or not Colorado continues to win, that is so stupid and unintellectual after watching what just happened, and with the recruiting guy on there

Prime is gonna be here 5 plus years, especially with the pursuit of a Natty on his mind.

Prime has also stated that he has no desire to coach in the NFL.

I see NU is quite proud of the 222 rushing yards. When you dissect the numbers you see they had a garbage time run of 44 yards, and the only good play of the game of a TD for 57. The rest of the game they ran 39 times for 121 (3.1 per) which is quite pedestrian.

3 reasons why Coach Prime will never leave college for the NFL:
1. He wants to be a mentor. He can have a much larger impact of the lives of people as a college coach.
2. He cannot abide a locker room where everyone isn't passionate and competitive. Most NFL guys aren't like most think. For over half, it's just a job.
3. NFL does not allow promotion of own brand while representing the NFL.

Colorado could lose him under 2 scenarios, imo:

1. He decided he has a different calling. Same thing happened with McCartney. In this scenario, he leaves coaching for his next passion play. I'd expect that with as big as he is on honoring his commitments, he'd stay through the end of his contract if this happened.
2. He leaves for another college program. CU does not pay him market value, does not have the ability to win a national championship (playoff / realignment or NCAA issues), does not support him well enough with the things he wants done & to do, does not follow through on things which were verbally promised to him, does not replace Rick George upon his retirement with an AD of Coach Prime's choosing, does not pay his assistants and other staff a premium, or does not have the backs of players, coaches or staffers in an incident Coach Prime believes his guys were in the right or only warrant a light reprimand or disciplinary action. All this is in CU's control to a very large extent.

I honestly believe that the odds on CU being Coach Primes final head coaching stop is over 80%. It would be higher if I fully trusted CU.

So there is a cure?

TBH, I asked a Nub fan in sincerity if he had put sunscreen on his bald head because it was looking rough around the 3rd quarter. I can't imagine his noggin is feeling great today. Guess it would match his shirt, though.
Top of his head can match the embarrassment on his face as he tries to justify to some co-workers from out of state spending enough money for a semester of his kids future tuition going to a game any reasonable person would have realized ahead of time they had no chance to win and then standing there in the sun watching them get dominated while his head burned.

Oh Em Gee. Read this article on The Athletic from today about how CU is great and Nebraska sucks. Paywalled, but worth your free view or signing up for the introductory price of $1.99./month.
And let's remember why Nebraska is where they are as a program, where no small part of the equation is how their psyche was completely broken on November 23, 2001.

In the 21 years prior to 62-36, Nebraska had:
- 233 wins
- a .857 winning percentage
- 12 conference titles
- 3 national titles

In the 21 full seasons since 62-36, Nebraska has:
- 148 wins
- a .556 winning percentage
- 0 conference titles
- 0 national titles

Back