What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

N******** was playing pretty dirty. Still sucked complete and total ass. Their coach is a pussy. They’re pussies. Their fans are poor. They live in a ****hole. They’re irrelevant. They’re passive aggressive off the field.

When I become governor for Colorado, I will turn the ****ing water off and toss a match over the border once the fields are nice and dry
This is how it's ****ing done, people. **** ****braska.

But most successful CFB coaches either hang around longer than average or leave from mids because they are looking to level up to the next best program.

I feel like we’ve seen more evidence that suggests Prime is different in that regard as long as he has access to the playoff and is getting the support needed to win at an elite level. He’s a self proclaimed agent of change and has not so subtly hinted at the idea of bringing social change to the Boulder community. Add that to his comments about the dream of bringing baseball to CU, among other things, and I don’t know why CU fans are already planning for him to be gone after the 2024 season.

You want to enjoy the ride? Thinking/hoping that CU has found a true unicorn in every sense of the word is part of it
Oh I'm enjoying the ride immensely. And guess what? We are the mids now, although we are near the top of the mids.

I can enjoy the ride without living in a fantasy world of believing only the most positive possible outcome is certain. I'm in the present and you can live in your fantasy all you want, go you, but when you go after someone for living in the real world you open yourself up for criticism, especially when you are way off base.

To put it another way, when a coworker told me today he didn't know how long Prime said he was going to be at CU, I said I didn't care. I'm here to enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.

Oh I'm enjoying the ride immensely. And guess what? We are the mids now, although we are near the top of the mids.

I can enjoy the ride without living in a fantasy world of believing only the most positive possible outcome is certain. I'm in the present and you can live in your fantasy all you want, go you, but when you go after someone for living in the real world you open yourself up for criticism, especially when you are way off base.

To put it another way, when a coworker told me today he didn't know how long Prime said he was going to be at CU, I said I didn't care. I'm here to enjoy the ride for as long as it lasts.
That’s where I am. We (and CU) should do everything to make sure we are not the reason he leaves. But when he feels called to the next thing, he’ll leave. We should enjoy the heck out of this while he’s here, for however long that lasts. And I hope that is a good, long, successful time.

I wanted to see how MSU was doing so far this season.

What I found was that Nebraska is the only winless team in the B1G

View attachment 64644
Nebraska being 0-2 shouldn't be a shock, they suck.

Keep in mind that for the most part the rest of the conference would have to schedule a wheelchair team to make their schedules any easier. If you have seen the Other Games threads it has been hard to find games including B1G schools that are worth mentioning.

Michigan State is a typical example, 2-0 but they have played FCS Richmond and MAC Central Michigan, both at home.

But most successful CFB coaches either hang around longer than average or leave from mids because they are looking to level up to the next best program.

I feel like we’ve seen more evidence that suggests Prime is different in that regard as long as he has access to the playoff and is getting the support needed to win at an elite level. He’s a self proclaimed agent of change and has not so subtly hinted at the idea of bringing social change to the Boulder community. Add that to his comments about the dream of bringing baseball to CU, among other things, and I don’t know why CU fans are already planning for him to be gone after the 2024 season.

You want to enjoy the ride? Thinking/hoping that CU has found a true unicorn in every sense of the word is part of it
I agree with how you look at it. It just makes sense.

But no matter whether we’re right he stays or others are right that he’s gone after 2 years, I think we can all agree that right now all of us long time Buff fans deserve this moment now. Prime has brought back an excitement to this program that seemed to be just so impossible. So many of us have stuck with this program during miserable seasons. Most of us still wore our CU gear proudly throughout that time.

Whether Prime stays or goes (I think he stays) let’s all enjoy what’s happening right now. 3-0 after Saturday and moving up the rankings.

N******** was playing pretty dirty. Still sucked complete and total ass. Their coach is a pussy. They’re pussies. Their fans are poor. They live in a ****hole. They’re irrelevant. They’re passive aggressive off the field.

When I become governor for Colorado, I will turn the ****ing water off and toss a match over the border once the fields are nice and dry
Imagine the smell…
throw up team america GIF

Or they get canned! Which is the most common.

I thought Rhule might be a solid hire for them all things considered, though I did think he could probably use a year off after all the dumb **** he was saying in Carolina. But after watching a few minutes of his pressers, he’s already aging faster than Frost did and he looked like he saw a ghost after we beat TCU. He knew what was coming. He also broke too many Nebraska specific rules to have me worried, namely he star/headline chased in recruiting, and he made a couple dumb promises to their fanbase including calling Sims an NFL QB. But the most important rule he broke is giving their slowpoke fans red meat.

Normally I’d just reference the tweet instead of posting it but this loser made a “Rhule didn’t pray to Dion, that’s why he’s mad,” comment that offended me so f him here’s this stupid tweet that incapsulates their fanbase:

One of our new social media assistants made a comment over the offseason that she had no idea how pathetic their fans were before coming here. That fanbase does NOT need a coach who talks trash, but Rhule opened his stupid mouth about Coach Prime and enjoyed a nice 22 point loss as a result. Also, this is inspiring:

Last edited:
I understand when games are close and you feel your team should’ve won but there was one fluke that didn’t go your way.

I don’t understand how losing 36-14 qualifies. 7 of those points were in the final second of the game against walkons, kids that literally don’t even have scholarships.

Fumbling the ball, throwing INTS, missing kicks, and getting 36 points dropped on you before we put in our backups is not a “fluke”. That’s just dog**** football.

I understand when games are close and you feel your team should’ve won but there was one fluke that didn’t go your way.

I don’t understand how losing 36-14 qualifies. 7 of those points were in the final second of the game against walkons, kids that literally don’t even have scholarships.

Fumbling the ball, throwing INTS, missing kicks, and getting 36 points dropped on you before we put in our backups is not a “fluke”. That’s just dog**** football.
That is how Nub fans evaluate games. If everything they did not do well had happened differently so that they had done it well and if the opponent had failed in everything they had succeeded at, then Nebraska would have won. Especially if the refs hadn't conspired against them. So close.

That is how Nub fans evaluate games. If everything they did not do well had happened differently so that they had done it well and if the opponent had failed in everything they had succeeded at, then Nebraska would have won. Especially if the refs hadn't conspired against them. So close.
Almost had it. You forgot "we have to trust the process".

I thought Rhule might be a solid hire for them all things considered, though I did think he could probably use a year off after all the dumb **** he was saying in Carolina. But after watching a few minutes of his pressers, he’s already aging faster than Frost did and he looked like he saw a ghost after we beat TCU. He knew what was coming. He also broke too many Nebraska specific rules to have me worried, namely he star/headline chased in recruiting, and he made a couple dumb promises to their fanbase including calling Sims an NFL QB. But the most important rule he broke is giving their slowpoke fans red meat.

Normally I’d just reference the tweet instead of posting it but this loser made a “Rhule didn’t pray to Dion, that’s why he’s mad,” comment that offended me so f him here’s this stupid tweet that incapsulates their fanbase:

One of our new social media assistants made a comment over the offseason that she had no idea how pathetic their fans were before coming here. That fanbase does NOT need a coach who talks trash, but Rhule opened his stupid mouth about Coach Prime and enjoyed a nice 22 point loss as a result. Also, this is inspiring:

I’m gonna be enjoying the popcorn as Rhule stays stuck in neutral due to the completely different reality that is college football.

His plan to develop talent and implement his system over time will blow up every year because of the transfer portal.

I’m gonna be enjoying the popcorn as Rhule stays stuck in neutral due to the completely different reality that is college football.

His plan to develop talent and implement his system over time will blow up every year because of the transfer portal.
There's a real danger of appearing uncool when coaching against Prime. It's my observation that Rhule tried to avoid that initially by creating a challenging persona and then after TCU he resorted to acquiescence.

Nebraska has been punching above its record in recruiting for years now. I suspect that his interactions with Prime will make it harder to recruit to Lincoln.

I'm curious to see how other coaches engage with the power of Prime's personality moving forward.

There's a real danger of appearing uncool when coaching against Prime. It's my observation that Rhule tried to avoid that initially by creating a challenging persona and then after TCU he resorted to acquiescence.

Nebraska has been punching above its record in recruiting for years now. I suspect that his interactions with Prime will make it harder to recruit to Lincoln.

I'm curious to see how other coaches engage with the power of Prime's personality moving forward.
The best approach is what Jay Norvell has done so far. Acknowledge how good of a job he's doing, hype up the excitement around Gameday and Big Noon, and talk about how cool it is that this rivalry has two black HCs for the first time ever. Granted, that last one isn't something any other coach on the schedule can say, but saying something about the change he's bringing to the game would go a long way.

There's a fine line between gushing about him/kissing his ass and being complimentary and applauding what he's doing that coaches probably need to walk, or yeah, they risk getting embarrassed.

While Dan Lanning didn't take any direct shots at Prime, he was majorly disrespectful to CU as a program. I look forward to Prime clowning him and taking his recruits in a couple weeks.

Specific to Nebraska, they've had an identity problem since the Osborne era ended. Solich did really well but not to the level they'd been at in recruiting or on-field results. They've tried to reinvent themselves in objectively misguided ways as a finesse offense with Callahan, a west coast style team with "Cali-braska", a Florida focused program with Frost. Probably the move that worked best was Pelini with a salty defensive identity and the LSU approach. They've run away from their own coaching tree and culture, avoiding hires like Craig Bohl and others from that tree. Really, Wisconsin has been the successor to the Osborne program with what Alvarez built. I thought that Rhule would be true to their identity - he's uncool like Nebraska is, focuses on player development, system is about ung game and defense, etc. I think it could work since he is true to their DNA. But he's showing signs of having too much of a bitch ass, unauthentic, beta personality which has surprised me and I question whether it will actually lead to success.

I don't follow that closely. But nebraska (like CU) has been pretty bad for a long time. I'm consistently surprised by how much talent they actually have on their roster.

They had over 60 new players arrive via the portal just less than what CU did. Coach Prime just did better than Rhule in the transfer market.

I don't follow that closely. But nebraska (like CU) has been pretty bad for a long time. I'm consistently surprised by how much talent they actually have on their roster.
Do they have that much talent on their roster or do they have a roster of over-rated talent.

Every year we see the list of recruits from Nebraska with a bunch of 4* or high 3* players. The next year we see most of those guys headed for the airport and often the ones who stay headed for the bench.

Even the ones who transfer out don't seem to find a lot of success at their new destinations. There are exceptions of course but overall it seems like their talent is overrated.

Why is this? Don't know. Maybe it is because they have chased star ratings and pursued kids who where rated high by the services but who the coaches of other schools didn't think deserved that much respect. Remember that CU over the past couple decades has brought in some highly rated players who turned out to not be deserving of the rating. When they got here we saw why other schools didn't make them a recruiting priority.

I also contend that the services know what makes them money. The Nebraska fan base is willing to pay good money to read good things being said about their team. Do some recruits get a recruiting bump when Nebraska starts sniffing around?

This isn't to say that the roster is devoid of talent. They have continued to send some kids to the league each year. Saturday they had a few guys, especially on the lines who were better than our guys at the same position.

Overall though they are who they are. They are a bottom 1/3 B1G program with bottom 1/3 B1G talent. Easy to argue that they often don't get what they should out of their talent. Losing to schools like Georgia Southern, Troy, NIU, etc. should at most be a once in a generation thing for a B1G school, not a frequent occurrence. Losing year after year to Northwestern, to Purdue and Illinois shouldn't be happening but it does.

To listen to their fans you would think they have a roster of future HOFers, they just need the right coach and a little help from the refs. The consistent results on the field says that is likely not the case.

The best approach is what Jay Norvell has done so far. Acknowledge how good of a job he's doing, hype up the excitement around Gameday and Big Noon, and talk about how cool it is that this rivalry has two black HCs for the first time ever. Granted, that last one isn't something any other coach on the schedule can say, but saying something about the change he's bringing to the game would go a long way.

There's a fine line between gushing about him/kissing his ass and being complimentary and applauding what he's doing that coaches probably need to walk, or yeah, they risk getting embarrassed.

While Dan Lanning didn't take any direct shots at Prime, he was majorly disrespectful to CU as a program. I look forward to Prime clowning him and taking his recruits in a couple weeks.
Recruits and Nike money!

Back