What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official ****braska Hate Thread

speaking of let downs. nubs have had two emotional games in a row, and lost. They are going to have a let down and let the last 2 losses get em again.
book it

They have begun the hard work of convincing themselves they are good again. I sure hope NIU gets the upset. It seems like all the ingredients are there.

Reminds me of Jim Harbaugh. I'm old enough to remember when he said the NCAA violation was just him buying a burger. I'm also old enough to remember him saying he'd never eaten a booger in lis life. Rhule is another Coach Booger.
sport-preview-jim-harbaugh.jpg

Must have helped him beat Ohio State lately.

N******** was playing pretty dirty. Still sucked complete and total ass. Their coach is a pussy. They’re pussies. Their fans are poor. They live in a ****hole. They’re irrelevant. They’re passive aggressive off the field.

When I become governor for Colorado, I will turn the ****ing water off and toss a match over the border once the fields are nice and dry

Nebraska almost always almost wins. Longest list of moral victories in college football
Oddly enough, they tend to get a little touchy when you bring up all their moral victories. I thought I was being kind and welcoming in a “Nebraska classy” kind of way when I told a bunch of Nebraska fans exiting the stadium that it was a very nice moral victory for them. They seemed to lack appreciation for that sentiment.

Oddly enough, they tend to get a little touchy when you bring up all their moral victories. I thought I was being kind and welcoming in a “Nebraska classy” kind of way when I told a bunch of Nebraska fans exiting the stadium that it was a very nice moral victory for them. They seemed to lack appreciation for that sentiment.
My favorite moment exiting the stadium was similar. I was thanking them all of coming and supporting the Colorado Buffaloes. One girl responded "WE CAME FROM DENVER" and then paused like she'd just dropped a hammer on me. I laughed a lot.

I don’t think Coach Prime is going to leave us for at least 5 years. I think the idea of taking a 1-11 team and building it from scratch into a national championship team is much more appealing to him than going to a school like Alabama where they’ve already had recent success.

I just feel like Coach Prime loves it here. Seems like this is a place he stays. Anyone else agree? Just a gut feeling.

If he does decide to leave, it will be devastating but look what he’s done for us in less than a year. At least now he’s made the head coaching job here a position that will have a lot of interest instead of being the job no one wants.
I don't agree at all. I think we get 2 years and MAYBE 3. His kids will be gone and he likes to take on new challenges. He doesn't have a personality for putting down roots.

We should all just enjoy this while we can.

I think we are all trying to talk ourselves into the reality that he will want to put down long term roots here in spite of the fact that he’s never put down long term roots anywhere. If we get three years from Coach Prime, a conference championship and a berth in the CFP, I will be beyond thrilled and forever thankful for his efforts. It will be up to the CU admin to take what he will have built and keep it going.

5 MLB teams
5 NFL teams
2 years as HC at Prime Prep Academy
2 years as HC at Triple A Academy
3 years as OC at Trinity Christian High School
2 years (3 season as the first was a covid spring season) at Jackson State
3 years at CBS The NFL Today

His longest stint was as an analyst on NFL Network where he did a variety of things between 2006 and 2020.

I don't think it is weird at all to look at his history and think the guy likes to move around and do different things. I hope he stays for 20 years - but if I'm right and he doesn't then he will leave us in a WAY better position moving forward.

I’m referring to dio’s insistence that he doesn’t put down roots or stay in one spot for very long. There’s no evidence of that at all in his life and it’s weird that dio is creating that narrative 9 months into his tenure at CU
Remove the sunshine from your eyes and realize you just said something that is ignorant of reality. See above post by @dio.

5 years with the Falcons, wanted to stay but left because the owner said he was too good to stay on a bad team

Signed a 1 year deal with the 49ers and became a free agent

Spent 5 years with the Cowboys that took him through the best years of his career and they released him at the end

Spent 14 years with NFL network

His coaching career to this point has been no different than 99% of other coaches who started from the bottom. He also coached his sons at every level so naturally he had to move up and move on.

Context matters

It’s not, though. Context matters. See above post by @The Alabaster Yak
Yes it does. But you said what you said, and your absolute statement is categorically false. Just because you don't like the evidence doesn't mean it exists. Back away from the hyperbole and your point would be stronger because you'd still have credibility.

I’m referring to dio’s insistence that he doesn’t put down roots or stay in one spot for very long. There’s no evidence of that at all in his life

5 years with the Falcons, wanted to stay but left because the owner said he was too good to stay on a bad team

Signed a 1 year deal with the 49ers and became a free agent

Spent 5 years with the Cowboys that took him through the best years of his career and they released him at the end

Spent 14 years with NFL network

His coaching career to this point has been no different than 99% of other coaches who started from the bottom. He also coached his sons at every level so naturally he had to move up and move on.

Context matters
And his sons will be done with CFB after next year....

Yes it does. But you said what you said, and your absolute statement is categorically false. Just because you don't like the evidence doesn't mean it exists. Back away from the hyperbole and your point would be stronger because you'd still have credibility.
Ok, I’ll change my point to say, “there’s no evidence to suggest he doesn’t put down roots or stay in one place for very long, relative to any other football coach”

You good?

Ok, I’ll change my point to say, “there’s no evidence to suggest he doesn’t put down roots or stay in one place for very long, relative to any other football coach”

You good?

Yea, that's not a dumb thing to say, but it's also a huge difference from your earlier statement. Big walk back.

Now, what is the average length of stay for a successful college football coach these days? Even Nick Saban jumped around until he ended up at Bama. Coaches who stay are the exception, not the rule.

Average FBS coaching tenure is below four years. Prime is a wild card, and anyone making definitive statements about what he's going to do either way is out to lunch. Plenty of evidence that suggests he's happy to move on to the next challenge. Also evidence that he'd like to be able to put down roots. Or maybe the dude retires, which is what he was going to do until his manager convinced him to coach.

N******** was playing pretty dirty. Still sucked complete and total ass. Their coach is a pussy. They’re pussies. Their fans are poor. They live in a ****hole. They’re irrelevant. They’re passive aggressive off the field.

When I become governor for Colorado, I will turn the ****ing water off and toss a match over the border once the fields are nice and dry
1694556190373.png

Yea, that's not a dumb thing to say, but it's also a huge difference from your earlier statement. Big walk back.

Now, what is the average length of stay for a successful college football coach these days? Even Nick Saban jumped around until he ended up at Bama. Coaches who stay are the exception, not the rule.

Average FBS coaching tenure is below four years. Prime is a wild card, and anyone making definitive statements about what he's going to do either way is out to lunch. Plenty of evidence that suggests he's happy to move on to the next challenge. Also evidence that he'd like to be able to put down roots. Or maybe the dude retires, which is what he was going to do until his manager convinced him to coach.
But most successful CFB coaches either hang around longer than average or leave from mids because they are looking to level up to the next best program.

I feel like we’ve seen more evidence that suggests Prime is different in that regard as long as he has access to the playoff and is getting the support needed to win at an elite level. He’s a self proclaimed agent of change and has not so subtly hinted at the idea of bringing social change to the Boulder community. Add that to his comments about the dream of bringing baseball to CU, among other things, and I don’t know why CU fans are already planning for him to be gone after the 2024 season.

You want to enjoy the ride? Thinking/hoping that CU has found a true unicorn in every sense of the word is part of it

Back