What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

Updated the OP for RPIs heading into Monday and Week 9.

CU stayed at #23 in the nation. 0-3 record against Top 50 opponents, but 4-0 against 51-100.

Pac-12 is incredibly strong. 8 teams in the Top 50, 11 in the Top 100 and all 12 in the Top 150. What that basically means is that losing on the road doesn't hurt your numbers this year. Take Utah this week, for example. The Utes went 0-2 on the Bay Area trip and only fell from #31 to #32. Even UCLA, dropping both games on the UW/WSU trip against the lowest RPI teams in the conference, only dropped from #61 to #72.

Biggest movers in the Pac-12 this week were Wazzu (+48) and Cal (+40).

I'll update for the new AP ranks when they come out tomorrow.

Pac-12 games this week:

Wednesday
Cal at Oregon
Stanford at Oregon State

Thursday
Arizona at UCLA
Arizona State at USC

Friday

Utah at Colorado

Saturday
Arizona at USC
Arizona State at UCLA
Cal at Oregon State
Washington at Washington State

Sunday
Stanford at Oregon

Cal left out of the Coaches (#26). Clear illustration of how invisible the Pac12 is to the rest of the country. What a joke

Cal left out of the Coaches (#26). Clear illustration of how invisible the Pac12 is to the rest of the country. What a joke
Cal won't be invisible if they go on a run in the NCAA tournament. Lucky for the PAC that RPI is not East coast biased so hopefully the conference as a whole can make some noise in the tournament.

Cal #27 in AP. Pretty sad the likes of Dayton seemingly get more pub

I'd put Cal in over maybe South Carolina or Butler, but Dayton has beat some good teams. I think the polls look fair, with the exception of Baylor in the Coaches.

We dropped to #10 in CBS's bracketology and dropped out of ESPN's. I think it's mostly due to the fact that we don't have any top 50 wins yet. We have a great opportunity in the next three games to rack those up.

Cal #27 in AP. Pretty sad the likes of Dayton seemingly get more pub

Fortunately, some of the bookmakers feel the same way. They are anywhere from +2500 to +7500 to win the NCAA tourney. Just had to take a little flyer on them at +7500. They have too much talent to be priced that low, I think.

Last edited:
I'd put Cal in over maybe South Carolina or Butler, but Dayton has beat some good teams. I think the polls look fair, with the exception of Baylor in the Coaches.

We dropped to #10 in CBS's bracketology and dropped out of ESPN's. I think it's mostly due to the fact that we don't have any top 50 wins yet. We have a great opportunity in the next three games to rack those up.

Dayton is good. That Iowa win has some clout right now, though some of their wins like Arkansas and Vanderbilt aren't probably as good as they seem at first glance.

Baylor is the better example. Baylor's RPI is 102 and a 10-3 record. Their OOC SOS is 293. Zero decent wins...a mediocre 8-5 Vanderbilt?

UConn is a bit shaky as well with the 10-3 record and an RPI of 61, but at least they've beaten Ohio State (who seems to be waking up a bit) and Texas (who seems to be fading).

South Carolina will be out of there soon enough once conference play starts.

If Cal keeps playing like they have the last few games, at some point you'll almost have to write off their early losses. For instance, 2 years ago Virginia got the #1 seed. No one was particularly considered about a handful of early losses, including a 35 point New Years Eve loss to Tennessee and a loss to Green Bay.

You have to wonder if this situation was playing out in the ACC, B1G or Big XII whether many teams would be ranked instead of receiving votes. My guess is they probably would be. Perhaps we can change that as the season goes on, but it looks to me like we might be entering a long period where Arizona and Cal are ranked and no one else is. For the record, I certainly don't think CU should be ranked right now.

Tuesday games we care about:

#24 South Carolina at Auburn (5:00, SECN)... I like Auburn's chances in this one
Minnesota at Penn State (5:00, BTN)... PSU is usually strong at home & has a good opportunity here
Nicholls at Memphis (6:00)... the RPI gods definitely don't love me enough for this upset to happen :ROFLMAO:

#24 South Carolina at Auburn (5:00, SECN)... I like Auburn's chances in this one
Minnesota at Penn State (5:00, BTN)... PSU is usually strong at home & has a good opportunity here
Nicholls at Memphis (6:00)... the RPI gods definitely don't love me enough for this upset to happen :ROFLMAO:

Please, Auburn, knock off South Carolina.

Expose the cocks!

Figured I'd post this while I had a chance to report good news in the game...

Nicholls is up 14-7 at Memphis after 5 minutes of play. Woot!

Auburn lost. They need to get healthy. Shell of the team we played.

Nicholls down 50-21 at half so... after the 43-7 run by Memphis to close the half... I don't expect that one to go in our favor.

Penn State is neck & neck with Minnesota with 2 1/2 to play.

Wednesday:

Hampton (5-7) @ Morgan State (2-11): Hampton should start picking up W's now that they're in conference play.

Air Force (10-4) @ Wyoming (7-8): Big opportunity here for AFA to get a valuable MWC road win. Cowboys are a bit down this year so it's not completely out of the question. Wyoming favored by 6.

#13 Iowa State (11-2) vs Texas Tech (11-1): ISU should be fine at home, but this is the best team Texas Tech has had in years. Their only loss was way back in game 2 to Utah. Cyclones favored by 10.

Cal (12-3, 2-0) @ Oregon (11-3, 0-1): Big game with top 4 implications. Cal has looked damn good lately, dominating CU and Utah in Berkeley. Oregon, meanwhile, got killed in Corvallis. However, Oregon has been a different beast at home with a 9-0 record. This is only Cal's third true road game. The Bears won at Wyoming in OT and lost at Virginia in OT. Ducks favored by 2.5

Colorado State (8-6) vs UNLV (9-5): CSU fought back in their MWC opener @ Boise State to only lose 84-80. Hopefully that's a sign that they haven't completely folded. Their RPI is currently a horrid 187 and a win over UNLV would be a step in the right direction. UNLV is one of the better MWC teams, but the MWC is absolutely horrendous this year. CSU has a shot. UNLV favored by 5.

Stanford (8-5, 1-1) @ Oregon State (10-2, 1-0): Stanford surprised by getting a win over Utah, but it was quite apparent that Stanford is mediocre at best. Oregon State looked impressive in a blowout win over Oregon. While I think Oregon State may still have a "WTF?" game or two in them, it seems that Corvallis is not going to be an easy place to play this year. Hard to imagine Stanford getting this road win. Beavs favored by 6.5

This night has started well for CU. Some losses to teams above us in the RPI moved us to #20 before the games with a direct impact even started.

And Hampton just closed out a road win in OT. Horrible opponent, but road wins build confidence and this could point to them getting to a winning record (6-7 now) this year with a good record in their conference.

It's becoming apparent our 59 in Berkeley wasn't anything to be ashamed of
I was hoping the fact that we caught them early at home in conf play meant that we could go in there and steal one before the talent really gelled. Unfortunately that didnt happen.

I was hoping the fact that we caught them early at home in conf play meant that we could go in there and steal one before the talent really gelled. Unfortunately that didnt happen.
I was hoping that our team had a strict curfew and they partied all night for nye, but then I realized that it's Berkeley.

ISU hung on. I got a little nervous at 65-62 though.

Going to be tough for Cal; down 60-54 with 3:25 to go.

It's becoming apparent our 59 in Berkeley wasn't anything to be ashamed of

I was looking at nbadraft.net's mock draft and they have 3 Cal players being drafted, including #3 and #5 overall. Their talent is just nuts, so I'm not too worried about that game.

CSU jumped about 20 spots to #174 with that win, which puts them in pretty easy range of Top 150 (which would put them in the "quality win" category as a road victory on the resume sheet the selection committee uses).

Back