What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

He did say big(s). A bigger key may be how Wes handles Kuzma. If Wes can take him out of the game like Cal did, it may be a wash.

True. Wes has an advantage over Reyes or anyone else they throw at PF. I'm just scared of Poeltl's D on Josh.

Poeltl is better than Josh. Josh has a tendency to not bring his A game against guys who are bigger than him (see: Cal). He needs to bring it tonight because Poeltl is a potential All-American. If he does, and our perimeter D steps up, we should win. If not, it could be an ugly night.
It will be interesting to see if this is the overall book on Josh or if last year it was due to his back and Cal was just an off game. In other words, I am hoping you are wrong.

True. Wes has an advantage over Reyes or anyone else they throw at PF. I'm just scared of Poeltl's D on Josh.

One thing to watch here: Poeltl will foul. Could be the key to the game if Josh can get Poeltl into some foul trouble.

One thing to watch here: Poeltl will foul. Could be the key to the game if Josh can get Poeltl into some foul trouble.
This is something I've noticed in the Utah games I've watched. As tremendous he is on offense, he reminds me of someone like Jahlil Okafor on defense. That is not a compliment.

It will be interesting to see if this is the overall book on Josh or if last year it was due to his back and Cal was just an off game. In other words, I am hoping you are wrong.

Betting I'm wrong is usually the safe move to make. It could very well be, as I'm using some recency bias here.

I was surprised that Poeltl isn't called for as many fouls as I expected (3.0 per 40 minutes). He just seems to get called for them when it's most visible (the Duke & Stanford games). Good news is there aren't many better at drawing fouls than Josh. 136th in the nation with 6.2 fouls per 40 minutes.

As questionable as Utah's guard play is at times, they are effective at getting assists (yes, having Poeltl makes accomplishing that a good deal easier). Utah is averaging 16.6 per game, good for 38th nationally.

Anyone know the deal on kuzma? I Hear he's a game time decision because of the bruised tailbone.

If you look at the Transition #s he posts though, Utah is within the range of teams we've been able to score against.... the problem is that it's been a 50/50 shot and neither of those teams had anyone like Poe(r)tl.

Washington improves to 3-0 with a 99-95 OT win at Wazzu. Cougs fall to 1-2

Air Force got killed at home by Nevada by 23

Zona just lost Trier for 4-6 weeks which means he should be iffy for our game with the Chards

Updated OP for current records and RPI. Worst thing about CU's otherwise good resume is the goose egg against Top 50 opponents.

Monday games we care about:

Florida A&M (5-11) at Hampton (7-7) - no tv... Hampton has quietly evened its record and is 3-0 in the MEAC. Should bank a lot of conf wins and start helping CU's resume (Hampton's RPI has also begun to rise... #201 right now).

We fell out of CBS's bracket, but we are somehow back in ESPN's bracket as a 10 seed. Lunardi is showing a lot of love for the Pac with 8 teams in the field. The Sun Devils and Beavers just barely missed the cut as well. It's amazing how balanced this league is.

Tuesday games we care about:

#17 Iowa State (12-3) at Texas (9-6) -- 7:00, ESPN2... Texas is hanging in with the #36 RPI, just behind the Buffs based on its #2 ranked schedule. They've been fading lately, but so has ISU. This would be a big win for the Clones and they need it (favored by 1.5).

Auburn (7-7) at Vanderbilt (8-7) -- 7:00, ESPNU... injuries have derailed Auburn lately, but they're dangerous with potential for a hot shooting night with the athletes to play some defense in stretches. Underdogs by 16.5 here, but I think this game should be much closer.

Air Force (10-6) at Utah State (9-6) -- 7:00... AFA has been falling in RPI the past couple weeks and this is a tough spot. 10 point dogs at one of the toughest mid-major arenas. Upset isn't out of the question, but I don't have much confidence in this one.

Auburn is falling apart. Not healthy. Any hopes of that being a decent one are fading quickly.

ISU and AFA also losing right now...

Well tonight sucked.

Iowa State continues to fall apart, losing at Texas

Auburn loses at Vandy

Air Force loses at Utah State

Wednesday:

Buffs (12-4, 1-2) vs Oregon State (11-3, 2-1): Buffs finally take the court again after the Utah debacle. Hopefully Tad & Co have learned from it and will use it for motivation and move on. We're going to have a lead like that entering the final few minutes sooner rather than later and I hope we will have learned to not turtle. This is a big game. Oregon State sits with an RPI of 34 and thus would be a nice quality win for the resume. In addition, CU simply cannot afford to keep dropping home games if they want to remain in the NCAA Tournament picture at the right time. Live RPI gives CU a 65% chance of winning. Buffs are favored by 4.5. Gotta get this.

#10 SMU (15-0, 4-0) @ East Carolina (8-8, 0-3): SMU's lack of depth is certainly becoming a concern. It's asking a lot to overcome that and go undefeated. The Mustangs shouldn't have a whole lot of trouble in Greenville, though. SMU favored by 13.5

Nicholls State (5-11, 1-1) @ Houston Baptist (8-7, 3-0): Nicholls is 0-9 on the road this season and Live RPI only gives them a 14% chance in this one.

Penn State (10-7, 1-3) @ #24 Purdue (14-3, 2-2): The B1G is starting to take its toll on Penn State. However, their RPI still sits at a decent 101. Hopefully they can continue to find some wins every now and then and keep it decent. It should be a top 150 win for us (projected finish 143). Obviously a win at Purdue would be enormous, but that's highly unlikely. In fact, they're given a 3% chance. Boilermakers favored by 16

Colorado State (10-6, 2-1) vs San Diego State (10-6, 3-0): Rams have played 3 MWC games and they've been decided by a total of 6 points. CSU definitely isn't good, but the good news is it appears they haven't completely quit and in this version of the MWC they can continue to pick up W's. It would really help us for CSU to be a top 150 win. Currently they sit 175. SDSU is struggling more than expected, but they're still one of the strongest potential victories the MWC can offer. Aztecs favored by 2.5

USC (14-3, 3-1) @ UCLA (11-6, 2-2): Is USC the best team in LA this year? Given how they've looked thus far in Pac12 play, it's a question worth asking. Trojans proved once and for all they're no joke with that 4OT win over Arizona this past weekend. Granted, UCLA beat Arizona right before that. As we stand right now, USC's RPI is damn good shape at 18 while UCLA's is a bit shaky at 48. Bruins are favored by 1.5

SMU cruised to a road win at ECU. That helped.

But the Buffs need to start banking wins or what our opponents do isn't going to mean a damn thing one way or the other.

Back