What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

Tough 4pt loss by BYU to Gonzaga last night.

Today, Northern Colorado (10-20) plays Portland State (12-17) in the Big Sky tourney at 1:05 MT. Maybe they'll make some noise. Stranger things have happened.

Palm still has 7 CU vs 10 Syracuse in his latest.

Lunardi couldn't resist bumping South Carolina up for absolutely no reason. Now has 9 CU facing 8 South Carolina in Des Moines for the right to play Kansas. No thanks. I think we'd beat SC, I just would prefer a second round game in which we aren't playing the favorite to win the whole tournament.

Last edited:

Lunardi couldn't resist bumping South Carolina up for absolutely no reason. Now has 9 CU facing 8 South Carolina in Des Moines for the right to play Kansas. No thanks. I think we'd beat SC, I just would prepare a second round game in which we aren't playing the favorite to win the whole tournament.
i would selfishly love the des moines location.

I would feel the same about Raleigh
We'll find out Sunday. I just don't want to hear the field of 68 and be left...

200.gif

Lunardi couldn't resist bumping South Carolina up for absolutely no reason. Now has 9 CU facing 8 South Carolina in Des Moines for the right to play Kansas. No thanks. I think we'd beat SC, I just would prefer a second round game in which we aren't playing the favorite to win the whole tournament.
****ing Lunardi. If CU had South Carolina's schedule they'd be 26-4 at worst.

****ing Lunardi. If CU had South Carolina's schedule they'd be 26-4 at worst.

ESPN has huge financial stakes in both the SEC and the BPI ratings system. Lunardi still talks about LSU, for chrissakes. And the graphics they put on the tv screen when he's talking about his "bracketology" only show BPI. It's a friggin' joke. I don't even look at his stuff any more. Of the more famous ones, I look at Jerry Palm over at CBS Sports. For accuracy on seeds & selection, my go-to is 131sports based on their 4-year success run on their bracketology.

Hampton got the opening win in its conference tourney.

Poor AFA gave it all they had in what amounts to a conference road game. Took UNLV into 3 OTs before falling just a bit short.

Need CSU to take care of SJSU and get on a little run in the MWC. It's there for the taking. Nobody's all that good.

I have 2 tickets to the 3/17 and 3/19 early rounds in Denver. I wonder what match-up of seeds I might see. I'll sell these tickets at face or I'll go. I guess I'll see who is in the mix here. Looking forward to this year's tournament either way. It would be great to see the Buffs win 2 games. Or more.

CSU rolled. Auburn got rolled. And Nicholls came up with a 2OT win :eek:.

Been a pretty good day for the CU resume. UCLA falling out of the Top 100 is a ding, but otherwise not so bad.

And the Buffs likely move up a seed spot with RPI 26 Texas Tech losing to RPI 182 TCU. Most had them as a 7 seed before that game.

Say we beat SC... How would the Buffs match up against Xavier? I haven't really paid attention to them this year...

Haven't seen them play a ton, either. I know they are just short of having 6 guys average double digits. Xavier definitely has a historical knack for March. They'll scrap. They beat USC by 10 and Auburn by 24

Lunardi still has CU as an 8, now facing Vandy in Des Moines

Haven't seen them play a ton, either. I know they are just short of having 6 guys average double digits. Xavier definitely has a historical knack for March. They'll scrap. They beat USC by 10 and Auburn by 24

Lunardi still has CU as an 8, now facing Vandy in Des Moines

With a chance to play KU. In Des Moines.

**** the NCAA.

Now wouldn't be a bad time for USC and Oregon State to lose. They're among our competition for seeding. Other competition includes Texas Tech (bad loss to TCU), Providence (beat bubble side Butler today), Seton Hall, and Wisconsin.

We average out as a 7 seed on every bracket out there (Bracket Matrix). When you look at the big picture, it's hard to see how we could land anywhere other than 7 or 8. 6 is obviously a dream, but it seems quite unlikely. Just hoping to avoid the 8/9 game.

Buffs dropped to RPI 36 with the loss. But a lot of teams just in front of us will be losing today and tomorrow.

Games we care about for seeding tonight (Buffs now at RPI 36):

Wisconsin (RPI 30) vs Nebraska. Right now on ESPN2. Nubs can do something nice for us for once.
USC (RPI 43) vs Utah. Right now on PACN. Played Utah twice & USC could jump CU in Dance seeding with a win. Probably would
Iowa State vs Oklahoma. Right now on ESPNU. ISU gives a boost to the CU resume with a win.
Creighton vs Seton Hall (RPI 34). 7:30 on FS1. Split in the regular season with each winning on the other's court. Go Creighton!
CSU vs Boise State. Rams can give a small boost to the CU RPI.
Oregon State (RPI 28) vs Cal. Cal needs to win this one. It's neutral since we played both twice, but OSU moves up on seed line vs CU with win.

Heres what I don't get-Dayton has the same number of top 100 wins we do (9). Their best win came against Iowa (RPI 23) on a neutral floor. We'll have three wins after today that are better than that. (I would expect Arizona to move up today after the win over us) Our worst loss was UCLA (101-on the road). They have a loss at home to Rhode Island (RPI 104) and at La Salle (RPI 229).

Iowa also has 9 top 100 wins. They have sweeps of Michigan State and Purdue, which are impressive, but we compare well with the W's over Oregon, Cal, Oregon State (RPI 28), and Arizona. They've also got two bad losses (Illinois-155-which came today, and Penn State-111-who we beat) that are uglier than UCLA.

Wisconsin has 10 top 100 wins, but here's the kicker with them. They're currently losing to the Corn (RPI 170). They have lost to Georgetown, Marquette, and Northwestern (all of whom have worse RPIs than UCLA does). In addition, there are losses on their resume to UW-Milwaukee and Western Illinois. Both of those teams have sub-150 RPIs, and both those losses were at Madison.

I used these two profiles because Jerry Palm has both Dayton and Iowa as 6 seeds. Lunardi is in agreement on Dayton and Iowa, and he's also got Wisconsin as a 6. If you take the names off the front of the jerseys when comparing them to us, what makes Dayton, Iowa, and in Lunardi's case Wisconsin worthy of being 1-2 seed lines higher than us?

Heres what I don't get-Dayton has the same number of top 100 wins we do (9). Their best win came against Iowa (RPI 23) on a neutral floor. We'll have three wins after today that are better than that. (I would expect Arizona to move up today after the win over us) Our worst loss was UCLA (101-on the road). They have a loss at home to Rhode Island (RPI 104) and at La Salle (RPI 229).

Iowa also has 9 top 100 wins. They have sweeps of Michigan State and Purdue, which are impressive, but we compare well with the W's over Oregon, Cal, Oregon State (RPI 28), and Arizona. They've also got two bad losses (Illinois-155-which came today, and Penn State-111-who we beat) that are uglier than UCLA.

Wisconsin has 10 top 100 wins, but here's the kicker with them. They're currently losing to the Corn (RPI 170). They have lost to Georgetown, Marquette, and Northwestern (all of whom have worse RPIs than UCLA does). In addition, there are losses on their resume to UW-Milwaukee and Western Illinois. Both of those teams have sub-150 RPIs, and both those losses were at Madison.

I used these two profiles because Jerry Palm has both Dayton and Iowa as 6 seeds. Lunardi is in agreement on Dayton and Iowa, and he's also got Wisconsin as a 6. If you take the names off the front of the jerseys when comparing them to us, what makes Dayton, Iowa, and in Lunardi's case Wisconsin worthy of being 1-2 seed lines higher than us?

The Committee could place the Buffs anywhere between 6 and 11.

Back