What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs Dance Resume Thread

7 is the same as 10 only better. Of course 6 and 11 are better than that. Especially if you are a 6.

8 and 9 are the same but neither are good.

Modern math

Last edited:
OP is updated.

Buffs enter the day RPI 36.

Saturday, 3/12, games we care about:

South Carolina State vs Hampton (RPI 164), 11:00, ESPN2. This one is go put Hampton in the Dance and get CU a few RPI percentage points.
Dayton vs Saint Joseph's (RPI 27), 11:30, CBSS. Dayton can possibly move St. Joe's down a seed line to our benefit.
Davidson vs VCU (RPI 41), 2:00, CBSS. VCU could potentially jump CU with a win. Go Davidson.
Seton Hall (RPI 23) vs Villanova, 3:30, FOX. Could mean a seed line for the Buffs if Seton Hall loses.
Fresno State vs SDSU (RPI 32), 4:00. SDSU favored by 3.5 and really needs to lose this game.
Akron (RPI 29) vs Buffalo. Akron only favored by 4 and Buffalo is RPI 96. Loss should drop Akron behind the Buffs in RPI.
#12 Utah vs #8 Oregon. Pac-12 Championship. Ducks playing for a 1-seed. Utah playing for a 2-seed.

I certainly think USC gets in. They've piled up a decent collection of top 50/top 100 wins and should be just fine, but their RPI is currently all the way down to 51. That's not a great place to be...I know I'd be nervous if CU was sitting there right now

OP is updated.

Buffs enter the day RPI 36.

Saturday, 3/12, games we care about:

South Carolina State vs Hampton (RPI 164), 11:00, ESPN2. This one is go put Hampton in the Dance and get CU a few RPI percentage points.
Dayton vs Saint Joseph's (RPI 27), 11:30, CBSS. Dayton can possibly move St. Joe's down a seed line to our benefit.
Davidson vs VCU (RPI 41), 2:00, CBSS. VCU could potentially jump CU with a win. Go Davidson.
Seton Hall (RPI 23) vs Villanova, 3:30, FOX. Could mean a seed line for the Buffs if Seton Hall loses.
Fresno State vs SDSU (RPI 32), 4:00. SDSU favored by 3.5 and really needs to lose this game.
Akron (RPI 29) vs Buffalo. Akron only favored by 4 and Buffalo is RPI 96. Loss should drop Akron behind the Buffs in RPI.
#12 Utah vs #8 Oregon. Pac-12 Championship. Ducks playing for a 1-seed. Utah playing for a 2-seed.
Some of this RPI stuff I really don't get. Understanding the formula (but not looking at it in detail - St Joseph & Akron have not exactly played challenging schedules. Akron's best win was perhaps at Arkansas. St Joe's was likely Dayton. Both lost to Villanova which I assume gave each an RPI boost. But for the most part I couldn't see the Buffs losing 5 games on their schedules. Dayton, on the other hand, did have a more challenging schedule including a win over Iowa.

How could these guys be competing with the Buffs for seeding? They'd be 11-12 in the PAC 12.

Some of this RPI stuff I really don't get. Understanding the formula (but not looking at it in detail - St Joseph & Akron have not exactly played challenging schedules. Akron's best win was perhaps at Arkansas. St Joe's was likely Dayton. Both lost to Villanova which I assume gave each an RPI boost. But for the most part I couldn't see the Buffs losing 5 games on their schedules. Dayton, on the other hand, did have a more challenging schedule including a win over Iowa.

How could these guys be competing with the Buffs for seeding? They'd be 11-12 in the PAC 12.

They probably won't be when it comes right down to it. St. Joe's will end up discounted to a 10 or 11 unless it wins its tourney. But I think you discount the A-10 too much. They play excellent basketball. Just below being a Big 6 conference (better than MWC, for reference). Akron (assuming it wins today) will be one of those super dangerous 12 seeds, I would think.

They probably won't be when it comes right down to it. St. Joe's will end up discounted to a 10 or 11 unless it wins its tourney. But I think you discount the A-10 too much. They play excellent basketball. Just below being a Big 6 conference (better than MWC, for reference). Akron (assuming it wins today) will be one of those super dangerous 12 seeds, I would think.

A10 is solid. 4 bid league and it could it could have been more had GW found a way to another victory or two. It goes deeper than those 4-5 teams as well, at least most years. Richmond, Saint Louis, Davidson and UMass were all down this year but usually are quite decent....and that's not even mentioning a George Mason side that has a Final Four to its name and La Salle with a recent Sweet 16.

With that said, I'm not going to complain if we draw St. Bonaventure...

Anyone else remember Hampton over Iowa State as a 15 seed in 2001? One of the great upsets

That was an allsome upset. Maybe the best in tourney history. Craziest thing about it was that ISU was up double digits late and then Hampton just wanted it more. Fun, fun game (unless you're a Clone fan or Larry Eustachy).

That was an allsome upset. Maybe the best in tourney history. Craziest thing about it was that ISU was up double digits late and then Hampton just wanted it more. Fun, fun game (unless you're a Clone fan or Larry Eustachy).

I was just about to say that. It has a strong case as the biggest upset. It's easy to overlook it because ISU was the victim, but they were damn good that year. And yeah, Hampton was down 55-44 and won 58-57. That's remarkable to do.

The Valparaiso last second buzzer beater over MissSt was my fave even before I talked to a guy who was in attendance. He said the atmosphere was great and the place went crazy after the shot.

The Valparaiso last second buzzer beater over MissSt was my fave even before I talked to a guy who was in attendance. He said the atmosphere was great and the place went crazy after the shot.

Definitely a candidate for greatest ending, but I don't put it as one of the greatest upsets (two different categories). Solid upset, but I believe that was 13 over 4

Definitely a candidate for greatest ending, but I don't put it as one of the greatest upsets (two different categories). Solid upset, but I believe that was 13 over 4

Valpo was maybe the best buzzer beater. I think you've got to go 15-2 for biggest upset, though. Richmond's win over Syracuse was probably my favorite. Dick Tarrant was a great, great basketball coach who almost no one here has probably heard of. And that was the first.

Yes!!!!!!

Hampton takes care of business and gives the CU resume a little bump in the right direction.

RPI 157. So close to being Top 150 this year.

Hampton wins 81-69. Congrats to the Pirates. Wouldn't surprise me to see them put up against UVA or UNC which would be a huge deal for them (may have to go play-in game route first though).

Yes!!!!!!

Hampton takes care of business and gives the CU resume a little bump in the right direction.

RPI 157. So close to being Top 150 this year.

If they just hadn't ****ed around and lost to freaking Nicholls State...never should have lost that one, tired from being on the road or not

Princeton vs. Ucla that one year was pretty special.

Lehigh over Duke will always hold a special place.

FGCU over GTown isn't necessarily remarkable on the surface because GTown sucks in the NCAA Tournament, but they got worked. It wasn't even close. 10 points made it seem closer than it was.

On another note, 12 over 5 is actually slightly more common than 11 over 6

Lehigh over Duke just warms the heart. The amazing thing is that was the same year Norfolk upset Missou. I doubt I'll ever live to see two #2 seeds lose in the opening round in the same year again.

Lehigh over Duke just warms the heart. The amazing thing is that was the same year Norfolk upset Missou. I doubt I'll ever live to see two #2 seeds lose in the opening round in the same year again.

Unlikely we see that again. Seven 15 seeds have won (5% of the time)...can we please be the beneficiary of a 15 seed upset (or the first 16)?

12, 5 is usually always interesting.

staying-on-track-at-restaurants.jpg

Back