What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. ****braska Game Thread

Mad props from the FS1 crew. Some snippets:

- said the nubs had everything going and CU just took it in the 2nd half.
- Buffs finally exposed the nubby d backs
- one of the crew had spoken to Tucker and asked him if he'd be calling the d. Tucker said no because he wants to be involved with everything. They said this decision showed up today.
- 1 (I think Claussen) said they were watching when CU ran the flea-flicker. He said they all basically said holy s*** did they just run that????
- Urban said he thinks the nubs are disappointing, got a lot of work to do.

Jay Johnson and Tucker (assuming he had to okay something that gutsy) have BALLS. Holy **** that fleaflicker call. Probably thinking if we hit that (worked out probably better than anybody could have imagined) Fusker starts to think "here we go again"

The biggest change that Tucker’s staff has brought is the ability to change and correct course. To be honest, the Buffs did not deserve to win either of the past 2 games based on first half performance. However the staff were able to steady the boys, get them focused, and made them execute in the second half in both games. Compared to other PAC teams we may not be as talented, but this team has the biggest amount of heart in the conference. Tucker seems to be the real deal and hopefully that will show up in how the team plays the rest of the year, but perhaps more importantly who Tucker can recruit. This is the type of game that sells recruits to a program and that needs to capitalized on.

The biggest change that Tucker’s staff has brought is the ability to change and correct course. To be honest, the Buffs did not deserve to win either of the past 2 games based on first half performance. However the staff were able to steady the boys, get them focused, and made them execute in the second half in both games. Compared to other PAC teams we may not be as talented, but this team has the biggest amount of heart in the conference. Tucker seems to be the real deal and hopefully that will show up in how the team plays the rest of the year, but perhaps more importantly who Tucker can recruit. This is the type of game that sells recruits to a program and that needs to capitalized on.

Can we start a game like that though? Air Force isn't a pushover next week-they're definitely better coached than the nubs are.

Frost is not a good coach. Undisciplined program, and lacks accountability. He road the coattails of the Oregon program into a talent rich UCF that had gone 10-4, 12-1, and 9-4 before dropping to 0-12. He walked in and went 4-8 before going 13-0 and taking the Nubs job. Huepel then went 12-1 the next year with an all new staff and has them 2-0 this year. The Frost era will not end well.
He's a ****ing terrible coach and its awesome!

I don't really expect too much, but half-time gives MT a great opp to make changes, motivate his team. 17 isn't
that big a number
That was my halftime post. But, like many, I was dreading a loss and thinking how miserable the rest of the season might be. Depressing thoughts.
Half time adjustment was 90% MT talking with his players, instead of trying to find new plays or schemes.
Dan Graham was on KOA and was sky-high. How nice was this for past players?
saw frost's interview with nu press and thought he was pretty honest. not a lot of excuses
I'm 71 and it had been awhile since I was jumping up and down, screaming "yes, yes, yes, yes...." Happy Buff fan today

Frost is not a good coach. Undisciplined program, and lacks accountability. He road the coattails of the Oregon program into a talent rich UCF that had gone 10-4, 12-1, and 9-4 before dropping to 0-12. He walked in and went 4-8 before going 13-0 and taking the Nubs job. Huepel then went 12-1 the next year with an all new staff and has them 2-0 this year. The Frost era will not end well.

Frost went to Stanford before coming home to Nebraska. At least he'd earn some good money to support a generation or two of his family. Remember he had cold feet about coming back home?

Kudos to you for bringing up those UCF records before that 0-12 season. National media is just too lazy to put in some analysis of past seasons save for Phil Steele even if he also picked the Corn to win the B1G West this year.

Frost should have stayed at UCF. It is a better job than Nebraska. Easier to recruit, and a good but not delusional fan base. It was pretty widely reported that Frost was really uncertain about leaving, and his wife particularly liked living in Orlando and was less than enthusiastic about life in Lincoln.

I watched about half of Frost's interview. As much as I don't like him, I couldn't find anything to ping him on. He seemed far more accountable yesterday when compared to last year's interviews. I did find his pain delicious, though.

Additionally, I hope the media continue to pressure him on his choice to play Washington.

kNU will never do the things Frostkins did at Oregon and UCF. Someone at work said that maybe Frost was Chip Kelly’s secret weapon at Oregon. More like Phil Knight is that “secret weapon”. Frostkins was just in the right place at the right time. Now the $35 mill (?) cat is peeking out of the bag.

If Martinez doesn’t shake off the sophomore slump, look for him in the transfer portal. McCaffery May never play a down as a Nub...

So in the current era of college football, the CU/kNU series is now 6-6?

kNU will never do the things Frostkins did at Oregon and UCF. Someone at work said that maybe Frost was Chip Kelly’s secret weapon at Oregon. More like Phil Knight is that “secret weapon”. Frostkins was just in the right place at the right time. Now the $35 mill (?) cat is peeking out of the bag.

If Martinez doesn’t shake off the sophomore slump, look for him in the transfer portal. McCaffery May never play a down as a Nub...

So in the current era of college football, the CU/kNU series is now 6-6?
Since 2001, when CU loudly announced to the college football world that the Huskers were no longer "big brother", it has been dead even at 6-6

Great calls/ adjustments by Johnson. Flea flicker was stones.
giphy.gif

Back