What's new
AllBuffs | Unofficial fan site for the University of Colorado at Boulder Athletics programs

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• Prime Time. Prime Time. Its a new era for Colorado football. Consider signing up for a club membership! For $20/year, you can get access to all the special features at Allbuffs, including club member only forums, dark mode, avatars and best of all no ads ! But seriously, please sign up so that we can pay the bills. No one earns money here, and we can use your $20 to keep this hellhole running. You can sign up for a club membership by navigating to your account in the upper right and clicking on "Account Upgrades". Make it happen!

Official Buffs vs. ****braska Game Thread

My favorite part of leaving was using the ****er "patronizing classy fan" shtick against them. I told probably a dozen different groups of ****er fans as I left, in the most legitimately heart felt tone I could muster being sunburned/emotionally drained/sobering up from several pregame beer bongs, "you know, it's too bad, I really thought Frost was going to be the guy to turn things around for your program. Good luck going forward."

The looks of defeat from the ones that agreed, to the still shaky believers who tried to justify him to me as I walked away without further conversation was glorious. They were broken, and I poured salt on the wound without giving them a moral high horse to ride to the parking lot.

I just told them they have the 3rd best corn in their conference.

One of the interviews with MT he said something, and a few announcers have talked about it as well, and that was simply that he had a plan for everything.

One part that I will never forget about the 5th down play was that every interview with a CU coach or player starts with a "we had a 4 play package that we would run if we had 1st and goal with no timeouts and less than a minute to play."

Think about that.

Everyone on CU's team knew what to do in that situation, coaches, players, everyone: they had even practiced the sequence.

MT is the first coach we've had in a long time that is pushing that level of preparation. He's not trying to figure out what to do in the moment. He already knows what he's going to do in any situation, and the confidence that comes from that flows into the team.

The returner got called down on the INT: no hesitation, no thinking about what to do. Kneel down and go win the game in overtime. That confidence led to the team winning when the game was on the line.

Contrast this to how Frosty handled the end of the game.

One of the interviews with MT he said something, and a few announcers have talked about it as well, and that was simply that he had a plan for everything.

One part that I will never forget about the 5th down play was that every interview with a CU coach or player starts with a "we had a 4 play package that we would run if we had 1st and goal with no timeouts and less than a minute to play."

Think about that.

Everyone on CU's team knew what to do in that situation, coaches, players, everyone: they had even practiced the sequence.

MT is the first coach we've had in a long time that is pushing that level of preparation. He's not trying to figure out what to do in the moment. He already knows what he's going to do in any situation, and the confidence that comes from that flows into the team.

The returner got called down on the INT: no hesitation, no thinking about what to do. Kneel down and go win the game in overtime. That confidence led to the team winning when the game was on the line.

Contrast this to how Frosty handled the end of the game.
Wait until the whole team synchs up with the coaching mentally and physically

In all honesty, with as much objectivity as I can muster in the situation, I cannot understand how Scott Frost built that program at UCF, or even coached them to 13 wins. Is the pressure of coaching at ****braska eating his brain or something? I mean, and again I think I'm somewhat objective here, he's a dip**** game day coach and a total crybaby asshole at all times.

Anybody worth a **** could win at UCF-I don't know what the hell happened there that led to O'Leary getting canned, but Josh Heupel (so good an offensive mind he got fired at Oklahoma) is 14-1 there right now. The FSU job (I'm going under the assumption that they've got the money to can Willie Taggart saying this) is his if he wants it after this year.

I really can't decide which win I am more impressed with:

A last second win in Nebraska which we had only accomplished 3 times since 1990, a bomb caught by Viska under two min., and ruining Frost's 1st home game
-or-
A win in Boulder with the crowd (what I will from call from now on "The Great Red Invasion of 19'"), coming down from 17 starting with 1:42 in the 3rd quarter, a program changing flea flicker from the 4 yd line, an overtime win that has only happened once before in the rivalry, and a 1st year head coach winning in his first home game against a ranked opponent.

I think it has to be yesterday's game. The shock is slowly wearing off and what's left is what has to be probably the most memorable win for CU since 2001.

Wow. Go Buffs.

Can you PM me a video of that?
michael-buble-corn.jpg

OK Allbuffs, this 2 game series is over, we won both games, so......

Can we officially vote to shut and lock this thread up, and like Bill Belichick says “Onto the next game!”

Goodbye ****braska till 2023, lets focus on AFA and winning the PAC 12!!!

I OFFICIALLY VOTE TO CLOSE AND PLACE THIS THREAD IN THE HOF

Who votes in the affirmative?
Negative, Ghost Rider.

Don't click, doofus.

Our program needed this win. 2016 was emotional, but very dramatic. This win feels different, it felt prideful. I can’t say I remember feeling pride in 2016, just relief of getting several monkeys off our backs. This win a true program changer.

So happy Jaylon Jackson got some legit PT. Always liked that dude. Pulling for him.
On his big play which really had a big impact in sustaining our omeback after NU scored to go back up by 10 in 4th:
Later, with NU back up 24-14, it appeared linebacker JoJo Domann tried to reroute Jaylon Jackson, who was working out of the slot. He tried one last shove on Jackson as he handed the coverage over to safety Eric Lee, but Jackson was able to break inside and Lee stuttered, leaving Jackson to run wide open to the post for a 57-yard completion that led to a touchdown run one play later.
It's two Colorado Nubs who are left behind.

Montez joins Hagan as qb’s who went undefeated against Nebraska in multiple games. Are these the only two in CU history to do that?

On his big play which really had a big impact in sustaining our omeback after NU scored to go back up by 10 in 4th:

It's two Colorado Nubs who are left behind.
I was so happy on that play. The fox announcers said. “Broken coverage by Lee and he’s wide open!”

Serves the **** talking traitors right

Reading their boards it’s weird, they all think HCMT is a horrible choice of coach who is a total unknown.

DO THEY EVEN WATCH FOOTBALL???

His resume is one of the most polished in the country. Amazing pickup.
And they apparently don’t realize the irony of what their opinion of MT means with respect to their own coach, after year 2 Frost lost to year 1 Tucker.

Back